Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Add printer with IP address with lpadmin Post 95067 by nulnul7 on Friday 6th of January 2006 07:11:33 AM
Old 01-06-2006
Add printer with IP address with lpadmin

Hi all,
I'm tryin' to add a network printer with lpadmin (I don't have access to admintool) to a Solarisbox but I don't exactly know where to use the IP address.
The thing is that this printer exists already with another printQ but I don't see any printerserver declared with lpsystem -l although the existing one seems to be controlled that way since lpstat -t shows me a system name.
Smilie
So ...
Any hints?

Tnx in advance!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lpadmin help

hi all, I can add a network printer with ADMINTOOL. However, I have a problem to add a network printer using lpadmin on my Sparc Solaris 8 box. Here's the detail: =============== lpadmin -p printername lpadmin: ERROR: Missing -U or -v option. To Fix: Local printer must have a port... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrec
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ooops there goes lpadmin =0

Hi there thanks for checking in I'm screwed if you can't help me. I have root access to a unix box and i did this. >/usr/bin> mailx marcus@rtt.co.za > /usr/bin/lpadmin which over wrote the lpadmin file which is in /usr/bin How do i get this back. Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nemex
2 Replies

3. Solaris

configuring printer using lpadmin

Can some one tell me how to configure the printer on solaris printer name = A printer server address : 172.21.19.6 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishan
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

add printer

Helooo I am trying to add a printer in sco unix but i found only serial ports how to define parallel ports? Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sak900354
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lpadmin and viewing printer settings

Hi - Dummy question #1.... We either use the Hewlett Packard HPPI too or LPADMIN command to setup out printers. Is there an LPADMIN command that will show you the default config of a particular printer. Ideally looking to see default font, CPI settings etc. Thanks. BravehearT1326 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BravehearT1326
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

how to find the IP address of a printer

I'm trying to find the IP address of a print queue. I tried this, but nada. cat /etc/hosts | lp -d lp01 Looked in the hosts file but it's not there (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abNORMal
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find IP Address of a Printer Q in Hp-Unix

Could anyone help me to identify the IP address of a printer queue with its printer queue name information . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lenin1985
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Printer (lpadmin) error - blank pages PS/PCL

Help! I have to solve an urgent problem! I have a Solaris 10 server, where I created a line of printing with the command # /usr/sbin/lpadmin -p IL_Printer -s pv24002 -v /dev/null -m netstandard_foomatic -A write -n /usr/lib/lp/model/ppd/system/foomatic/Canon/cnl66e1.ppd.gz -o... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: poyato
0 Replies
lpsystem(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      lpsystem(1M)

NAME
lpsystem - register remote systems with the print service DESCRIPTION
The lpsystem command is obsolete, and could be removed at any time. The print system no longer uses the information generated by lpsystem. See lpadmin(1M), lpusers(1M) or printers.conf(4) for equivalent functionality. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpcu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Stability Level |Obsolete* | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ * This command could be removed at any time. SEE ALSO
lpadmin(1M), lpusers(1M), printers.conf(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 19 Feb 1999 lpsystem(1M)