Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mysql in redhat
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers mysql in redhat Post 9541 by PxT on Monday 29th of October 2001 03:20:54 PM
Old 10-29-2001
Which part are you having problems with? If you have installed the redhat rpm, just do:

/etc/init.d/mysqld start

to start the server.

If you have already tried that, please provide more specific details of where you are having problems.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mysql installation error using redhat 7.2

i am a newbie to unix admin stuff so bare with me. -- i get this message when executing mysql_install_db during the installation of mysql. what is the cause of this and how can it be fixed. btw - i have tried installing as root and other accounts also. scripts/mysql_install_db:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: theDirtiest
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MYSQL command to take a backup of the database in Redhat linux 7.2

I am new to mysql database , we have a mysql database running on linux , and we use mysql database for bugzilla, so we wanted to take a backup . what is the command for taking the entire database backup from the command prompt with all options. Thanks in advance Bache Gowda (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
4 Replies

3. Web Development

Unkown table Engine 'InnoDB' on a RedHat server with MySQL v5!

hi all, After installing MySQL Source Code on my RedHat machine and compiling it, i no longer have access to some of my DBs having this error message. Unkown table Engine 'InnoDB' Before this step, i used to have another MySQL instance that used to work properly with all the DBs i do have,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehdi1973
7 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

MySQL Daemon failed to start - no mysql.sock file

After doing a yum install mysql mysql-server on Fedora 14 I wasn't able to fully install the packages correctly. It installed MySQL 5.1. I was getting the following error when running the: mysql ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

configuring MYsql db on redhat cluster

Hello, can someone please suggest me in configuring the mysql db on redhat cluster, I have few questions. 1. where do I have to configure heart beat links, and is there any file in the redhat cluster that we update it to use these ipaddress and these interface on the node. 2. I am configuring... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sort command results are different in Redhat 4 vs Redhat 5

Hi, I am having a text file with the following contents ########### File1 ########### some page1.txt text page.txt When I sort this file on Red Hat 5, then I get the following output ########### File1 ########### page1.txt page.txt some (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies
RPMSPEC(8)						      System Manager's Manual							RPMSPEC(8)

NAME
rpmspec - RPM Spec Tool SYNOPSIS
QUERYING SPEC FILES: rpmspec {-q|--query} [select-options] [query-options] SPEC_FILE ... select-options [--rpms] [--srpms] query-options [--qf,--queryformat QUERYFMT] [--target TARGET_PLATFORM] QUERY OPTIONS The general form of an rpm spec query command is rpm {-q|--query} [select-options] [query-options] You may specify the format that the information should be printed in. To do this, you use the --qf|--queryformat QUERYFMT option, followed by the QUERYFMT format string. See rpm(8) for details. SELECT OPTIONS --rpms Operate on the binary package header(s). --srpm Operate on the source package header(s). SEE ALSO
popt(3), rpm(8), rpmdb(8), rpmkeys(8), rpmsign(8), rpm2cpio(8), rpmbuild(8), rpmspec --help - as rpm supports customizing the options via popt aliases it's impossible to guarantee that what's described in the manual matches what's available. http://www.rpm.org/ <URL:http://www.rpm.org/> AUTHORS
Marc Ewing <marc@redhat.com> Jeff Johnson <jbj@redhat.com> Erik Troan <ewt@redhat.com> Panu Matilainen <pmatilai@redhat.com> Red Hat, Inc 29 October 2010 RPMSPEC(8)