Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to find egrep version on Solaris 10 Post 95150 by RTM on Saturday 7th of January 2006 09:21:36 AM
Old 01-07-2006
Solaris 10 and below do not support it - load GNU grep on your system instead.
Where to get egrep

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I find Unix Version

I am extremely new here. Someone wants to upgrade off of Unix to Windows 2000 and wants to know if they need to buy new hardware How do I find out what type of Unix they're using? How do I find out the current hardware of the system? (Intel, ..etc) Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomsha
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I find out what version of X I'm using?

How can I find out? Besides looking on the box of my distro and checking their. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DISTURBED
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find Software Version

Hi, Is there anyway to find what version of a software is installed on a particular box ? For Tru64 unix, the setld -i command lists all the software that is installed. But how do i get the version ? is there a unix command for this? Is setld specific to Tru64 ? Do reply VJ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vjsony
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Egrep cheat sheet anywhere? Looking for meaning of egrep -c

Hi I've been searching google and have not found what egrep -c means. Does anyone know where I can get a cheat sheet or what that -c means? thanks, Linda (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: leelm
2 Replies

5. Solaris

what is the command to see the java version in solaris 8 and solaris 10

what is the command to see the java version in solaris 8 and solaris 10 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep help required to find pattern

Hi All, Can some one please help me how to grep the comments from "oracle" & "sybase" code. I would like to grep below type of pattern. -- /* */ Please help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr8_usk
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Egrep ERE to find null

Hello All, My apologies if a similar question has already been posted. I searched for "grep", "egrep" and "null" I'm having an issue with egrep and an extended regular expression. I'm doing a test for a job name. I would like to have the user enter a job name with no spaces and also test to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sydox
7 Replies

8. Solaris

How to read this Solaris version:-Solaris 8 HW 5/03 s28s_hw2wos_06a SPARC?

Hi Guys, Could you please tell me how to read this Solaris version:- Solaris 8 HW 5/03 s28s_hw2wos_06a SPARC Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Egrep on Solaris

how can I implement egrep -A 1 "(HI|FR|GO|TAT)" in solaris? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aydj
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Egrep find word that occurs twice in a row

Hi there I am trying to figure out and understand what the syntax would be to egrep lines that have a word occur twice in a row. the two words obviously should have a space between them and also it has to be case sensitive which I believe grep is by deffault. the closest I have come is... grep... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: spo_2138
7 Replies
ZIPGREP(1L)															       ZIPGREP(1L)

NAME
zipgrep - search files in a ZIP archive for lines matching a pattern SYNOPSIS
zipgrep [egrep_options] pattern file[.zip] [file(s) ...] [-x xfile(s) ...] DESCRIPTION
zipgrep will search files within a ZIP archive for lines matching the given string or pattern. zipgrep is a shell script and requires egrep(1) and unzip(1L) to function. Its output is identical to that of egrep(1). ARGUMENTS
pattern The pattern to be located within a ZIP archive. Any string or regular expression accepted by egrep(1) may be used. file[.zip] Path of the ZIP archive. (Wildcard expressions for the ZIP archive name are not supported.) If the literal filename is not found, the suffix .zip is appended. Note that self-extracting ZIP files are supported, as with any other ZIP archive; just specify the .exe suffix (if any) explicitly. [file(s)] An optional list of archive members to be processed, separated by spaces. If no member files are specified, all members of the ZIP archive are searched. Regular expressions (wildcards) may be used to match multiple members: * matches a sequence of 0 or more characters ? matches exactly 1 character [...] matches any single character found inside the brackets; ranges are specified by a beginning character, a hyphen, and an end- ing character. If an exclamation point or a caret (`!' or `^') follows the left bracket, then the range of characters within the brackets is complemented (that is, anything except the characters inside the brackets is considered a match). (Be sure to quote any character that might otherwise be interpreted or modified by the operating system.) [-x xfile(s)] An optional list of archive members to be excluded from processing. Since wildcard characters match directory separators (`/'), this option may be used to exclude any files that are in subdirectories. For example, ``zipgrep grumpy foo *.[ch] -x */*'' would search for the string ``grumpy'' in all C source files in the main directory of the ``foo'' archive, but none in any subdirectories. Without the -x option, all C source files in all directories within the zipfile would be searched. OPTIONS
All options prior to the ZIP archive filename are passed to egrep(1). SEE ALSO
egrep(1), unzip(1L), zip(1L), funzip(1L), zipcloak(1L), zipinfo(1L), zipnote(1L), zipsplit(1L) URL
The Info-ZIP home page is currently at http://www.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/ or ftp://ftp.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/ . AUTHORS
zipgrep was written by Jean-loup Gailly. Info-ZIP 28 February 2005 ZIPGREP(1L)