Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Segmentation Fault (core dumped) Post 96451 by bankpro on Friday 20th of January 2006 05:53:20 AM
Old 01-20-2006
Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

what r the situations to receive an error msg like the one below

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Hello To All! Now anfd then I receive a message on my console: Segmentation fault (core dumped) What does it mean? Or more precisely what are the implications? :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ivo
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Memory Fault - Core Dumped

I use SCO UNIX 5.07 on a Compaq Proliant Machine. Each time I press the Escape or Delete key while running a program or issuing a FoxBase+ command from the dot prompt, I receive the error message: "Memory Fault - Core Dumped" and the screen locks up immediately. I would appreciate if necessary... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bayuz
0 Replies

3. Solaris

i am getting Segmentation Fault (core dumped) on solaris, but when i run the same program with same input on linux it runs successfully. How can i trace the fault in program on solaris. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: junaid.nehvi
6 Replies

4. Solaris

segmentation fault core dumped

i am getting segmentation fault (core dumped) i tried following things but couldn't understand what is wrong with my prog and where the problem is.... i have only adb debugger available on solaris.... so plz help bash-3.00$ pstack core core 'core' of 765: ./mod_generalised_tapinread... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: junaid.nehvi
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Hi All, I am getting "Segmentation fault (core dumped)" error in the runtime. I am new this please can you tell me why is that i am getting this error and I am not sure of my compilation : gcc -c avc_test.c gcc -c md5.c gcc avc_test.o md5.o -shared -Llibcoreavc_sdk.so -o proj ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fido.genial
1 Replies

6. Programming

getting Segmentation Fault (core dumped) error but Program runs fine.

i am executing following program int main() { char str; FILE * fp; int i=0; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhavesh.sapra
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Segmentation Fault/ core dumped in metadb

When I was trying to mirror in my v880 server after OS up gradation from 8 to 10 metadb -afc 3 /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s7 I got an error metadb: Segmentation Fault Segmentation Fault (core dumped) Then I logged a case to Oracle/sun team they suggest "Please could you try metadb -ac 3... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: taherahmed
0 Replies

8. Programming

C: Memory Fault (core dumped)

When I run programm show this message: Memory Fault (core dumped) Does anyone can help me and tell me what is wrong? please #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <process.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/wait.h> int main(int argc, char *argv) { ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ebasse2
3 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Tilda Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Can anyone tell me why I keep getting a Segmentation fault when I try to run tilda? $ tilda Segmentation fault (core dumped) It seemed to run after I deleted my tilda directory like this thread said to do. Unfortunately it wouldn't let me set my keybinding with anything I tried. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find a string across line break (because of "segmentation fault core dumped")

Hi, thanks to a precedent post, and thanks to the reply of derekludwig of the forum, I have convert my first awk command as : test.txt is : AAAAAGHIJKLAjKMEFJKLjklABCDJkLEFGHIJKL awk -f findstring.awk test.txt > textreturn.txtfindstring.awk is : BEGIN{ SLENGTH = 3 } { ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thewizarde6
3 Replies
GCORE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  GCORE(1)

NAME
gcore - get core image of running process SYNOPSIS
gcore [-s][-c core] pid DESCRIPTION
gcore creates a core image of each specified process, suitable for use with adb(1). By default the core image is written to the file <pid>.core. The options are: -c Write the core file to the specified file instead of <pid>.core. -s Stop the process while creating the core image and resume it when done. This makes sure that the core dump will be in a consistent state. The process is resumed even if it was already stopped. Of course, you can obtain the same result by manually stopping the process with kill(1). The core image name was changed from core.<pid> to <pid>.core to prevent matching names like core.h and core.c when using programs such as find(1). FILES
<process-id>.core The core image. BUGS
If gcore encounters an error while creating the core image and the -s option was used the process will remain stopped. Swapped out processes and system processes (the swapper) may not be gcore'd. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution April 15, 1994 GCORE(1)