9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
I'm new to HP-UX and I'm not sure about some concepts related to resizing fs's under this OS.
First of all I'm only asking about resizing ONLINE, it means, without having to umount the fs nor rebooting, etc.
Q1. I've read that in order to resize a fs online there are 2 requirements:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asanchez
Have a few doubts on SMIT.
1. Is SMIT available in seperate packages if it is not installed by default with the AIX ?
2. how to check the smit version.. is there anything of that kind ?
3. what is the effect of smit.cat file ?
4. What are all the files present in /etc/objrepos/... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BalajiUthira
3. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am working in a reputed software firm,currently working on testing platform (manual and automation).But I am very much intersted in unix and shell scripting,I feel that I am good at beginner level of shell scripting,still I want to practise shell scripting to become excel in it.I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maheshglm
4. Shell Programming and Scripting
If I have a variable in a configuration file like this:
As might get each of the variables in this parameter?
.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danietepa
5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
1. how and who calls .profile when you login
2. what is PPID and what means by PPID = 0
Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.sadani19
6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I m beginner for Unix and i want to use FIFO in my 2 Scripts . I want 1 script to read data from FIFO and other will write into FIFO.
Despite reading so many articles/posts i am still unable sunchronize my scripts.
My doubts are
1> Do We require both scripts as daemons to use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay
7. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am tring to set a shedule for cron to execute my script in every 15 min, n want a mail alert on my mail id if cron fails to get data as input for my script, how can i set that?
Thanks in advance
Subin (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subin_bala
8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
Write unix command to list or view auto links (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashishshah.engg
9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I am very new to UNIX. Please help me to find answers of below questions.
1.A script is saved with name ls. When we execute the script what it will execute?
a) Will execute ls command
b) Will execute the script
c) Will execute script or command depends on the path
... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aswathy