Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sending attachments using email through shell script Post 97219 by mahendramahendr on Friday 27th of January 2006 08:28:47 AM
Old 01-27-2006
It looks strange...

I have another solution for this, if you are facing the problem only when you save and open from you disk, then I would advice you to name the attachment file as test.rtf instead of test.txt, so that it would open in wordpad or msword directly, and they both support unix new line character...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Email sending through a shell script

Hi everyone, I have a shell script that I use to send some emails with attachments. Based on the attachment file that is being sent, I choose the recipient. My file_list.txt looks like this CAJ.txt;sm@email.com KXLD.txt;jc@email.com I do a grep on this file to look for the file name and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: memonks
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending email attachments

Hello, I've search the forum, but I cannot find an answer to my specific question. I'm trying to send some files to my professor. Upon his request, I used the following: tar -cvf vh.tar vh_part1.c vh_part2.c vh_part3.c vh_part4.c vh_sample_run15.txt uuencode vh.tar vh.tar > proj1 mail... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venush
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a shell script in cron...email not sending - help??

I am pretty new to Unix shell scripting, but wondered if anyone could help (in layman's terms if possible!!) :) I have a shell script which ultimately sends an alert to an email address if part of a batch of programs fails. Here's the script that sends the email: Script: 6check.csh... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjhorwood
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for sending automatic email to personal mail id

hi guys, I need a shell script to send mail automatically to my personal mail id like xxxx@hotmail.com but while experimenting with "mail" command I faced following problems. cat text1.txt | mail -s 'test mail' xxxx@hotmail.com command successfully executed but while checking for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

Sending Unix files as attachments in an email

Hi, I am executing the following command in order to send a file as an attachment: mailx -s "Subject" emailID@xyz.com < Testfile.txt Instead of attaching the file Testfile.txt, it is writing the contents of the file in the email message body. Please advise on how I can send the file as an... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangharsh
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending email from shell script

Hi, I need to send email from a shell script. i echoed some information to a file and i am doing cat command in the email syntax thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocky1954
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email Attachments in shell script

Hi Fellas, I have a script that queries a sybase DB through isql and appends to a file, say file.csv I want to use the mail command in the shell script to email the file to me. i tried the following command but it doesn't work. can any one suggest whats wrong here. Note that i need the file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irishboy24
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending an email with a body and attachments using uuencode

Hi, Im having a bit of an issue with using the uuencode command and sending out an email. My aim is to send an email out which has a body and also have attachments. Currently I can either get one or the other and not both on the same email. uuencode... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 02JayJay02
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx sending attachments to personal email, but not SharePoint?

Hello! I am writing a KornShell script that (in addition to other things) sends a file from a Unix directory to a SharePoint directory. However when executing the script there is no sign of the file on the SharePoint. I have tested the script using my personal email as the destination and the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattkoz
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending email in shell script

Can anyone help me out how to send the email without the word success while sending to the recipient. echo "success" | mailx -s "webshell instance has been started noiw" implementation@tkcl.com (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
8 Replies
setlabel(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 					      setlabel(3C)

NAME
setlabel - define the label for pfmt() and lfmt() SYNOPSIS
#include <pfmt..h> int setlabel(const char *label); DESCRIPTION
The setlabel() function defines the label for messages produced in standard format by subsequent calls to lfmt(3C) and pfmt(3C). The label argument is a character string no more than 25 characters in length. No label is defined before setlabel() is called. The label should be set once at the beginning of a utility and remain constant. A null pointer or an empty string passed as argument will reset the definition of the label. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, setlabel() returns 0; otherwise, it returns a non-zero value. EXAMPLES
The following code (without previous call to setlabel()): pfmt(stderr, MM_ERROR, "test:2:Cannot open file "); setlabel("UX:test"); pfmt(stderr, MM_ERROR, "test:2:Cannot open file "); will produce the following output: ERROR: Cannot open file UX:test: ERROR: Cannot open file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
getopt(3C), lfmt(3C), pfmt(3C), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 29 Dec 1996 setlabel(3C)