9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
I am looking into virtualizing AIX 7.1 on our p7 machine that already has AIX 7.1 installed on it. I have a few questions about them:
1) In order to gain LPAR functionality, do I need to purchase PowerVM software?
2) I read that LPARs are managed from locally attached graphical... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bstring
I have two simple questions
First is :can dhcp server NATIVE of solaris perform dhcp
updates of bind via dnssec like dchpd on linux?
Second: Is possible to build a pdc with samba and iplanet ldap server?Or is better with openldap?
I never found howto or discussions about iplanet server.
Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
3. Shell Programming and Scripting
I want to remove duplicate directories of $PATH. I already have the code (found in this forum), which removes duplicate lines in a textfile.
awk 'x++==0' filename
By how do I use this for the $PATH-variable? (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: doc_symbiosis
4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I'm new with UNIX. In fact I'm just an Oracle Apps programmer runs and maintaining the system in UNIX platform. I've got this question, what is the UNIX AIX 5.3 default temp directory. Is it /tmp or /var/tmp.
Additional to that I was noted that OS also created temp/swap files in this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alikuching
5. Shell Programming and Scripting
Many of my servers' /etc/group file have many userid's that does not exist in /etc/passwd file and they need to be deleted.
This happened due to manual manipulation of /etc/passwd files.
I need to do this for 40 servers.
Can anyone help me in achieving this? Even reducing a step or two will be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdtak
6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
Allright the situation is that i have a dual boot set up with windows xp and red hat 9.0. the problem is that my modem and sound card dont work with linux. I found a driver, and i have to download it with xp. My question is.....
How do i actually copy the file to the linux... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nregenwether
7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I am a dummy in unix. I have 2 simple questions.
1) I am the adminstrator. I want to set a alias that applied to all the users. I do not want to update each user's .profile or .cshrc file.
So is there a way to update it in one file so that it applies to all users ?
Example : I want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: champion
8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
i am a total dummy of unix. i want to find out the following information from my Sun Solaris 8 Unix machine:
1) The command to display physical and virtual memory
2) The command to display the CPU
3) The command to display the total harddisk space.
thank u very much and have a nice... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: champion
9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
My boss wants me to find out how often e-m users are accessing their account:confused:. The mail server keeps log of all logins. I want to use grep the 'usernames', but it should come out the moment it first encounters the username in the log. Can I do that? I want to avoid 10+ greps... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin