Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Howto configure AIX DHCP Client ? Post 9431 by zumbi on Friday 26th of October 2001 01:08:58 PM
Old 10-26-2001
btw. if I edit the /etc/hosts and insert my local hostname and my current IP, I can run the CDE without any trouble,.
thx for hints.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

How to configure Dhcp in linux?

Please let me know step by step, I am new to this configuration.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhineshcs
2 Replies

2. SCO

dhcp client

I have openserver 5.0.7 running on a machine and would like to know how to configure a dhcp client for it and make it run at startup. Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: izzzy
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

How to configure DHCP to Static IP

I am pretty new to this. My router was earlier configured to enable DHCP, thus my UNIX box is using the dhcp address, i.e. I have to do a ifconfig dhcp hme0 start. Since I am planning to use my NT as a web server, I needed to use the static IP address. How do I configure the unix box to use the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lee30320
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Failed to configure IPv4 for DHCP afe0

Hi All, i have been accessing ip address through DHCP for my windows..i tried to configure the same for solaris also and got the error " Failed to configure IPv4 for DHCP afe0 " can anyone explain what should i do ...i want to acees internet in solaris am i need to configure for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthg
0 Replies

5. AIX

aix-configure nim client

:b:Hi... I need help to configure nim client on nim server.. can i define aix 5.3.4.0 on aix 5.3.7.0 nim server.. while i m configuring nim client on nim server its getting msg that images not same.. i need to confirm that both version should be same or not.. Thanks.. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumathi.k
5 Replies

6. IP Networking

HOWTO: Linux multihomed dns client

The Linux resolver queries all nameservers in the order they are listed in /etc/resolver.conf. If a nameserver times out, it advances on to the following nameserver. But, if a nameserver returns "not found" (NXDOMAIN) it stops. This behaviour is problematic when you need to resolve names from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: colemar
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

HOWTO: Linux multihomed dns client - reverse lookup

The following thread is closed: 133552-howto-linux-multihomed-dns-client (Sorry I am not allowed to post URLs) Therefore I write this append in an own thread. The HOWTO in the referenced thread helped me a lot and I only want to append how to make reverse lookup working for a local zone: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scheruga
0 Replies

8. Solaris

How to configure the host to dhcp mode

I try a static ip assign mode while i installed the Solaris 10(U 8). But i can't access the internet, i try the ifconfig -a command and see my configuration is correct in the interface. So i want to get my ip using dhcp. I search from internet. They give me the suggestions. ifconfig interface... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: papertiger
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Configure network in unix with dynamic ip on my DHCP server?

can anyone tell me how can i configure network in unix with dynamic ip on my DHCP server?? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reham.Donia
7 Replies

10. IP Networking

About Configure the DHCP to assign the Default-Gateway

I have a question. How to write the DHCP to assign the default-gateway to clients. Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thsecmaniac
2 Replies
dhcpmgr(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       dhcpmgr(1M)

NAME
dhcpmgr - graphical interface for managing DHCP service SYNOPSIS
/usr/sadm/admin/bin/dhcpmgr DESCRIPTION
dhcpmgr is a graphical user interface which enables you to manage the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) service on the local sys- tem. It performs the functions of the dhcpconfig, dhtadm, and pntadm command line utilities. You must be root to use dhcpmgr. The dhcpmgr Help, available from the Help menu, contains detailed information about using the tool. USAGE
You can perform the following tasks using dhcpmgr: Configure DHCP service Use dhcpmgr to configure the DHCP daemon as a DHCP server, and select the data store to use for storing network configuration tables.. Configure BOOTP relay service Use dhcpmgr to configure the DHCP daemon as a BOOTP relay. Manage DHCP or BOOTP relay service Use dhcpmgr to start, stop, enable, disable or unconfigure the DHCP service or BOOTP relay service, or change DHCP server parameters. Manage DHCP addresses Use dhcpmgr to add, modify, or delete IP addresses leased by the DHCP service. Manage DHCP macros Use dhcpmgr to add, modify or delete macros used to supply configuration parameters to DHCP clients. Manage DHCP options Use dhcpmgr to add, modify or delete options used to define parameters deliverable through DHCP. Convert to a new DHCP data store Use dhcpmgr to configure the DHCP server to use a different data store, and convert the DHCP data to the format used by the new data store. Move DHCP data to another server Use dhcpmgr to export data from one Solaris DHCP server and import data onto another Solaris DHCP server. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWdhcm | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dhcpconfig(1M), dhtadm(1M), pntadm(1M), in.dhcpd(1M), dhcpsvc.conf(4), dhcp_network(4), dhcptab(4), attributes(5), dhcp(5), dhcp_modules(5) Solaris DHCP Service Developer's Guide System Administration Guide: IP Services SunOS 5.10 13 Mar 2001 dhcpmgr(1M)