Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Change an Icon
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Change an Icon Post 9468 by Reza Nazarian on Saturday 27th of October 2001 12:14:17 PM
Old 10-27-2001
Question Change an Icon

Dear Experts
I have made an Icon and now I am going to change a file Icon to new one. I am using Solaris 8.
1- What is the best format to save an Icon
2- How can I change the Icon of a certain type or just one file or folder to the new Icon which I have designed.
Any advises would be highly appreciated.
Best Regards
Reza Nazarian

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Add more icon for logout

Suggestion: Can all pages add a icon for logout? I just found that only the main page has it.:) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tikual
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create Icon

Dear Gurus, I have a question. I have juz created an icon for my user. When I try to run the application (ie double-click) there are nothing being activated. This is the content of the TEST_APP.dt ACTION TEST_APP { LABEL TEST_APP TYPE COMMAND ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lweegp
0 Replies

3. AIX

Aixterm icon placement?

Hi, I'm using xterm and aixterm with Mwm on AIX, and having trouble controlling icon placement when minimising windows. Basically when I run an xterm or aixterm I want to be able to specify where the icon will be if minimised. The man page mentions the "#geometry Geometry" option to aixterm,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cunningdavid
1 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Controlling icon placement?

Hi, I'm using xterm and aixterm with Mwm on AIX, and having trouble controlling icon placement when minimising windows. Basically when I run an xterm or aixterm I want to be able to specify where the icon will be if minimised. The man page mentions the "#geometry Geometry" option to aixterm,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cunningdavid
1 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

New Icon

Hi, I just observed we have a new icon (the "ULF" thing) for the forum. Its really nice to see continuous changes to make things better; whether it's small or big. Appreciations to all moderators and admins. Regards, Anchal Khare (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clx
2 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Change app Icon when script is completed.

In a recent topic, I asked how I could run a shell code without having to deal with terminal opening. What I'm trying to accomplish now is to make my app change it's icon when the code is complete. (With complete I mean when the process is done.) Thanks in advance. :) (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShadowofLight
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

icon

up graded lost log out power off icon how reinstall:wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: flight
2 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

Shell Script to change desktop short cut Icon

I have installed my flash application using shell script. I have created short cut to desktop. Now i want to change the default short cut Icon. Please tell me script to change the short cut icon. ---------- Post updated at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:33 AM ---------- Working... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohaneee
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to change shell icon?

I have an application that runs through bash shell and i want to change the shell icon , so when i copy my application to another computer the shell can still run , can i do that ? because i try with .desktop its failed (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: caladblog
0 Replies
PLINITBUTTON(2) 						System Calls Manual						   PLINITBUTTON(2)

NAME
plinitbutton, plinitcanvas, plinitcheckbutton, plinitedit, plinitentry, plinitframe, plinitgroup, plinitidollist, plinitlabel, plinitlist, plinitmenu, plinitmessage, plinitpopup, plinitpulldown, plinitradiobutton, plinitscrollbar, plinitslider, plinittextview - panel reinitial- ization functions SYNOPSIS
#include <u.h> #include <libg.h> #include <panel.h> void plinitbutton(Panel*, int, Icon*, void (*)(Panel*, int)) void plinitcanvas(Panel*, int, void (*)(Panel*, Mouse*)) void plinitcheckbutton(Panel*, int, Icon*, void (*)(Panel*, int, int)) void plinitedit(Panel*, int, Point, Rune*, int, void (*)(Panel *)) void plinitentry(Panel*, int, int, char*, void (*)(Panel*, char*)) void plinitframe(Panel*, int) void plinitgroup(Panel*, int) void plinitlabel(Panel*, int, Icon*) void plinitlist(Panel*, int, char *(*)(int), int, void(*)(Panel*, int, int)) void plinitmenu(Panel*, int, Icon**, int, void (*)(int, int)) void plinitmessage(Panel*, int, int, char*) void plinitpopup(Panel*, int, Panel*, Panel*, Panel*) void plinitpulldown(Panel*, int, Icon*, Panel*, int) void plinitradiobutton(Panel*, int, Icon*, void (*)(Panel*, int, int)) void plinitscrollbar(Panel*, int) void plinitslider(Panel*, int, Point, void(*)(Panel*, int, int, int)) void plinittextview(Panel*, int, Point, Rtext*, void (*)(Panel*, int, Rtext*)) DESCRIPTION
Corresponding to each Panel-creation function (see plbutton(2)) is a function that reinitializes the parameters of that kind of panel. The reinitialization functions are all named by inserting the string init after the creation function's initial pl. For example, plinitbutton will reinitialize a panel created by plbutton. Their argument lists are identical to the corresponding creation function, except that the first argument is a pointer to the panel to be reinitialized, rather than its parent. SOURCE
/sys/src/libpanel SEE ALSO
plinit(2), plbutton(2), graphics(2) Tom Duff, ``A quick introduction to the panel library''. PLINITBUTTON(2)