Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers mac 10.4>terminal>linux remote server>ssh login accepted>session closed-why? Post 96566 by xprankard on Saturday 21st of January 2006 09:09:58 AM
Old 01-21-2006
Question mac 10.4>terminal>linux remote server>ssh login accepted>session closed-why?

mac 10.4>terminal>linux remote server>ssh login accepted>session closed-why?

AHHHH!!

I have been connecting to the server with the line: ssh userid@website.com

The remote server accepts my password; logs me in with ssh; posts a lovely welcome message AND closes the session. Is this a "term setting" issue?

Can I change this from my computer? The que at my web host requires a long wait. The techs seem to limit their answers to "yes, no or I'll pass it on to administrator"

Thanks

xp

confused:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to reconnect to a disconnected remote ssh session

hi all How to reconnect to a disconnected remote ssh session on solaris 10 is there any way (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote Login in to another Terminal

hi all , i need the command for remote login in to another terminal, came accross by using "tty" command. please suggest and help me out in this. Regrds Sridhar. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sridhar_dev
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

What settings are required for login to CVS using Terminal in Mac OS X?

Hi All, I want to login to CVS using terminal. I am executing the following command in the terminal :- export CVSROOT=: pserver:ags_rd@istcvs.corp.apple.com:/istcvs/CVSHOME cvs login But i get the following error : Afreens-iMac:buildTest Afreen$ export CVSROOT=:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Afreen
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Unable to SSH into machine - ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host

For a few days now I have been experiencing issues when trying to SSH into 1 of my machine. I get the following output when running 'ssh -vvv': server1:/home/mymadq> ssh -l root -vvv server2 OpenSSH_3.9p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7a Feb 19 2003 debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaapar
3 Replies

5. Solaris

how to login with ssh to remote system with out applying the remote root/usr password

how to login with ssh to remote system with out applying the remote root/user password with rlogin we can ujse .rhosts file but with ssh howits possible plz guide (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
2 Replies

6. AIX

HMC login - Command line and terminal session

Hi Admins, Just a small question - Can we have multiple session for single user on HMC. e.g. Can I have a terminal session (via IE ) and command line (ssh) at same time ?? I am not sure whether it will impact HMC system or not. So want to make sure. let me know folks. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Commands on a Remote Linux Server over SSH

Hello, I'm trying to create a ksh script to ssh to a remote server, enter the password and a couple commands. For security reasons I have changed the login, password and ip in my example. #!/bin/ksh ssh -t -t username@12.5.5.3 << EOF password cd bin pwd EOF When I run it. It... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting SSH Output From Remote to Local Session?

Hi everyone, after about 2 days of scratching my head on this one, I'm finally ready to punt this and ask for some actual help. Here's the situation. We have 1 server, that runs multiple VM's. To gain access to those VM's we ssh from host01 to the other vm hosts. For example when we first log... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script on remote server kills my login session

Hi there, I'm trying to run a script remotely on a server in a particular directory named after hostname which already exists, my login session gets killed as soon as I run the below command. Not sure what is wrong, is there a better way to do it ? Note: I can also use nohup command to run... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbak
14 Replies

10. AIX

Need to remote control client's ssh session

Is there a way that I can remotely control a user's ssh session so I can see what they are doing and walk them through the problem they are having on my AIX based application? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: De@nneG
2 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id -- copy public keys to a remote host SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-lv] [-i keyfile] [-o option] [-p port] [user@]hostname DESCRIPTION
The ssh-copy-id utility copies public keys to a remote host's ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file (creating the file and directory, if required). The following options are available: -i file Copy the public key contained in file. This option can be specified multiple times and can be combined with the -l option. If a private key is specified and a public key is found then the public key will be used. -l Copy the keys currently held by ssh-agent(1). This is the default if the -i option was not specified. -o ssh-option Pass this option directly to ssh(1). This option can be specified multiple times. -p port Connect to the specified port on the remote host instead of the default. -v Pass -v to ssh(1). The remaining arguments are a list of remote hosts to connect to, each one optionally qualified by a user name. EXIT STATUS
The ssh-copy-id utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
To send a specific key to multiple hosts: $ ssh-copy-id -i /path/to/keyfile.pub user@host1 user@host2 user@host3 HISTORY
The ssh-copy-id utility was written by Eitan Adler <eadler@FreeBSD.org> as a drop-in replacement for an existing utility included with OpenSSH. BSD
February 28, 2014 BSD