Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: batched rlogin
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users batched rlogin Post 9910 by PxT on Monday 5th of November 2001 01:01:59 PM
Old 11-05-2001
Not directly, but the same thing can be accomplished with the use of an .rhosts file. See the rlogin man page for details. Standard disclaimer applies: rlogin is totally insecure. Consider using ssh instead.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rlogin???

From any computer on our network when you rlogin into one machine (this only happens on this machine) it'll hang for about 3 minutes before loggin into that machine. If your sick of waiting you can do a <ctrl> C and then it'll rlogin into the machine it is meant to BUT it wont keep the shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: merlin
1 Replies

2. Solaris

rlogin on solaris 5.8

i have two identical Solaris 5.8 machines, on one machine I can rlogin, on the other machine I cannot, I can only telnet. Does anyone know why? FYI /etc/default/login #CONSOLE=/dev/console this is indentical on both..... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rlogin

Hi, I have a script and need to use rlogin to access "server1". As there will be different servers used and there will be different usernames and passwords. Is it possible to pass the server name, username and password as arguments on the command line and the script work from there. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seaten
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rlogin

I'm comparing a table from two databases on two different servers to check for equality. 1. How do I use rlogin from a script , is it like this ? rlogin -l $username $server1 where $username and $server1 are passed from the command line. 2.create a copy of that table, compress it and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seaten
3 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

not allow rlogin

does anyone know how to stop rlogin to my sunsolaris so I have 2 machines...I can not telnet one becouse that is not allowed but I can telnet the other and do rlogin to first one..I want to stop that.. so.. telnet A from C machine - works telnet B from C machine - does not work but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amon
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

rlogin problem

On the HP-UX hostA, the command rlogin hostB generates the error "rlogind: Host address mismatch" even though the hostname & IP of hostA are defined in the .rhosts file and the /etc/hosts files of hostB respectively. The IP and the hostname of hostB are defined in the /etc/hosts file of hostA. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijaysharma.vs
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about batched commands

Hi everyone I am a newbbie in the linux enviroment. My problem is: I have tried to use the at command to compile and keep running a program and close the terminal window. Every time I use the at command I get the next error "Can't open /var/run/atd.pid to signal atd. No atd running?" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fenixbeta
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rlogin

i got a dout in rlogin . whether rlogin is same as telnet (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shanmugam
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

rlogin

Hi all, i need to remotely execute a couple of commands on anyother server, but rsh is not allowed. for that matter i am bound to use rlogin. so what i am trying to do in the script is : 1) rlogin asad 2) Wait for Login prompt 3) Waiting for Password Prompt 4) Once authenticated, execute... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asadlone
4 Replies

10. Solaris

rlogin help!

Guys, I'm running solaris 9 on two systems: 1 and 2, let's say. From 1, if I say rlogin 2, i can just login. No passwd prompt! From 2, if I say rlogin 1, it asks for the passwd. (able to login with a passwd) But, they both have the same config files, same set up, same network etc. What... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_red_dove
13 Replies
RLOGIN(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 RLOGIN(1)

NAME
rlogin -- remote login SYNOPSIS
rlogin [-8EKLdx] [-e char] [-l username] host DESCRIPTION
Rlogin starts a terminal session on a remote host host. The standard Berkeley rhosts authorization mechanism is used. The options are as follows: -8 The -8 option allows an eight-bit input data path at all times; otherwise parity bits are stripped except when the remote side's stop and start characters are other than ^S/^Q . -E The -E option stops any character from being recognized as an escape character. When used with the -8 option, this provides a com- pletely transparent connection. -L The -L option allows the rlogin session to be run in ``litout'' (see tty(4)) mode. -d The -d option turns on socket debugging (see setsockopt(2)) on the TCP sockets used for communication with the remote host. -e The -e option allows user specification of the escape character, which is ``~'' by default. This specification may be as a literal character, or as an octal value in the form nn. A line of the form ``<escape char>.'' disconnects from the remote host. Similarly, the line ``<escape char>^Z'' will suspend the rlogin ses- sion, and ``<escape char><delayed-suspend char>'' suspends the send portion of the rlogin, but allows output from the remote system. By default, the tilde (``~'') character is the escape character, and normally control-Y (``^Y'') is the delayed-suspend character. All echoing takes place at the remote site, so that (except for delays) the rlogin is transparent. Flow control via ^S/^Q and flushing of input and output on interrupts are handled properly. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by rlogin: TERM Determines the user's terminal type. SEE ALSO
rsh(1), HISTORY
The rlogin command appeared in 4.2BSD. BUGS
Rlogin will be replaced by telnet(1) in the near future. More of the environment should be propagated. Linux NetKit (0.17) August 15, 1999 Linux NetKit (0.17)