Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Format the output of file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Format the output of file Post 96851 by mahendramahendr on Tuesday 24th of January 2006 08:42:23 AM
Old 01-24-2006
$cat test.log | paste - - | tr "/" " " | cut -d" " -f7,8,10
Devel Sun 19
Devel Linus 20
9 Sun 10
8 Sun 19

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output format - comparison with I/p file

Hi, I have a file which contains more than 1 lakh records like following: a. name, id, city, state, country, phone (Expected I/P file format) name, id, city,, state, country, phone (Current I/P file format ) I want to achieve following tasks, a, Remove the extra comma in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: velappangs
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

format the output from a file

hi , i need to format the output which is availble in a file file output is Following are the Process_Scheduler Domains running in the server Ram-pc VPORCL Following are the Application Server domains running in the server Ram-pc VPORCL01 VPORCL02 these value VPORCL,VPORCL01...... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: becksram123
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

format file output

Hi, I am trying to put a script together that allows for a command to be executed and then the output goes to a .html file. I am running the script on HPUX. I run: /var/fl/user/lmutil lmstat -a -c license_lic.dat > /web/results.html This saves the command to a .html file but the text is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zerbitated
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

format output in csv file

I am sending the output of a file to .csv file. The output should look like this: Total Customers Processed:,8 Total Customers Skipped:,0 Total Customers Added:,8 Total Customers Changed:,0 Total Policies Deleted:,0 Total Policies Failed:,0 total:,8 Now i want this output in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prashant Jain
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change file output format

I have a file which has following contents usmtnz-dinfsi19 62 61 18400 18800 99.7 usmtnz-dinfsi19 62 61 18400 18800 99.7 i want the o/p to be like date (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic output file generation using a input text file with predefined output format

Hi, I have two files , one file with data file with attributes that need to be sent to another file to generate a predefined format. Example: File.txt AP|{SSHA}VEEg42CNCghUnGhCVg== APVG3|{SSHA}XK|"password" AP3|{SSHA}XK|"This is test" .... etc --------- test.sh has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hudson03051nh
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me to command to output file format.

Dear Master. Help me to command to out put. Ex log. "<?xml version=""1.0"" encoding=""UTF-10"" ?><anova-test-bom> <txid>17251032659</txid> <authentication> <user>admin</user> <password>Amrduoi</password> </authentication> <destination> <msisdn>1111111</msisdn> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

format a file to this output

hi i need some help over here.. please help i have a log file as per below --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- JOB START DATE : 20110510204513 JOB ID : us2cap3ds9... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sitaldip
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match list of strings in File A and compare with File B, C and write to a output file in CSV format

Hi Friends, I'm a great fan of this forum... it has helped me tone my skills in shell scripting. I have a challenge here, which I'm sure you guys would help me in achieving... File A has a list of job ids and I need to compare this with the File B (*.log) and File C (extend *.log) and copy... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate Excel file or to SQL output data to Excel format/tabular format

Hi , i am generating some data by firing sql query with connecting to the database by my solaris box. The below one should be the header line of my excel ,here its coming in separate row. TO_CHAR(C. CURR_EMP_NO ---------- --------------- LST_NM... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dani1234
6 Replies
DATE(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   DATE(1)

NAME
date - print or set the date and time SYNOPSIS
date [-qsu] [[MMDDYY]hhmm[ss]] [+format] OPTIONS
-q Read the date from stdin -s Set the time (implicit for -q or a date string) -u Print the date as GMT -t Use this number of seconds instead of current time EXAMPLES
date # Print the date and time date 0221921610 # Set date to Feb 21, 1992 at 4:10 p.m. DESCRIPTION
With the -q flag or a numeric argument, date sets the GMT time and date. MMDDYY refers to the month, day, and year; hhmmss refers to the hour, minute and second. Each of the six fields must be exactly two digits, no more and no less. date always display the date and time, with the default format for the system. The -u flag request GMT time instead of local time. A format may be specified with a + followed by a printf-like string with the following options: %% % character %A Name of the day %B Name of the month %D mm/dd/yy %H Decimal hour on 2 digits %I Decimal hour modulo 12 on 2 digits %M Decimal minute on 2 digits %S Decimal seconds on 2 digits %T HH:MM:SS %U Decimal week number, Sunday being first day of week %W Decimal week number, Monday being first day of week %X Same as %T %Y Decimal year on 4 digits %Z Time Zone (if any) %a Abbreviated name of the day %b Abbreviated name of the month %c Appropriate date & time (default format) %d Decimal day of the month on 2 digits %e Same as %d, but a space replaces leading 0 %h Same as %b %j Decimal dey of the year on 3 digits %m Decimal month on 2 digits %n Newline character %p AM or PM %r 12-hour clock time with AM/PM %s Number of seconds since the epoch %t Tab character %w Decimal day of the week (0=Sunday) %x Same as %D %y Decimal year on 2 digits SEE ALSO
time(2), ctime(3), readclock(8). DATE(1)