Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix Password File
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix Password File Post 9540 by reddyb on Monday 29th of October 2001 03:17:57 PM
Old 10-29-2001
password file

No one on the system including the root can trace your passdword.but he can change/erase your password!

thanks
Bhupal

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Password (AIX UNIX)

Need Help, I am new in unix. (AIX UNIX - RS 6000). I need a unix script to be able to change a unix password by just passing the user id and the new password. I need this script for the reason that my unix password should be the same on my applicatiion... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: randyth
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX password file

Hi,im trying to find an example of a Unix user password file (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jodders
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

UNIX ID Password Expiration

We are trying to implement an Password Aging system that will force UNIX Accounts to change their passwords every 3 mons or so. This will be done my our Server Support Provider. We want to identify UNIX IDs that connects to our server via ftp,scp,sftp and other special connection protocols. IN... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tads98
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running UNIX commands remotely in Windows box from Unix box – avoid entering password

I am able to run the UNIX commands in a Windows box from a UNIX box through "SSH" functionality. But whenever the SSH connection is established between UNIX and Windows, password for windows box is being asked. Is there a way to avoid asking password whenever the SSH connection is made? Can I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: D.kalpana
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem in converting password protected excel file to csv file in unix

I need to convert a password protected excel file which will be in UNIX server to a comma separated file. For this I need to open the excel file in UNIX box but the UNIX box doesn't prompt for password instead it is opened in an encrypted manner. I could manually ftp the excel file to local... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devivish
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logging in unix account taking password from a parameter file

Hi All, I am writing a script where it updates a file in an unix account. To update that file i need to be logged in as that account user. say account name is ab01 and its password is passab01. What i want to do is, my script should read login id and password from a parameter file and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkbond
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password protection in unix

How to create a file in UNIX which is password protected ? Thanks and Regards, Neeraj (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: neeraj617
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

password protect a CSV file: better solution than ZIP password?

Hi We send *.csv with sensitive data to our customers. Our customers open those files with Excel. A new requirement is that we password protect those CSV files. I thought to pack them with ZIP and assign a password to the archive. But Solaris 10 can't encrypt ZIP files. $ zip -P... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password hiding in UNIX

Hi guys, I use STTY command to make the password invisible. Now I need to write the password into another file pwd.txt, but in an invisible manner, something like ******. Another thing is to when I echo the content of pwd.txt I get the password I actually typed. Thanks guys. Help me out. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
5 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Password sent via reset password email is 'weak' and won't allow me to change my password

I was unable to login and so used the "Forgotten Password' process. I was sent a NEWLY-PROVIDED password and a link through which my password could be changed. The NEWLY-PROVIDED password allowed me to login. Following the provided link I attempted to update my password to one of my own... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rich Marton
1 Replies
TRACE(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  TRACE(1)

NAME
trace -- configure and record kernel trace events SYNOPSIS
trace -h trace -i [-b numbufs] trace -g trace -d [-a pid | -x pid] trace -r trace -n trace -e [-c class [-p class] [-s subclass]] [-a pid | -x pid] [-k code | -k code | -k code | -k code] trace -E [-c class [-p class] [-s subclass]] [-a pid | -x pid] [-k code | -k code | -k code | -k code] executable_path [optional args to executable] trace -t [-R rawfile] [-o OutputFilename] [-N] [ExtraCodeFilename1 ExtraCodeFilename2 ...] DESCRIPTION
The trace command allows developers to initialize and configure the kernel trace subsystem. Trace events can be recorded to an in-memory buf- fer, or logged directly to a file. Raw data files can later be decoded to a plaintext format. SEE ALSO
fs_usage(1), sc_usage(1), latency(1), top(1) Mac OS X October 28, 2010 Mac OS X