9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. Shell Programming and Scripting
When I check the length for the records in the file, it does not give me the correct value. I used wc -l command.
Expected output is:
But the output returned is
Please help me on this issue. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amrutha24
2. Shell Programming and Scripting
I need a script that will run in unix to:
1) Read and input file with 1 column that contains for ex:
2) Checks the first column if it is:
a. Numeric from 0 - 9
b. if it is not less... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
3. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have a issue, I need to loop through a comma delimited file and check for the length which exceeds specified length , if Yes truncate the string.
But my problem is , I do not have to check for all the fields and the field lenght is not same for all the fields.
Say my line... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rashmisb
4. Shell Programming and Scripting
if field2 legth>3 or field3 length >3, then output. Please advice.
Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
5. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have a problem, please help me,
I have a flat file like this:
P00000000088888888999999999 0000999903 000000000000000000
P00000000077777777000000000 0000999903 000000000000000000
P00000000044444444333333333 0000999903 00000000000000000079875
P00000000066666666111111111 0000999903 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
hi guys, im learning so be gentle...
i'm wanting to write a script to read in a customer number.
in order that the code is robust i want to check
1) the length of the value entered (4 characters)
2) that all characters entered are numeric between the values 1 to 3
3) that a value is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skinnygav
7. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am checking the length of each line of a fixed length file and making sure all lines are 161 length. My problem is that some files contain null characters which gets stripped out of my echo. How do I have the NULLs included in my check? (and I cannot replace or sub the NULL values with... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ironmix
8. Shell Programming and Scripting
Hi All ,
I am trying to build a script using awk that checks columns of the Ónput file and displays message if the column length exceeds 35 char.
i have tried the below code but it does not work properly (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit1_x
9. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am using a Korn Shell script..
I need to verify the length of a variable..
I need then to check 12345 to make sure its no longer than 5 digits...
Can you help? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1