I have looked on APC webpage and searched here to find a way to configure powerchute to monitor and shutdown our servers safley when a poweroutage lasts longer then 15 minutes. the documentation i have so far is listed below but i know i am missing a step. I also called APC and they said they do not support AIX with SMART-UPS, so i am stuck any notress or direction would be greatly appreciated.
Steps or content:
1. Obtain a copy of x-windows software. I used hummingbird - EXCEED.
2. Setup hummingbird to log on as root and target the server you would like powerchute installed.
3. Copy the pcns201.tar file from the powerchute CD via ftp to the /usr/java14/jre/bin directory
4. untar the files.
a. tar xvf pcns201.tar
5. Execute a JVM (Java Virtual Machine) session
a. java -cp .cns201.jar:swingall.jar:util.jar load
6. go through the steps of configuration. If I do not mention a step then keep the defaults.
a. Management card IP: xx.xxx.x.x
b. Username: xxx
c. Password: “xxxxxxxx”
7. logout as dmiadmin and close your xwindows session.
8. Login as root and go to /usr/PowerChute
9. copy the rc.APCpcns file to the /etc directory
a. cp -p rc.APCpcns /etc
10. Change your directory to /etc and modify the rc.APCpcns.
a. cd /etc
b. chmod 770 rc.APCpcns
c. chgrp system rc.APCpcns
d. chown root rc.APCpcns
e. vi rc.APCpcns
f. Change the INSTALL_PATH directory to /usr/PowerChute
11. go to the unix prompy in /etc as root and execute.
a. ./rc.APCpcns start
12. Your powerchute Deamon is available and running.
got a problem with my ups after replacing the batterie..
there is no connection to the ups. when i plug this ups into a windows - laptop i can speak to it, but in solaris not. there are no messages in powerchute.err and the deamon upsd is running. restarting the deamon doesn't change... (4 Replies)
i'm the newest newbie using powerchute, so pls help:
I installed PowerChute Business Edition Basic on my suse 8.1 pc ---> ok, the deamon is also running.. but now my problem.... how can i configure the software? i tried to execute the .jar files:... (3 Replies)