Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Null metacharacter?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Null metacharacter? Post 97054 by kidcharles on Wednesday 25th of January 2006 02:56:44 PM
Old 01-25-2006
Sure, I thought about that, but that would match *.jpig, *.jpog, *.jpanythingyouwantg, etc. I'm looking for a more exact expression. Obviously your suggestion would work 99.999999% of the time though. I think an even better one would be *.[jJ][pP]?[gG] since ? restricts the wildcard to a single character, but still not quite what I'm looking for.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare null with non-null

I've got a very peculiar situation. I'm trying to find out if we can compare null fields with non-null. I've output csv files from SQL and Oracle. I need to compare each field from the files, and then find out any differences. The files usualy have over 500 fields, and send the resule to DBA.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

read metacharacter [ and ]

i have command sed sed '/^*$/ d' which don't recognize the how can i solve it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamel.seg
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use scp with metacharacter

hi i have a file name : file^name that i need to scp to different machine without changing the name scp file^name user@machine/file^name its throwing the error cant use ^name(Something like this) any solution i already tried differnt combinations like "user@machine/file^name"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: narang.mohit
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert string 'NULL' where there is a null value

I have an input file having 7 fields delimited by , eg : 1,ABC,hg,1,2,34,3 2,hj,YU,2,3,4, 3,JU,kl,4,5,7, 4,JK,KJ,3,56,4,5 The seventh field here in some lines is empty, whereas the other lines there is a value. How do I insert string NULL at this location (7th loc) for these lines where... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: zilch
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep'ing a variable that contains a metacharacter ($) with a while loop

This is driving me crazy, and I'm hoping someone can help me out with this. I'm trying to do a simple while loop to go through a log file. I'm pulling out all of the lines with a specific log line, getting an ID from that line, and once I have a list of IDs I want to loop back through the log and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/dev/null 2>&1 Versus /dev/null 2>1

How are these two different? They both prevent output and error from being displayed. I don't see the use of the "&" echo "hello" > /dev/null 2>&1 echo "hello" > /dev/null 2>1 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove metacharacter while using wget command

Hi All, While using below command I am getting some unusual character in Release.txt file.How could I remove or stop them to go into Release.txt file wget -q http://m0010v.prod.wspan.com/nggfmonatl/Default.aspx cat Default.aspx|egrep -in "EFS|HOTFIX" | awk -F/ '{print $(NF-1)}'|cut -d... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting standard out to /dev/null goes to file "/dev/null" instead

I apologize if this question has been answered else where or is too elementary. I ran across a KSH script (long unimportant story) that does this: if ; then CAS_SRC_LOG="/var/log/cas_src.log 2>&1" else CAS_SRC_LOG="/dev/null 2>&1" fithen does this: /usr/bin/echo "heartbeat:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbmorrisonjr
5 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

metacharacter

how to list all filenames consisting of two lower case letters using metacharacters? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rathankumar
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find command with Metacharacter (*) Should match exact filename

Hi, Below is list of files in my directory. -rw-rw-r--. 1 Roots Roots 0 Dec 26 06:58 12345_kms_report.csv -rw-rw-r--. 1 Roots Roots 0 Dec 26 06:59 12346_kms_report.csv -rw-rw-r--. 1 Roots Roots 0 Dec 26 06:59 12347_kms_report.csv -rw-rw-r--. 1 Roots Roots 0 Dec 26 06:59... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balraj
2 Replies
jpeg(n) 						      JPEG image manipulation							   jpeg(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
jpeg - JPEG querying and manipulation of meta data SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require jpeg ?0.3.3? ::jpeg::isJPEG file ::jpeg::imageInfo file ::jpeg::dimensions file ::jpeg::getThumbnail file ::jpeg::getExif file ?section? ::jpeg::formatExif keys ::jpeg::exifKeys ::jpeg::removeExif file ::jpeg::stripJPEG file ::jpeg::getComments file ::jpeg::addComment file text... ::jpeg::removeComments file ::jpeg::replaceComment file text ::jpeg::debug file ::jpeg::markers channel _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides commands to query and modify JPEG images. JPEG stands for Joint Photography Experts Group and is a standard for the lossy compression of photographical images. It is specified at LINK_HERE. COMMANDS
::jpeg::isJPEG file Returns a boolean value indicating if file is a JPEG image. ::jpeg::imageInfo file Returns a dictionary with keys version, units, xdensity, ydensity, xthumb, and ythumb. The values are the associated properties of the JPEG image in file. Throws an error if file is not a JPEG image. ::jpeg::dimensions file Returns the dimensions of the JPEG file as a list of the horizontal and vertical pixel count. Throws an error if file is not a JPEG image. ::jpeg::getThumbnail file This procedure will return the binary thumbnail image data, if a JPEG thumbnail is included in file, and the empty string otherwise. Note that it is possible to include thumbnails in formats other than JPEG although that is not common. The command finds thumbnails that are encoded in either the JFXX or EXIF segments of the JPEG information. If both are present the EXIF thumbnail will take precedence. Throws an error if file is not a JPEG image. set fh [open thumbnail.jpg w+] puts -nonewline $fh [::jpeg::getThumbnail photo.jpg] close $fh ::jpeg::getExif file ?section? section must be one of main or thumbnail. The default is main. Returns a dictionary containing the EXIF information for the speci- fied section. For example: set exif { Make Canon Model {Canon DIGITAL IXUS} DateTime {2001:06:09 15:17:32} } Throws an error if file is not a JPEG image. ::jpeg::formatExif keys Takes a list of key-value pairs as returned by getExif and formats many of the values into a more human readable form. As few as one key-value may be passed in, the entire exif is not required. foreach {key val} [::jpeg::formatExif [::jpeg::getExif photo.jpg]] { puts "$key: $val" } array set exif [::jpeg::getExif photo.jpg] puts "max f-stop: [::jpeg::formatExif [list MaxAperture $exif(MaxAperture)]] ::jpeg::exifKeys Returns a list of the EXIF keys which are currently understood. There may be keys present in getExif data that are not understood. Those keys will appear in a 4 digit hexadecimal format. ::jpeg::removeExif file Removes the Exif data segment from the specified file and replaces it with a standard JFIF segment. Throws an error if file is not a JPEG image. ::jpeg::stripJPEG file Removes all metadata from the JPEG file leaving only the image. This includes comments, EXIF segments, JFXX segments, and applica- tion specific segments. Throws an error if file is not a JPEG image. ::jpeg::getComments file Returns a list containing all the JPEG comments found in the file. Throws an error if file is not a valid JPEG image. ::jpeg::addComment file text... Adds one or more plain text comments to the JPEG image in file. Throws an error if file is not a valid JPEG image. ::jpeg::removeComments file Removes all comments from the file specified. Throws an error if file is not a valid JPEG image. ::jpeg::replaceComment file text Replaces the first comment in the file with the new text. This is merely a shortcut for ::jpeg::removeComments and ::jpeg::addCom- ment Throws an error if file is not a valid JPEG image. ::jpeg::debug file Prints everything we know about the given file in a nice format. ::jpeg::markers channel This is an internal helper command, we document it for use by advanced users of the package. The argument channel is an open file handle positioned at the start of the first marker (usually 2 bytes). The command returns a list with one element for each JFIF marker found in the file. Each element consists of a list of the marker name, its offset in the file, and its length. The offset points to the beginning of the sections data, not the marker itself. The length is the length of the data from the offset listed to the start of the next marker. LIMITATIONS
can only work with files cant write exif data gps exif data not parsed makernote data not yet implemented BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category jpeg of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
comment, exif, image, jfif, jpeg, thumbnail COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004-2005, Code: Aaron Faupell <afaupell@users.sourceforge.net> Copyright (c) 2007, Code: Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> Copyright (c) 2004-2007, Doc: Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> jpeg 0.3.3 jpeg(n)