Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to Update the database
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to Update the database Post 99940 by tmarikle on Wednesday 22nd of February 2006 11:29:52 AM
Old 02-22-2006
You request involves alot of stuff; the first thing that you need to do is search the forums for "sqlplus". This will help you get the best start in the right direction.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script: want to insert values in database when update script runs

Hi , I am new to linux and also also to shell scripting. I have one shell script which unpacks .tgz file and install software on machine. When this script runs I want to insert id,filename,description(which will be in readme file),log(which will be in log file) and name of unpacked folder... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ring
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic update loop query on Sybase database

Hello Guys, I'm new to Shell scripting, and i need someone to help me with this issue: I'm trying to do a dynamic update query on Sysbase database table using shell script. Lets say, the Update query is "update Table set id=X" , where X is dynamic value for the loop index. If the loop is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alaeddin
10 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Edit/update an /etc/group database entry (c/c++)

Hello I'm writing a program for managing accounts and groups in a linux system. My problem is how to update the members of a group in the /etc/group file,if i have to add/remove those members. total 3 variables for adding some new members to the group : char **oldmembers=grp->gr_mem; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mekos
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rebuild/update fuppes database if files are added/removed from directory

The title says it all. I have a upnp server running fuppes that is connected to my xbox360. In order to see the files on the xbox360 i have to manually update and rebuild the database anytime i add or remove files. I have tried cron jobs to do it every 20 min which works, but if I am streaming... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tr6699
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

download an html file via wget and pass it to mysql and update a database

CAN I download an html file via wget and pass it to mysql and update a database field? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mapasainfo
8 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to update rpm database regarding removed file of a package?

For Suppose, I have installed a package having files file1, file2 and file3. After installation, I removed the file "file3". But "rpm -qf file3" is giving the package name, even file3 was not there. And also "rpm -ql package" is also displaying all 3 files. How can i update rpm database about... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: snreddy_gopu
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using symbolic link for database MySQL in CentOS, not update sizing

I have no idea what I should set the topic here ==' This is my story, please you there kindly help me I'm quite newbie for this. ================================== My host server is CentOS, I spared 9.9GB for /var path that used by MySQL and...It's full because of heavy load traffic, then... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kapom
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update a database table in a for loop

Im trying to update an informix database table for each occurance of a head_barcode in a file called mw within a for loop please see below - cant get the syntax correct. any help please? for a in `cat /tmp/mw` do sql image - << STOP > /dev/null 2>&1 update doc_table set status =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: worky
4 Replies
database(1grass)						Grass User's Manual						  database(1grass)

GRASS GIS 6.4.2 Reference Manual
       Geographic Resources Analysis Support System, commonly referred to as GRASS, is a <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geographic_informa-
       tion_system">Geographic Information System (GIS) used for geospatial data management and analysis, image processing, graphics/maps  produc-
       tion, spatial modeling, and visualization. GRASS is currently used in academic and commercial settings around the world, as well as by many
       governmental agencies and environmental consulting companies.

This reference manual details the use of modules distributed with Geographic Resources Analysis Support System (GRASS), an open source (GNU
       GPL'ed), image processing and geographic information system (GIS).  Go back to help overview
       database commands:
	    | db.columns   | List all columns for a given table.
	    | db.connect   | Prints/sets general DB connection for current mapset and exits.
	    | db.copy	   | Copy a table.
	    | db.describe  | Describes a table in detail.
	    | db.drivers   | Lists all database drivers.
	    | db.dropcol   | Drops a column from selected attribute table
	    | db.droptable	| Drops an attribute table.
	    | db.execute   | Executes any SQL statement.
	    | db.in.ogr    | Imports attribute tables in various formats.
	    | db.login	   | Sets user/password for driver/database.
	    | db.out.ogr   | Exports attribute tables into various formats.
	    | db.select    | Selects data from attribute table (performs SQL query statement(s)).
	    | db.tables    | Lists all tables for a given database.
	    | db.test	   | Test database driver, database must exist and set by db.connect.

Full Index
       (C) 2003-2011 GRASS Development Team

GRASS 6.4.2															  database(1grass)