Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Notebook UNIX systems
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Notebook UNIX systems Post 97983 by Perderabo on Friday 3rd of February 2006 03:24:32 PM
Old 02-03-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by R@LE
Older or newer, faster or slower?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTM
You have got to be kidding?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by R@LE
No, I am not....
Well then, my suggestion: go with newer and faster.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

eBay Unix systems

I should add a disclaimer: I am not affiliated with the sellers in any way, nor do I have any more knowledge than any other person reading the description about the item. This is simply for your reference. I see a good number of people wanting a SPARC system to play with, and even more that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

firewall for unix systems

I was wondering if anyone knew of any good firewall softwares to run on open bsd. I'm currently running ip chains but I'm looking for easier to configure. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shadieshad
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

distributers of unix systems

Well i've been looking for some unix systems to download but with all the technical stuff they talk about on the sites i think that it would be betterif i just bought oneat a store so it comeswith directions and stuff, but is there any unix system that will coincidentally run with MS-dos mode? and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shag134
1 Replies

4. SCO

Sharing unix drives from two unix systems

I have two SCO openserver systems, 1 in the US and 1 in the UK. I am setting up a vpn to connect the two local networks that also have windows pc's on them. Is there a way that either unix system can see the hard drive on the other unix system so that I can share data between them. I run a cobol... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rongrout
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

MRTG in Unix Systems

Hi, I need help to discovery the correct MIB to monitoring CPU, Memory and Hard Disc in Unix. I get any MIB in the internet, but donīt work. Anybody help-me? Thanks. Marcio Dunder Perin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dunder
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file systems for unix

please someone give me 3 file systems for unix HP-UX version !!! thnks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: androc
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Monitoring Unix systems

I am looking for a commercial tool that will give me -UNIX Monitoring performance solution+ reports on CCV format. (as perfmon on windows machines). The tool must have following counters per PROCESS: Page Faults/sec Virtual Bytes % Processor Time Handles count Threads count... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: gen4ik
19 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix Operating Systems 5

Hi :) I have unix Operating Systems 5 I need working for user logout befor 10 minutes,In the case that he is not active :o what do I do? :rolleyes: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fakhwork
4 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)