Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: new member need help
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers new member need help Post 99255 by yemen on Wednesday 15th of February 2006 11:00:39 PM
Old 02-16-2006
new member need help

brothers and sisters

iam a new member of your respectful forum

hope to accept me

i really would like to an expert in unix and linux

so please tell me how could ?

and what i should have ?

i want to make my project in these subject

but i dont know what to do

and which project i can do

even how ?

please help be step by step to learn

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

member titles

I must have missed it , but what do Junior Memeber/Member mean? is there a reference arounf for the significance of these titles ? Thanks, Hezki (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: me2unix
3 Replies

2. Solaris

As a new member how do I go about asking question to the administrator and other users (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malusims
1 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Who is The First Member !!!

Hello Admins Just tell me who is the first member of this forum. Regards, Awadhesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Awadhesh
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HI Bruce from Central PA I have never used Unix but am sick of Microsoft so want to learn it. I use to own a computer store front and training center and stated our with Atari, Commodore and the 1st PC and MS/DOS then Windows BUT sick of Microsoft controlling the computer industry. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brucec
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NEW MEMBER PLZ HELP

hi , I am solaris 9 certified system administrator and planning to upgrade to solaris 10, can any one help me to get course meterial hard or soft copy. plz contact ' urgent' Thanks. yappoo. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yappoo
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

New Member - First Question

Here is my situation... System - HP UNIX (HP-UX hq5 B.11.00 U 9000/800 (td)) I have an HL7 (Health Level Seven) pipe-delimied file that does not have any carriage returns/line feeds. I need to insert a line feed before each segment type (MSH, PID, PV1, OBX, etc.) so that my PROGRESS program... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: varefump
16 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

i am new member i hope here is good friends (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: annsoo
1 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Hi guys! My name is Leonida and I am new here to this forum. Nice meeting you all. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leeoona
1 Replies
IONICE(1)							   User Commands							 IONICE(1)

NAME
ionice - set or get process I/O scheduling class and priority SYNOPSIS
ionice [-c class] [-n level] [-t] -p PID... ionice [-c class] [-n level] [-t] -P PGID... ionice [-c class] [-n level] [-t] -u UID... ionice [-c class] [-n level] [-t] command [argument...] DESCRIPTION
This program sets or gets the I/O scheduling class and priority for a program. If no arguments or just -p is given, ionice will query the current I/O scheduling class and priority for that process. When command is given, ionice will run this command with the given arguments. If no class is specified, then command will be executed with the "best-effort" scheduling class. The default priority level is 4. As of this writing, a process can be in one of three scheduling classes: Idle A program running with idle I/O priority will only get disk time when no other program has asked for disk I/O for a defined grace period. The impact of an idle I/O process on normal system activity should be zero. This scheduling class does not take a priority argument. Presently, this scheduling class is permitted for an ordinary user (since kernel 2.6.25). Best-effort This is the effective scheduling class for any process that has not asked for a specific I/O priority. This class takes a priority argument from 0-7, with a lower number being higher priority. Programs running at the same best-effort priority are served in a round-robin fashion. Note that before kernel 2.6.26 a process that has not asked for an I/O priority formally uses "none" as scheduling class, but the I/O scheduler will treat such processes as if it were in the best-effort class. The priority within the best-effort class will be dynamically derived from the CPU nice level of the process: io_priority = (cpu_nice + 20) / 5. For kernels after 2.6.26 with the CFQ I/O scheduler, a process that has not asked for an I/O priority inherits its CPU scheduling class. The I/O priority is derived from the CPU nice level of the process (same as before kernel 2.6.26). Realtime The RT scheduling class is given first access to the disk, regardless of what else is going on in the system. Thus the RT class needs to be used with some care, as it can starve other processes. As with the best-effort class, 8 priority levels are defined denoting how big a time slice a given process will receive on each scheduling window. This scheduling class is not permitted for an ordinary (i.e., non-root) user. OPTIONS
-c, --class class Specify the name or number of the scheduling class to use; 0 for none, 1 for realtime, 2 for best-effort, 3 for idle. -n, --classdata level Specify the scheduling class data. This only has an effect if the class accepts an argument. For realtime and best-effort, 0-7 are valid data (priority levels), and 0 represents the highest priority level. -p, --pid PID... Specify the process IDs of running processes for which to get or set the scheduling parameters. -P, --pgid PGID... Specify the process group IDs of running processes for which to get or set the scheduling parameters. -t, --ignore Ignore failure to set the requested priority. If command was specified, run it even in case it was not possible to set the desired scheduling priority, which can happen due to insufficient privileges or an old kernel version. -h, --help Display help text and exit. -u, --uid UID... Specify the user IDs of running processes for which to get or set the scheduling parameters. -V, --version Display version information and exit. EXAMPLES
# ionice -c 3 -p 89 Sets process with PID 89 as an idle I/O process. # ionice -c 2 -n 0 bash Runs 'bash' as a best-effort program with highest priority. # ionice -p 89 91 Prints the class and priority of the processes with PID 89 and 91. NOTES
Linux supports I/O scheduling priorities and classes since 2.6.13 with the CFQ I/O scheduler. AUTHORS
Jens Axboe <jens@axboe.dk> Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com> SEE ALSO
ioprio_set(2) AVAILABILITY
The ionice command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux July 2011 IONICE(1)