Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how can i send to printer ?
Operating Systems Solaris how can i send to printer ? Post 98420 by ppass on Wednesday 8th of February 2006 04:40:16 AM
Old 02-08-2006
Smilie

lp -d printer_name filename

try man lp

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

know I do for to printer in printer deskjet 80colun

I want to print some thing in HP Deskjet 692.? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edvaldo
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

How do you send printer codes to an IP printer

We were printing to a serial laser printer with all the HP codes to generate a form (i.e. lines, boxes, etc.) Thus the file is filled w/ control codes. We are switching to an IP printer and we can no longer print directly to the device (i.e. cp text /dev/tty11). It looks like we have to use the lp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffbugfree
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Configuring Printer with Printer Manager

Hi All, I am trying to configure printer in solaris 10 with the help of print manager. There is no printer attached to my system, ia m doing it for test purpose. However I am unable to do so coz its pops up window - Heading as error with option as dismiss and cancel. Kindly help as I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
3 Replies

4. AIX

Check printer queue on Windows printer server

Hello Let me first give a small overview of the setup. All printers are connected to Windows 2000 servers. There are a lot of UNIX (AIX & HP-UX) servers as well which have SAP running. I'm working on a script to add printers to a specified SAP instance. I want to verify the user input (to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NielsV
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

send attachments using send mail in Solaris

Hi All, I have a requirement to send and email of body html with an attachment. concatinating uuencode output to the mail body with mailx command works, but as my Email body is of HTML type i use sendmail. my command to send HTML body is as below: export MAILTO="recipient@domain.com"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohan_kumarcs
1 Replies

6. Linux

Find printer location and printer type

Hi, Is it possible to find the printer location and printer type (whether it is local or network) using command in Linux ? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: forumguest
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies
PAP(1)							      General Commands Manual							    PAP(1)

NAME
pap, papstatus - client interface to remote printers using Printer Access Protocol SYNOPSIS
pap [ -c ] [ -e ] [ -p nbpname ] [ -s statusfile ] [ files ] papstatus [ -p nbpname ] DESCRIPTION
pap is used to connect and send files to an AppleTalk connected printer using the Apple Printer Access Protocol (PAP). When pap starts execution, it tries to open a session with the printer using PAP, and then downloads the files to the printer. If no files are given on the command line, pap begins reading from standard input. If no printer is specified on the command line, pap looks for a file called .paprc in the current working directory and reads it to obtain the nbpname of a printer. Blank lines and lines that begin with a `#' are ignored. type and zone default to LaserWriter and the zone of the local host, respectively. Note that pap is designed to be useful as a communication filter for sending lpd(8) spooled print jobs to AppleTalk connected printers. See psf(8) for hints on how to use it this way. OPTIONS
-c Take cuts. Normally pap tells the printer how long it has been waiting. When -c is specified, pap claims to have been waiting for- ever. -e Send any message from the printer to stderr instead of stdout. psf(8) invokes pap with this option. -p nbpname Connect to the printer named nbpname and do not consult the .paprc file to find a printer name. See nbp_name(3) for the syntax of nbpname. -s statusfile Update the file called statusfile to contain the most recent status message from the printer. pap gets the status from the printer when it is waiting for the printer to process input. The statusfile will contain a single line terminated with a newline. This is useful when pap is invoked by psf(8) within lpd's spool directory. FILES
.paprc file that contains printer name SEE ALSO
nbp_name(3), lpd(8), psf(8). netatalk 1.3 3 Jun 1994 PAP(1)