Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Capture IP Adress
Operating Systems AIX Capture IP Adress Post 96481 by pascalbout on Friday 20th of January 2006 09:25:56 AM
Old 01-20-2006
Capture IP Adress

hello

I need for a script to capture the ip address from the connected user.
I have 5 logical partitions.
With "who", i have the ip adress, but only for 2 servers.
Do you know another command to know the ip address of connected clients ?

thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MAC-Adress

Hello I need to show my MAC-Adress on a Unix System, is there someone that know how? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkochr
2 Replies

2. Solaris

IP-Adress

Hello together how can I find a ipadress from a login into remote system console? Thanks a lot Urs (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MuellerUrs
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Change IP Adress

I want change my IP address and hostname in my machine by use the console. Can any one tell me how can I execute that by command ? Thanks & Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magasem
1 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Obtain Mac Adress in crontab

hello, I need to obtain the Mac Adress and write him in a file. I'm trying to do this with a command in crontab, with ifconfig, but it's only possible do this if i disabled the password for run the command, but than i have security problems. I'm searching for a script (.sh) that allows me to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pedro Almeida
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find the IP adress in the log file

Hi, I need to find out the repeated IP address from the apache log file from my box. I did try to come out with the script, but I could not grep out the repeated Ip Address from the error_logs and need to redirect to a file. Can you guys please help me out of this problem. Thanks in... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
9 Replies

6. IP Networking

Changing the Ip adress permanently

well i'm trying to change the ip adress on an old alphaserver runing tru64 4.0F using the ifconfig hme0 IP_ADDRESS mask MASK broadcast BROADCAST and when i check it using ifconfig -a it shows the new ip and all is well but when the server is rebooted it reverts back to the old ip (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: randUSR()
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to get an IP adress from a file

This is probably a real n00b question but i`m not able to figure it out. I have a folder of configuration files that contain IP-adresses. The line i`m interested in looks like this: IP_ADDRESS="123.123.123.1123" Some have muliple ip adresses, so the line will look like : ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DaneV
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort file with email adress

Hi All, I have a file which is "|" pipe delimited. The file has 3 fields. the last field contains email ids which has different host names. I want to sort the file based on host name, which is in 3rd filed and needs to create a file for each host. For example, if out of 1000 records, 10... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ace_friends22
6 Replies

9. IP Networking

adress traffic to tap0

Hello, I have a problem of routing traffic on two virtual interfaces I have created on my machine (CentOs6) By using tunctl I created two virtual interfaces tap1 and tap2 let s imagine I gave them two different address tap1: 10.1.1.1 net 255.255.255.0 tap2: 10.1.2.1 net 255.255.255.0 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicandro
0 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Postfix - If To: address is $x. Change From: adress to $y

Hello, hopefully somebody can give me a clue on how to do this. Right now I have emails coming from company1-alert@company1.com to distribution@ourcompany.com. I want to set up something in Postfix so that if the email is going to distribution@ourcompany.com, the From: address is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TayKimchi
2 Replies
XRX(1)							      General Commands Manual							    XRX(1)

NAME
XRX - helper program SYNOPSIS
xrx [-toolkitoption...] filename DESCRIPTION
The helper program may be used with any Web browser to interpret documents in the RX MIME type format and start remote applications. xrx reads in the RX document specified by its filename, from which it gets the list of services the application wants to use. Based on this information, xrx sets the various requested services, including creating authorization keys if your X server supports the SECURITY exten- sion. It then passes the relevant data, such as the X display name, to the application through an HTTP GET request of the associated CGI script. The Web server then executes the CGI script to start the application. The client runs on the web server host connected to your X server. INSTALLATION
You need to configure your web browser to use xrx for RX documents. Generally the following line in your $HOME/.mailcap is enough: application/x-rx; xrx %s However, you may need to refer to your web browser's documentation for exact instructions on configuring helper applications. Once correctly configured, your browser will activate the helper program whenever you retrieve any document of the MIME type application/x- rx. OPTIONS
The xrx helper program accepts all of the standard X Toolkit command line options such as: This option specifies a resource string to be used. There may be several instances of this option on the command line. RESOURCES
The application class name of the xrx program is Xrx and it understands the following application resource names and classes: Specifies whether an X server firewall proxy (see xfwp) is running and should be used. Default is ``False.'' The web servers for which the X server firewall proxy should not be used (only relevant when xrxHasFirewallProxy is ``True''). Its value is a comma separated list of mask/value pairs to be used to filter internal web servers, based on their address. The mask part specifies which segments of the address are to be considered and the value part specifies what the result should match. For instance the following list: 255.255.255.0/198.112.45.0, 255.255.255.0/198.112.46.0 matches the address sets: 198.112.45.* and 198.112.46.*. More precisely, the test is (address & mask) == value. The web servers for which LBX should not be used. The resource value is a list of address mask/value pairs, as previously described. The web servers from which remote applications should be run as trusted clients. The default is to run remote applications as untrusted clients. The resource value is a list of address mask/value pairs, as previously described. ENVIRONMENT
The xrx helper program uses the standard X environment variables such as ``DISPLAY'' to get the default X server host and display number. If the RX document requests X-UI-LBX service and the default X server does not advertise the LBX extension, xrx will look for the environ- ment variable ``XREALDISPLAY'' to get a second address for your X server and look for the LBX extension there. When running your browser through lbxproxy you will need to set XREALDISPLAY to the actual address of your server if you wish remote applications to be able to use LBX across the Internet. If the RX document requests XPRINT service, xrx looks for the variable ``XPRINTER'' to get the printer name and X Print server address to use. If the server address is not specified as part of XPRINTER, xrx uses the first one specified through the variable ``XPSERVERLIST'' when it is set. When it is not xrx then tries to use the video server as the print server. If the printer name is not specified via XPRINTER, xrx looks for it in the variables ``PDPRINTER'', then ``LPDEST'', and finally ``PRINTER'' If you are using a firewall proxy, xrx will look for ``PROXY_MANAGER'' to get the address of your proxy manager (see proxymngr). When not specified it will use ":6500" as the default. KNOWN BUG
When an authorization key is created for a remote application to use the X Print service, the helper program has to create the key with an infinite timeout since nobody knows when the application will actually connect to the X Print server. Therefore, in this case, the helper program stays around to revoke the key when the application goes away (that is when its video key expires). However, if the helper program dies unexpectedly the print authorization key will never get revoked. SEE ALSO
lbxproxy (1), The RX Document specification AUTHOR
Arnaud Le Hors, X Consortium XRX(1)