Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to delete carriage return in SED Post 93913 by stevefox on Friday 23rd of December 2005 05:03:24 AM
Old 12-23-2005
Thanx everyone!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed removing carriage return and newline

Hi, I'm not very familiar with unix shell. I want to replace the combination of two carriage returns and one newline with one carriage return and one newline. I think the best way to do this is to use sed. I tried something like this: sed -e "s#\#\#g" file.txt but it doesn't work. Thanx... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mored
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dont want carriage return

I have observed with print & echo, they produce carriage return <CR> or newline, after they display string next to them. Is there anyway to avoide these <CR> after the intended string is displayed? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete carriage return in SED

Hi everybody! I'm working in one script with sed, I have file with the next content: <voms.db.type value="changeme"/> <voms.db.host value="changeme"/> <voms.admin.smtp.host value="changeme"/> <voms.mysql.admin.password value="changeme"/> <glite.installer.verbose value="true"/> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: juedsivi
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a line including Variable & Carriage Return / sed command as Variable

I want to instert Category:XXXXX into the 2. line something like this should work, but I have somewhere the wrong sytanx. something with the linebreak goes wrong: sed "2i\\${n}Category:$cat\n" Sample: Titel Blahh Blahh abllk sdhsd sjdhf Blahh Blah Blahh Blahh Should look like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

use sed to replace whitespace with a carriage return

Greetings I need to replace "whitespace" in a file with the newline character aka carriage return My command is either wrong or not interpreted properly by me shell sed s/" "/\\n" "/g nets > nets1 or sed s/" "/\n" "/g nets > nets1 nets (input file) 13MHZ_IN... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: awk_sed_hello
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

carriage return and linefeed

hi can anyone please tell me the difference between carriage return, linefeed and newline ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: streetfi8er
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why sed command deletes last line in a file if no carriage return?

Hi I am using sed command to make SCORE=somevalue to SCORE=blank in a file. Please see the attached lastline.txt file. After executing the below command on the file, it removes the last line. cat lastline.txt | sed 's/SCORE=.*$/SCORE=/g' > newfile.txt Why does sed command remove the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok.k
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Carriage Return using SED

I am hoping someone can help me with a solution to this problem using SED. My issue is actually two-fold. First, I have an order file that is sent to us from another system, however, there has been a change in current processes that requires a carriage return added to the end of each order. The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chino_1
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substitute \n with carriage return

Hello all, I've a flat file in the following format: AB\001\CDED\001\ABC\001\nEG\001\HIJF\001\EFG\001\nHI\003\HIUL\003\HIJ\003 And I want to substitute \n with the carriage return. Any help is appreciated! Regards, - Seth (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sethmj
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help to delete carriage return and new line in csv file

Hi All, I have a problem loading the data from a csv file As you see below in the Input ,For the Data starting with " there are 2 lines, which i want to make them into single without changing the format of that data. You can see the desired output below: While i try to open the csv file and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlavanya
4 Replies
XcmsCCCOfColormap(3)						  XLIB FUNCTIONS					      XcmsCCCOfColormap(3)

NAME
XcmsCCCOfColormap, XcmsSetCCCOfColormap - query and modify CCC of a colormap SYNTAX
XcmsCCC XcmsCCCOfColormap(Display *display, Colormap colormap); XcmsCCC XcmsSetCCCOfColormap(Display *display, Colormap colormap, XcmsCCC ccc); ARGUMENTS
display Specifies the connection to the X server. ccc Specifies the CCC. colormap Specifies the colormap. DESCRIPTION
The XcmsCCCOfColormap function returns the CCC associated with the specified colormap. Once obtained, the CCC attributes can be queried or modified. Unless the CCC associated with the specified colormap is changed with XcmsSetCCCOfColormap, this CCC is used when the specified colormap is used as an argument to color functions. The XcmsSetCCCOfColormap function changes the CCC associated with the specified colormap. It returns the CCC previously associated with the colormap. If they are not used again in the application, CCCs should be freed by calling XcmsFreeCCC. Several colormaps may share the same CCC without restriction; this includes the CCCs generated by Xlib with each colormap. Xlib, however, creates a new CCC with each new colormap. SEE ALSO
DisplayOfCCC(3), XcmsConvertColors(3), XcmsCreateCCC(3), XcmsDefaultCCC(3), XcmsSetWhitePoint(3) Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libX11 1.6.0 XcmsCCCOfColormap(3)