Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Monitor Problem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Monitor Problem Post 9272 by doeboy on Wednesday 24th of October 2001 05:33:35 PM
Old 10-24-2001
Yes, you should be able to use your TFT display on an Ultra2. (Provided that you have the adapter for the 13W3 connector that Ultra2 Frame buffers normally use.) Basically, Any new Sun monitor should work on all old Sun hardware as long as you have physical connectors that can match up with each other (or the adapters that allow you to do so)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

PC monitor

In order to use a regular PC monitor would I need to do any configuration changes to my Ultra 5 box running Solaris 8 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mangolinux
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor: Read from the monitor

Hello, I would like to write a script that use the display as an input. In the display there is a list of file. I want to use it as an array and this would be the input in my script. Does somebody know how do I make it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mig8
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor on file

Hi friends I need to monitor a file which is modified or not. if modified i need to get a mail mail or error message. Eg: monitor.cfg file (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suresh_krish
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Monitor files

I have just started UNIX administration..I want to monitor files with a specific extensions.. ie, I want to monitor .doc or .DOC files created in particular directory..The script should display (every minute) a list of those filenames created after the previous display. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aadi_uni
1 Replies

5. Hardware

second monitor trouble

I have installed ubuntu for the first time (long time mac user) and i woudl like to connect to my 25 inch hannsg monitor but the resolution is so low. I have figured out that i have to edit my xorg.conf file but the problem is is that i dont have in my /etc/X11 folder. I have tried to run ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: olifu02
1 Replies

6. Hardware

Fedora 16 dual monitor - dual head - automatic monitor shutdown

Hi, I am experiencing troubles with dual monitors in fedora 16. During boot time both monitors are working, but when system starts one monitor automatically shut down. It happend out of the blue. Some time before when I updated system this happend but then I booted older kernel release and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ping Monitor

Hello, I need a simple shell script. If you can help I'd appreciate it. I'm sorry for my English. I want to send ping to 3 web site I want to send 5 ping to 3 web site result: 1- www.google.com UP 2- www.yahoo.com UP 3- www.myserver.com DOWN If myserver.com is down I want to 10... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: tara123
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Keyword Monitor

Hello, I have a shell script. I would like to add email the curl output. I'd appreciate if you help. Thanks. #!/bin/bash while read -r URL ; do if ] ; then echo "keyword changed!!!!"|mail -s "$URL Alert!!!!" info@test.com; fi;done</root/m/url.txt . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tara123
3 Replies

9. Infrastructure Monitoring

Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers

Sorry if this is the wrong forum Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers . This monitor tool will take as less CPU as possible , and will send info about the server to main Dashboard. The info I need is CPU / RAM / my servers status (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies
dbus-monitor(1) 						   User Commands						   dbus-monitor(1)

NAME
dbus-monitor - debug probe to print message bus messages SYNOPSIS
dbus-monitor [--system | --session] [--profile | --monitor] [watch_expressions] DESCRIPTION
The dbus-monitor command is used to monitor messages going through a D-Bus message bus. There are two standard message buses: o systemwide message bus - Disabled and not supported on Solaris, but installed on many systems as the "messagebus" init service. o per-user-login-session message bus - Enabled and supported on Solaris, and started each time a user logs in. The --system and --session options direct dbus-monitor to monitor the system or session buses respectively. If neither is specified, dbus- monitor monitors the session bus. dbus-monitor has two different output modes, the 'classic'-style monitoring mode and profiling mode. The profiling format is a compact for- mat with a single line per message and microsecond-resolution timing information. The --profile and --monitor options select the profiling and monitoring output format respectively. If neither is specified, dbus-monitor uses the monitoring output format. The message bus configuration may keep dbus-monitor from seeing all messages, especially if you run the monitor as a non-root user. See http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ for more information. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --monitor Use the monitoring output format (this is the default). --profile Use the profiling output format. --session Monitor the session message bus (this is the default). --system Monitor the system message bus. The system bus is disabled and unsupported on Solaris. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: watch_expressions In order to display the messages you are interested in, you should specify a set of watch_expressions as you would expect to be passed to the dbus_bus_add_watch function. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/dbus-monitor Executable for dbus-monitor ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWdbus | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dbus-cleanup-sockets(1), dbus-daemon(1), dbus-launch(1), dbus-send(1), dbus-uuidgen(1), libdbus-glib-1(3), attributes(5) NOTES
For authorship information refer to http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/doc/AUTHORS. Updated by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2007. dbus-monitor was written by Philip Blundell. The profiling output mode was added by Olli Salli. Please send bug reports to the D-Bus mailing list or bug tracker, see http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ SunOS 5.11 19 Nov 2007 dbus-monitor(1)