Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Burning
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Burning Post 9279 by merlin on Wednesday 24th of October 2001 06:40:14 PM
Old 10-24-2001
Question Burning

Hi,

I've been tring to find a burning program for Solaris 7. I haven't had to much luck on this so far.

What is a program I can use for burning on solaris 7?

Thx in advanced.

Smilie
merlin

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

burning Solaris 8 images

this is probably going to sound really stupid...but how do i burn the Solaris 8 images i got off of Sun's servers? i know youre supposed to burn them in Nero/EasyCD/whatever, but Nero gives me some bullshit about it being an "unrecognized format" and EasyCD wants to burn it as an audio file. do i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fuji250
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Burning Software

Hey all, No sorry I don't mean burning windows. Though it was a nice thought to think of that people :) Pat yourself on the back for thinking of burning Windows. No really though here the real question. I'm after burning software for Solaris 7 (or 8 if it has to be, perfer 7 though). I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: merlin
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network Burning?

Hey all, When burning using Solaris 8, the standard command would look something like this; mkisofs -r filename filename.tar | cdrw -i -O But what I want to try and do it burn over the network and was wondering if anyone has done this before. Like a tape drive backup can be run across... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: merlin
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CD-R burning through a cron

Hi all Is it possible to have a cron job to burn a CD of some of my file systems... like a backup? I am running redhat Linux 7.3 and cannot access the machine from the terminal... I am remotely located. Thanks in advance. KS (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: skotapal
5 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Burning ISO of Solaris 9

Hello, This is my first time setting up a Unix system, and I'm very excited to do so, but I'm run into some problems from the get go! I downloaded Solaris 9 (I specifically need this version of Unix, as I'm gunning for a better position in my company), and got a bz2 compressed image. I intend... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skeet23
3 Replies

6. Solaris

CD burning tool

Im looking for any GUI Based burner to work under sun solaris 10, any ideas > (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
7 Replies

7. Linux

CD Burning in Linux, GUI Software

Hi.. I just brought a CD writer. It has nero for windows bundled with it. I found nero very easy to use as well as usefull.. I then see that wht we have in linux.. I found that in my Redhat 9 i have two CD writers software but both are no where nare nero... So is there any GUI based cd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: billcrosby
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Problems burning DVD-RW media

Hello, I have Solaris 10 U13 and I try to burn an ISO image. First try: # cdrw -i myfile.iso Looking for CD devices... Device not ready. Second try: # cdrecord dev=0,0,0 -v -multi -pad -data myfile.iso cdrecord: No write mode specified. cdrecord: Asuming -tao mode.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sluge
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)