9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. Shell Programming and Scripting
The below awk in bold will look for the ids in file1 in $2 of file2 and if they match print the line in file2. If an id is missing or not found in file2 (like BMPR2 in line4 of file1) I can not figure out how to add it to them to the lines in the output as missing in $3 following the same format.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I am doing exam revision and I have this question can anybody help me answer it?
Write the commands required to export a directory called /home/open from one machine and to mount it onto a directory called /home/something on another machine?
I have done the usual google searchers but still not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thekinganelka
1.) Let's say I have a list: apple1, apple2, apple3, apple4, apple5
Does anyone know how to display the txt file using c++?
Does anyone know how to insert apple6 into the text file using link list and show the whole list including apple6? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bscot008
4. Shell Programming and Scripting
RANDOM is from 1 - 32767 how can i set it to be from 1 - 6
how can i give every user 100 points at start lets say a game.
within the script if i create users will it by default prevent creating users with same name twice.
I am a beginner in this field and want to do a little game and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gina
We have to convert a sequential file to a 80 char line sequential file (HP UX platform).The sequential file contains special characters. which after conversion of the file to line sequential are getting coverted into "new line" or "tab" and file is getting distorted. Is there any way to read these... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeshsu
I've been doing some work on AIX print queues, troubleshooting some underlying issues we've been having. In the process of this I've uncovered some potential gaps in our knowledge. Our typical setup is remote impact printers (In this case OKIML5520s, with NICs) and local queues... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexop
7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
i have got few questions
1) i created a file "-myfile" .how can i remove this?what command shud i issue
2) i used echo "TODAYS DATE" ; DATE..........but date is comoing in second line..how can i make it come in single line?
3) how can i list all files in a directory using for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekshankar
8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
Dear Guys ,
I have some Questions , i need to have answeres for .
1. now if i took a back up for /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow , like simple copy .. and Install a new system , and paste those two files to the new system ... are the passwords and user info. going to work ?? is it posibble ?
... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tamemi
I just want to know Three questions:
1.what is the name of c++ compiler used in Linux/Unix (like gcc compiler used for c ).And please tell me how can i compile the program of c++.
2. I have Devloped a program of Database in C Under Linux/Unix Enviornment and now i want to add some graphics... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: at_renai2001