Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Howto configure AIX DHCP Client ? Post 9390 by Neo on Friday 26th of October 2001 05:30:33 AM
Old 10-26-2001
Your problem does not should like it is DHCP related. First, please post the output of the command ifconfig -a .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

How to configure Dhcp in linux?

Please let me know step by step, I am new to this configuration.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhineshcs
2 Replies

2. SCO

dhcp client

I have openserver 5.0.7 running on a machine and would like to know how to configure a dhcp client for it and make it run at startup. Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: izzzy
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

How to configure DHCP to Static IP

I am pretty new to this. My router was earlier configured to enable DHCP, thus my UNIX box is using the dhcp address, i.e. I have to do a ifconfig dhcp hme0 start. Since I am planning to use my NT as a web server, I needed to use the static IP address. How do I configure the unix box to use the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lee30320
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Failed to configure IPv4 for DHCP afe0

Hi All, i have been accessing ip address through DHCP for my windows..i tried to configure the same for solaris also and got the error " Failed to configure IPv4 for DHCP afe0 " can anyone explain what should i do ...i want to acees internet in solaris am i need to configure for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthg
0 Replies

5. AIX

aix-configure nim client

:b:Hi... I need help to configure nim client on nim server.. can i define aix 5.3.4.0 on aix 5.3.7.0 nim server.. while i m configuring nim client on nim server its getting msg that images not same.. i need to confirm that both version should be same or not.. Thanks.. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumathi.k
5 Replies

6. IP Networking

HOWTO: Linux multihomed dns client

The Linux resolver queries all nameservers in the order they are listed in /etc/resolver.conf. If a nameserver times out, it advances on to the following nameserver. But, if a nameserver returns "not found" (NXDOMAIN) it stops. This behaviour is problematic when you need to resolve names from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: colemar
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

HOWTO: Linux multihomed dns client - reverse lookup

The following thread is closed: 133552-howto-linux-multihomed-dns-client (Sorry I am not allowed to post URLs) Therefore I write this append in an own thread. The HOWTO in the referenced thread helped me a lot and I only want to append how to make reverse lookup working for a local zone: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scheruga
0 Replies

8. Solaris

How to configure the host to dhcp mode

I try a static ip assign mode while i installed the Solaris 10(U 8). But i can't access the internet, i try the ifconfig -a command and see my configuration is correct in the interface. So i want to get my ip using dhcp. I search from internet. They give me the suggestions. ifconfig interface... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: papertiger
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Configure network in unix with dynamic ip on my DHCP server?

can anyone tell me how can i configure network in unix with dynamic ip on my DHCP server?? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reham.Donia
7 Replies

10. IP Networking

About Configure the DHCP to assign the Default-Gateway

I have a question. How to write the DHCP to assign the default-gateway to clients. Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thsecmaniac
2 Replies
inet_type(4)							   File Formats 						      inet_type(4)

NAME
inet_type - default Internet protocol type SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/inet_type DESCRIPTION
The inet_type file defines the default IP protocol to use. Currently this file is only used by the ifconfig(1M) and netstat(1M) commands. The inet_type file can contain a number of <variable>=<value> lines. Currently, the only variable defined is DEFAULT_IP, which can be assigned a value of IP_VERSION4, IP_VERSION6, or BOTH. The output displayed by the ifconfig and netstat commands can be controlled by the value of DEFAULT_IP set in inet_type file. By default, both commands display the IPv4 and IPv6 information available on the system. The user can choose to suppress display of IPv6 information by setting the value of DEFAULT_IP. The following shows the possible values for DEFAULT_IP and the resulting ifconfig and netstat output that will be displayed: IP_VERSION4 Displays only IPv4 related information. The output displayed is backward compatible with older versions of the ifconfig(1M) and netstat(1M) commands. IP_VERSION6 Displays both IPv4 and IPv6 related information for ifconfig and netstat. BOTH Displays both IPv4 and IPv6 related information for ifconfig and netstat. The command-line options to the ifconfig and netstat commands override the effect of DEFAULT_IP as set in the inet_type file. For example, even if the value of DEFAULT_IP is IP_VERSION4, the command example% ifconfig -a6 will display all IPv6 interfaces. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Suppressing IPv6 Related Output This is what the inet_type file must contain if you want to suppress IPv6 related output: DEFAULT_IP=IP_VERSION4 SEE ALSO
ifconfig(1M), netstat(1M) SunOS 5.10 16 Jun 1999 inet_type(4)