Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: dividing the screen >>>
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers dividing the screen >>> Post 9957 by LivinFree on Tuesday 6th of November 2001 03:06:15 AM
Old 11-06-2001
I am fairly sure that Redhat bundles a copy of screen, and has for quite some time... If it isn't installed on your system, check the install CDs...

If you want the newer version, check out here:
http://www.redhat.com/swr/i386/screen-3.9.8-3.i386.html

This is for i386 (Intel) systems...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

dividing a file into two

Hi .. I have a file which contains a list of numbers like.. 1923,1924,1925,1926,1927,1928,1929,1930,1931,1932,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2021,2022,2023,2024,2025,2026,2027, 2028,2029,2030,2031,2032,2115,2116,2117,2118,2119,2120,2121,2122,2123,2124,2125,2126,2127,2128,2129,2130,2131,2132,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with dividing

Hi All, I have two variables like below.. ETIMEHR =03 #END TIME HOUR ETIMEMIN=02 #END TIME MIN Now I'm converting the min to hour by deviding it by 60 ETIMEMINCONV=`echo "scale=2; $ETIMEMIN/60" | bc` but when i print ETIMEMINCONV instead of getting... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dividing user Array by 2

Hello! Im trying to divid the numbers inputed by <STDIN> by 2. This is what I have: print "The input array divided by 2 is as follows:\n"; foreach ((@userArray)/2) {print} But it is not dividing by 2? Any help is valuable!! Ben (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dividing a column by it's first number

Hi! Is there an easy way (maybe using awk??) to divide the values of one column of the file by it's first entry.. If I have a column: 3 4 5 6 7 I would like to divide it by 3. I want to do this for more than 100 files, so it wouldn't be practical to open file by file and... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
26 Replies

5. Red Hat

command line tool to disable screen lock and/or screen saver

Hi, I have a simple question : how to disable screen lock and/or sreen saver with command line with RHEL5.4 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: albator1932
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dividing file into columns

Hi, I have a file containing 28048 lines and I would like to split it into a a file with 3506 lines and 8 columns? In column 1, I would like to have the first 3506 lines, in columns 2 the second 3506 lines and so on. I've been looking around in the forum but I found very specific cases. Is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues when dividing

Hi, I do have a very simple task to divide 2 variables and display the result. I CANNOT use bc when i try var1=2 var2=4 var3=$(($var1 / $var2)) echo $var3 the output is always 0 What can I change to get a dotted decimal result such as 0.5 ? Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: svetoslav_sj
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dividing two numbers in unix

Hi, I have written this code the division of two numbers and multiply it by hundred (to get the percent) echo "script running for the 1st time" cp value_directory_present.txt /home/mysql_cnbc/value_directory_past.txt rm -f test6.txt value_directory_present.txt else y1=`awk '{print $1}'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arijitsaha
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accidentally made a screen within a screen - how to move it up one level?

I made a screen within a screen. Is there a way to move the inner screen up one level so that it is at the same level as the first screen running from the shell? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpchick
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dividing by zero

Does anyone know how to include as a script maybe an "echo" warning that explains that if a user uses the second number "zero" when dividing, that the result will BE "zero." I need, example: 5/0 (second number) = 0, in script form. current script: echo "Enter a number" read num1 echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jefferj54
4 Replies
SPACEWALK-CHANNEL(8)						   Red Hat, Inc.					      SPACEWALK-CHANNEL(8)

NAME
spacewalk-channel - Subscribe to or unsubscribe system from channel. SYNOPSIS
spacewalk-channel [options] DESCRIPTION
spacewalk-channel allows you to subscribe to and unsubscribe from specified channels via the command line. A visit to the Red Hat Network (or Spacewalk) website isn't required. OPTIONS
-l, --list Print a list of channel(s) that you are currently subscribed to. -L, --available-channels Print a list of all available child channels. -a, --add You are subscribing system to given channel(s). You have to specify --user and --password. -r, --remove You are unsubscribing system to given channel(s). You have to specify --user and --password. -u, --user Your username used to register the system with and for Red Hat Network, RHN Satellite or Spacewalk. If you do not enter this option and it is required, you will be prompted. -p, --password The password associated with the username specified with the --user option. This is an unencrypted password. If you do not enter this option and it is required, you will be prompted. -c, --channel Label of channel you want to subscribe to or unsubscribe from. Can be specified multiple times. -v, --verbose Print out successfull action. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. NOTE
The addition and removal of channels is mutually exclusive, please use the command twice. EXAMPLES
Subscribe to two channels: spacewalk-channel --add -c rhn-tools-rhel-i386-server-5 -c rhel-i386-server-vt-5 --user username --password password Unsubscribe from channel: spacewalk-channel --remove -c rhn-tools-rhel-i386-server-5 -c rhel-i386-server-vt-5 --user username --password password List subscribed channels: spacewalk-channel --list SEE ALSO
rhnplugin(8), rhn_register(8), up2date(5). AUTHORS
Miroslav Suchy <msuchy@redhat.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009-2010 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2010 August 30 SPACEWALK-CHANNEL(8)