Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How do I find information about the hardware? Post 9615 by Fwurm on Wednesday 31st of October 2001 02:16:18 AM
Old 10-31-2001
Hello

I issued dmesg at the console but the command is not found, unfortunately.

Does no one knows about SCO-Unix? Smilie

Sincerly
Marcus

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help me find out system information

I'm just getting started with unix and would like to know 1) how to tell how big the harddrive is 2) how to tell if there are multiple harddrive installed on the machine 3) a relitavely easy way to tell what programs are installed on the machine. I'm using Sun OS 5.6 Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ViperD
3 Replies

2. Programming

Hardware information

How would I write a program in C that prints out the hardware the current computer has? And what about information about it? Thank you for your time. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cubics
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to find Hardware model in Solaris

Hi, I need a command to find the Hardware Model in Solaris 8,9,10,11. The command which I am using right now is: /usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/prtdiag The problem is in this output:- System Configuration: Sun Microsystems sun4u Netra T1 200 (UltraSPARC-IIe 500MHz) Here I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vineetd
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find information about logins

Hi, all I want to make a bash script that print all users from a system using last command. I want to print the number of user's login in the format (descending order): 5 user1 address1 4 user2 address2 I am trying the command last | awk '{print $1 " " $3}' | sort | uniq ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: peter20
9 Replies

5. Solaris

Need some help to find out hardware details

hi all i am looking for some command or utility to find out hard ware details. 1. How should i know whether my network adapter is a fibre card or RJ25 (upd) card (ethtool in linux) 2. How to check physical connectivity. ("mii-tool eth0" in linux) 3. How to find pci devices with exact details.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingston
1 Replies

6. Solaris

All Hardware information in Ok Boot Prompt

Can anyone tell me the command to check all the hardware information in Ok boot Prompt. Like the hard disk space memory size ..... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbi8321
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script to find hardware issue

hii everyone, i am handling data center,so most of the time i have to check hardware issue.So i came to the conclusion that try something automatic. so the thing is that when any hardware issue come to the server it send a automatic mail to my mail server like hotmail.com And i will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vipinkumarr89
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where to find Kernel development Information

Hi, I would like to do some research on the Linux kernel. Where can I find information about the current kernel development, who is working on the kernel. I looked up the change log on the kernels main page, but that doesn't help either. My goal is to find out where the focus of the current... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Learn4Life
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux Command To Find the System Configuration And Hardware Information

Hello guys. I wanted to find the System Configuration and Hardware Information on one of my servers. Here is part of the cpu info: CPU core info: processor : 0 vendor_id : GenuineIntel cpu family : 6 model : 44 model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ymir
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hardware information

Hi Advance users, Is there any tools in centos6.5 to 6.9 can get hardware like Motherboard Serial, mac address and Processor in basic installations. This will for the encryption and generate license in application. I used dmidecode, but dmidecode is not include in the basic server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lxdorney
1 Replies
dmesg(1M)																 dmesg(1M)

NAME
dmesg - collect system diagnostic messages to form error log SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
looks in a system buffer for recently printed diagnostic messages and prints them on the standard output. The messages are those printed by the system when unusual events occur (such as when system tables overflow or the system crashes). If the argument is specified, com- putes (incrementally) the new messages since the last time it was run and places these on the standard output. This is typically used with (see cron(1)) to produce the error log by running the command: every 10 minutes. The arguments and allow substitution for the defaults and where should be a file containing the image of the kernel virtual memory saved by the savecrash(1M) command and should be the corresponding kernel. If the system is booted with a kernel other than /stand/vmunix say /stand/vmunix_new, must be passed this name, the command must be, WARNINGS
The system error message buffer is of small, finite size. is run only every few minutes, so there is no guarantee that all error messages will be logged. AUTHOR
was developed by the University of California, Berkeley. FILES
error log (conventional location) memory scratch file for option special file containing the image of kernel virtual memory the kernel, system name list SEE ALSO
savecrash(1M). dmesg(1M)