Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Compiling of MySQL 3.23 Solaris 8 x86 ( 07/01) faild (Please help) Post 9770 by mrsaint on Friday 2nd of November 2001 10:18:02 AM
Old 11-02-2001
Question Compiling of MySQL 3.23 Solaris 8 x86 ( 07/01) faild (Please help)

I got the source tarbal from mysql.com of the latest version about 3.23.
When I compile it, I get some errors of assembler etc.

I start ./configure with these settings

CC=gcc CFLAGS="-O6" \
CXX=gcc CXXFLAGS="-O6 -felide-constructors -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti" \
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql --localstatedir=/var/mysql \
--with-low-memory

After I edit the config.h file and remove all entries of HAVE_TERM_H and HAVE_CURSE . ( I also tried it without this modification. )

then when I start compiling this errors happen:

Assembler: password.c
"/var/tmp/ccCtqApg.s", line 166 : Illegal mnemonic
"/var/tmp/ccCtqApg.s", line 166 : Syntax error
"/var/tmp/ccCtqApg.s", line 222 : Illegal mnemonic
"/var/tmp/ccCtqApg.s", line 222 : Syntax error
"/var/tmp/ccCtqApg.s", line 378 : Illegal mnemonic
"/var/tmp/ccCtqApg.s", line 378 : Syntax error
"/var/tmp/ccCtqApg.s", line 457 : Illegal mnemonic
"/var/tmp/ccCtqApg.s", line 457 : Syntax error
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `password.lo'
Current working directory /usr/local/mysql-3.23.43/libmysql
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
Current working directory /usr/local/mysql-3.23.43
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive-am'

I used GCC 2.9.5

Has anyone in this round succesfull compilied version of mysql 3.23.xx on Soalris 8 ? So please help me!

Thank you a lot for your help!

regards,
PatrickSmilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 x86

Hi There, I search a lot across the board but didn't find answer... first of all... I installed the Companion CD. So Kde is supposed to work... I ran the script to have it in my login screen, and it's there... but when I enter it, it only kicks me to the login screen once... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Erythro73
1 Replies

2. Solaris

solaris on x86

hi, need help! i've installed solaris 9 on my x86 box...problems with kdmconfig. here what i have: 1- Dell 17" Flat monitor ( 31kHz-80kHz horizontal and 56 Hz-76Hz Vertical) 2- Matrox Millenium G550 card what choices do i have to made? best regards thank you in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hmaiida
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 X86

Ok here goes, this MCSE is now fed up with MS, they are telling me that my Legal XP has a s/num they didnt issue. After countless emails I am P with them and am loooking for a new OS. Tried Linux, got it working but seems too flaky for me. Have installed Solaris 10 X86 (on a temp pc AMD Athlon... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mickie
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris x86 on D<LL (OK I said it)

OK, I have a DELL Poweredge 2850 fresh out of the box sitting here. I'm thinking of putting Solaris 9 x86 on it. Has anyone ever attempted this before, do you think it will work? I dont want to get into something that is just going to be a enormus waste of time, so I am wondering if anyone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running Solaris Sparc Apps on X86 Solaris

I know that Sun make s a version of Solaris for Sparc platforms and also an x86 (Intel/AMD) release of Solaris. Can an application that runs on Solaris/Sparc also run on a PC running the x86 release of Solaris? Would a different release be required or any re-compling of the application? jim (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stocksj
1 Replies

6. Programming

Compiling in Solaris

Hi, I'm new to Unix. I'm trying to compile a shared library in Solaris running on x86. I get "void value not ignored as it ought to be" error when trying "make". But it compiles fine in Fedora. How can this happen? I think both are using the same type of compiler. What can I do to get around... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: runnerb
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

compiling php5 on solaris 9. please help.

I'm trying to compile PHP5. I've installed mysql5 successfully and apache1.3 is working great, but I get the message below when I compile PHP5. I double checked if I have libxml2 installed and I do. I installed libxml2 binary from sunfreeware. Please see below for details: ./configure... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xnightcrawl
5 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

mysql on sol10 x86

i installed the x86 version (32-bit) of mysql community db. looks like the initial install of the pkg was good. however, i've got a few questions here. after the install, i run `/usr/local/mysql/scripts/mysql_install_db --user=mysql` to generate the db's and tables. it looks like a clean install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pupp
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris: clnt_create fails on solaris x86

Hi, I am facing an issue with Solaris x86 machine Machine Details: uname -a SunOS sol10-64 5.10 Generic_137138-09 i86pc i386 i86pc .............................. Description: I am trying to register a programm with proramm ID 300760 with version number 1, and tryint to create a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DivakarAdari
0 Replies
dbadm_selinux(8)					dbadm SELinux Policy documentation					  dbadm_selinux(8)

NAME
dbadm_r - Database administrator role. - Security Enhanced Linux Policy DESCRIPTION
SELinux supports Roles Based Access Control (RBAC), some Linux roles are login roles, while other roles need to be transition into. Note: Examples in this man page will use the staff_u SELinux user. Non login roles are usually used for administrative tasks. For example, tasks that require root privileges. Roles control which types a user can run processes with. Roles often have default types assigned to them. The default type for the dbadm_r role is dbadm_t. The newrole program to transition directly to this role. newrole -r dbadm_r -t dbadm_t sudo is the preferred method to do transition from one role to another. You setup sudo to transition to dbadm_r by adding a similar line to the /etc/sudoers file. USERNAME ALL=(ALL) ROLE=dbadm_r TYPE=dbadm_t COMMAND sudo will run COMMAND as staff_u:dbadm_r:dbadm_t:LEVEL When using a a non login role, you need to setup SELinux so that your SELinux user can reach dbadm_r role. Execute the following to see all of the assigned SELinux roles: semanage user -l You need to add dbadm_r to the staff_u user. You could setup the staff_u user to be able to use the dbadm_r role with a command like: $ semanage user -m -R 'staff_r system_r dbadm_r' staff_u BOOLEANS
SELinux policy is customizable based on least access required. dbadm policy is extremely flexible and has several booleans that allow you to manipulate the policy and run dbadm with the tightest access possible. If you want to determine whether dbadm can manage generic user files, you must turn on the dbadm_manage_user_files boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P dbadm_manage_user_files 1 If you want to determine whether dbadm can read generic user files, you must turn on the dbadm_read_user_files boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P dbadm_read_user_files 1 If you want to allow users to resolve user passwd entries directly from ldap rather then using a sssd server, you must turn on the authlo- gin_nsswitch_use_ldap boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P authlogin_nsswitch_use_ldap 1 If you want to deny user domains applications to map a memory region as both executable and writable, this is dangerous and the executable should be reported in bugzilla, you must turn on the deny_execmem boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P deny_execmem 1 If you want to deny any process from ptracing or debugging any other processes, you must turn on the deny_ptrace boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P deny_ptrace 1 If you want to allow all domains to use other domains file descriptors, you must turn on the domain_fd_use boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P domain_fd_use 1 If you want to allow all domains to have the kernel load modules, you must turn on the domain_kernel_load_modules boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P domain_kernel_load_modules 1 If you want to allow all domains to execute in fips_mode, you must turn on the fips_mode boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P fips_mode 1 If you want to enable reading of urandom for all domains, you must turn on the global_ssp boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P global_ssp 1 If you want to allow confined applications to run with kerberos, you must turn on the kerberos_enabled boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P kerberos_enabled 1 If you want to allow logging in and using the system from /dev/console, you must turn on the login_console_enabled boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P login_console_enabled 1 If you want to allow system to run with NIS, you must turn on the nis_enabled boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P nis_enabled 1 If you want to allow confined applications to use nscd shared memory, you must turn on the nscd_use_shm boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P nscd_use_shm 1 If you want to allow database admins to execute DML statement, you must turn on the postgresql_selinux_unconfined_dbadm boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P postgresql_selinux_unconfined_dbadm 1 If you want to disallow programs, such as newrole, from transitioning to administrative user domains, you must turn on the secure_mode boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P secure_mode 1 If you want to allow unconfined executables to make their stack executable. This should never, ever be necessary. Probably indicates a badly coded executable, but could indicate an attack. This executable should be reported in bugzilla, you must turn on the selin- uxuser_execstack boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P selinuxuser_execstack 1 If you want to allow ssh logins as sysadm_r:sysadm_t, you must turn on the ssh_sysadm_login boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P ssh_sysadm_login 1 If you want to support NFS home directories, you must turn on the use_nfs_home_dirs boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P use_nfs_home_dirs 1 If you want to support SAMBA home directories, you must turn on the use_samba_home_dirs boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P use_samba_home_dirs 1 If you want to allow the graphical login program to login directly as sysadm_r:sysadm_t, you must turn on the xdm_sysadm_login boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P xdm_sysadm_login 1 MANAGED FILES
The SELinux process type dbadm_t can manage files labeled with the following file types. The paths listed are the default paths for these file types. Note the processes UID still need to have DAC permissions. mysqld_db_t /var/lib/mysql(/.*)? mysqld_etc_t /etc/mysql(/.*)? /etc/my.cnf mysqld_home_t /root/.my.cnf /home/[^/]*/.my.cnf mysqld_log_t /var/log/mysql.* /var/log/mariadb(/.*)? mysqld_tmp_t mysqld_unit_file_t /usr/lib/systemd/system/mysqld.* /usr/lib/systemd/system/mariadb.* mysqld_var_run_t /var/run/mysqld(/.*)? /var/run/mariadb(/.*)? /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock postgresql_db_t /var/lib/pgsql(/.*)? /var/lib/sepgsql(/.*)? /var/lib/postgres(ql)?(/.*)? /usr/share/jonas/pgsql(/.*)? /usr/lib/pgsql/test/regress(/.*)? postgresql_etc_t /etc/postgresql(/.*)? /etc/sysconfig/pgsql(/.*)? postgresql_log_t /var/lib/pgsql/.*.log /var/log/rhdb/rhdb(/.*)? /var/log/postgresql(/.*)? /var/log/postgres.log.* /var/lib/pgsql/logfile(/.*)? /var/log/sepostgresql.log.* /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_log(/.*)? /var/lib/sepgsql/pgstartup.log postgresql_tmp_t postgresql_var_run_t /var/run/postgresql(/.*)? systemd_passwd_var_run_t /var/run/systemd/ask-password(/.*)? /var/run/systemd/ask-password-block(/.*)? user_home_t /home/[^/]*/.+ user_tmp_t /var/run/user(/.*)? /tmp/hsperfdata_root /var/tmp/hsperfdata_root /tmp/gconfd-.* COMMANDS
semanage fcontext can also be used to manipulate default file context mappings. semanage permissive can also be used to manipulate whether or not a process type is permissive. semanage module can also be used to enable/disable/install/remove policy modules. semanage boolean can also be used to manipulate the booleans system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was auto-generated using sepolicy manpage . SEE ALSO
selinux(8), dbadm(8), semanage(8), restorecon(8), chcon(1), sepolicy(8) , setsebool(8), dbadm_sudo_selinux(8), dbadm_sudo_selinux(8) mgrepl@redhat.com dbadm dbadm_selinux(8)