Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: oracle datafile *dbf
Operating Systems Solaris oracle datafile *dbf Post 93268 by tt155 on Saturday 17th of December 2005 03:30:14 AM
Old 12-17-2005
Hi !!!! tnks for your support !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I resolved it with the alter command !!!!
but now i have another big problem , the same db i have to install to aix server ,
i installed aix-oracle but now i have to export db from sun-oracle and import to aix-oracle , first questions is : it's possible move an db sun-oracle to db axi-oracle ? my problem is that when i do the import file i recive the error message of the init size ( on the target system ) of the USER01 datafile , before creating i have controlled it on the sun-oracle , after i created it with the same specification , this step i have done for all datafile , i tryed too with RMAN utility nothing .....
Plse help me , i am deprived of hope Smilie

Grazie .................

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ascii to dbf HELP!

Hi, Does anyone know of an ascii to dbf converter for sco unix? Or any flavor of unix for that matter. Thanks! Georgio (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gseyforth
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine a datafile with Master datafile, emergent!

Hi guys, my supervisor has asked me to solve the problem in 7 days, I've taken 3 days to think about it but couldn't figure out any idea. Please give me some thoughts with the following problem, I have index.database that has only index date: 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 I have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: onthetopo
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read dbf file in shell script and to convert dbf file usinf shell script

Hi all, I am new to shell scripting. I have dbf file and I need to convert it into csv file. OR, can i read the fields from a .dbf file and OR seprate the records in dbf file and put into .csv or txt. Actually in the .dbf files I am getting , the numbers of fields may vary in very record and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauara
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

spilit the list of files in set ls -1 *.dbf

Dear All, Please help in this subject.. my requirement is list the files in directory and out of that list make the different set and each should set contains 10 files and assign to variable and start zipping in background. pick the second set files and same to be repeat the commands parallel. i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmadhuhb
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sorting the datafile in an order given in second datafile

Hi, I have two files: first input file is having 7-8 columns, and second data file is like I want to arrange my datafile1 in the order given in second data file, by comparing the seconddatafile with the second column of first file and print the entire line....also if any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CAch
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to do this: cp *1.dbf *2.dbf

This is not a valid command, but you get the idea: "cp *1.dbf *2.dbf" I need to change the 1 to 2 on many file names. Using csh. Any ideas? MM (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MartMX
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ArcGIS shapefile *.dbf file to ascii text

Okay, I search around and couldn't find what I needed, so here goes: I have a series of ArcGIS point shapefiles. If I open them in Excel I can save as an Excel or text file and get a 2 column list: POINTID | GRID_CODE 1 | 2.34234 2 | 4.3425 3 | 6.32456 etc... The problem is that I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbrandt1979
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script to automate add/resize datafile in Oracle ASM Storage

Hi all, Could anyone please share ideas or logic on how to automate add/resize datafile in Oracle ASM Storage for Oracle RAC/Single Node databases when any tablespace space alert is trigerred by OEM? Thanks for your help and time on it! Thanks&regards, a1_win Please DON'T use CODE tags... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)