Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: MS Office for Linux..
Operating Systems Linux MS Office for Linux.. Post 99999 by aman_mlt on Thursday 23rd of February 2006 12:25:19 AM
Old 02-23-2006
MySQL MS Office for Linux..

Hi all,

I have to install MS office on the Linux 9. As it is the essential part of my Internship. So I just want to know the following things:
1. Is it possible?
2. From where I can get the MS Ofiice for Linux 9.
3. From wher I can get the Documentation for Installing it.

Thanks in Advance,
Regards
Aman

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx - out of the office

I'm using the mailx client on Solaris to read my email. I would like to know if it is possible to create an "Out of the Office" reply to the sender of email while I'm on vacation??? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigfish
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

Office tool for HP-UX 11.0 ?

Hi Experts, I am facing a problem in opening the office files like *.doc, *.ppt , *.xls etc in HP Unix. How do I do this? Is the software available , If yes is it freely available or Do I need to buy it ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasanna
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can i find staroffice or any other kind office program for unix or linux?

No detail:confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
4 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Linux & Office Suites

Please give me the names of some TOTALLY FREE Linux distributions and MS Office like applications suites for Linux. Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: oti
8 Replies

5. News, Links, Events and Announcements

SuSe Linux runs MS Office

SuSe Linux runs MS Office (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Office

My first question is: Is there a version of Microsoft Office out for Unix? My second Question is: If there isn't a version of Microsoft Office for Unix, then can i get MS office for MAC OS X and install it on my sparc sytems? Im running solaris 8 and 10. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikster007
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

how can i get open office package for Redhat Linux 5.0

Dear Team, Any body who have idea to down load the open office package for Redhat linux 5.0. Please send me the URL. so that i can easily down load from net. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahu.tapan
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Finger command not showing Office, Office Phone from /etc/passwd

Not sure if this is the best place to post, but at this point my question seems to be an advanced topic. I'm curious why it is that the "office phone" column of finger does not seem to report anything even when data is entered in the GECOS field of /etc/passwd. I am using Ubuntu 8.10, kernel... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gratuitous_arp
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

error to openopen office

Hi I am receiving folowing error while running open office on redhat please guide how to resolve (I) x.org loaded video driver of... (II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/drivers/intel_drv.so (==) Depth 24 pixmap format is 32 bpp (III) Desktop is: GNOME (IV) openoffice.org-kde... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manigrover
1 Replies

10. Linux

Office installation on Linux without root access

Need Assistance in finding office open source for REDHAT linux. Need to be compiled as non-root user . If possible I also need instructions for installation. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
6 Replies
PUSH(8) 						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						   PUSH(8)

NAME
push -- fetch mail via POP SYNOPSIS
push [-5 | --krb5] [-v | --verbose] [-f | --fork] [-l | --leave] [--from] [-c | --count] [--headers=headers] [-p port-spec | --port=port-spec] po-box filename DESCRIPTION
push retrieves mail from the post office box po-box, and stores the mail in mbox format in filename. The po-box can have any of the follow- ing formats: 'hostname:username' 'po:hostname:username' 'username@hostname' 'po:username@hostname' 'hostname' 'po:username' If no username is specified, push assumes that it's the same as on the local machine; hostname defaults to the value of the MAILHOST environ- ment variable. Supported options: -5, --krb5 use Kerberos 5 (if compiled with support for Kerberos 5) -f, --fork fork before starting to delete messages -l, --leave don't delete fetched mail --from behave like from. -c, --count first print how many messages and bytes there are. --headers=headers a list of comma-separated headers that should get printed. -p port-spec, --port=port-spec use this port instead of the default 'kpop' or '1109'. The default is to first try Kerberos 5 authentication and then, if that fails, Kerberos 4. ENVIRONMENT
MAILHOST points to the post office, if no other hostname is specified. EXAMPLES
$ push cornfield:roosta ~/.emacs-mail-crash-box tries to fetch mail for the user roosta from the post office at ``cornfield'', and stores the mail in ~/.emacs-mail-crash-box (you are using Gnus, aren't you?) $ push --from -5 havregryn tries to fetch From: lines for current user at post office ``havregryn'' using Kerberos 5. SEE ALSO
from(1), pfrom(1), movemail(8), popper(8) HISTORY
push was written while waiting for movemail to finish getting the mail. HEIMDAL
May 31, 1998 HEIMDAL