Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Veritas or Legato??
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Veritas or Legato?? Post 9255 by 98_1LE on Wednesday 24th of October 2001 04:37:36 PM
Old 10-24-2001
Another vote for Veritas, both for their product and thier support.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Veritas or Legato?

Hi guys, What product would you suggest for a hot/on-line backup with an active oracle database ?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guest100
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Legato Networker

Has anyone ever used Networker to backups a SunSolaris 5.4 system. I have all the my other OS on the network being backup except for the 5.4 systems. It's has to do with a daemon. So help me out this doesn't make any since> (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aojmoj
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

Legato networker on hp-ux

Hello, Firstable I am new on hp-ux (well long time ago) I am more aix admin.... Legato networker is the tool backup use on the hp-ux. I don't know this tool and would like to know where to find some docs or training. My first question will be : when a system (hp-ux B.11.0) is backuped on a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: touny
8 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

restore from Legato

Hi Fellas/Ladies I havent dont any restore unix systemsand recently issue has come up that I need to restore to fridays copy. I want to restore everything to last fridays for the directory /usr/local/projects. Anyone done legato restores? Would it keep acl/permissions, symlinks etc. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brabored
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Legato Display

I am running legato 7.3.2. Here is my issue. I have taken over the backup duties from an employee who left the company. He was running Legato as the backup server/client of choice (I don't know much about Legato, but i am learning on the job). He has it setup to run the admin qui from the backup... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seacros
3 Replies

6. AIX

Did Sudo break my Legato

I have a system that has been runing Legato for a few years (i inherieted this system). I have now been tasked with maintaining this system. I installed sudo on it so i didnt have to give out my root password and not some of my SAP backup jobs are failing. Can anyone out there give me some help?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seacros
2 Replies

7. Solaris

legato for Lotus (load_notes_api|0|0|0)

hai, Help me please OS SUN 5.10 Lotus 8 Legato for Lotus 3.0 when backing up gives this error The dlopen() call for library libnotes.so failed with error: ld.so.1: nsrnotesv: fatal: libnotes.so: open failed: No such file or directory (load_notes_api|0|0|0) ... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eshon
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Legato networker 7.6

Hi ALl I have recently installed networker 7.6 on my solaris 10 host(V240). My bosses requirement was that the GUI was still availible (nwadmin). However on 7.6 there is no GUI and nwadmin does not exist. I have copied nwadmin over from the previous version of legato i had installed (6.2), and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: brian112
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Legato Networker

Hi , I have a lot of Tape device with backups from solaris sparc servers. This tape are in Legato Networker Format and now I need access and search an old backup. I know that Legato needed a Server , but this server is wrong , this down long time ago. I have a Legato Networker Server/Client... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: z0rtiz
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to extend a disk in veritas volume manager in veritas cluster?

Hi Experts, I wanted to extend a veritas file system which is running on veritas cluster and mounted on node2 system. #hastatus -sum -- System State Frozen A node1 running 0 A node2 running 0 -- Group State -- Group System Probed ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Skmanojkum
1 Replies
vxtune(1M)																vxtune(1M)

NAME
vxtune - adjust Veritas Volume Replicator and Veritas Volume Manager tunables SYNOPSIS
vxtune [-r] vxtune [-r] tunable vxtune [-r] tunable value DESCRIPTION
The vxtune utility manages the various memory tunables that are used by Veritas Volume Replicator (VVR). It can also be used to change the value of the volpagemod_max_memsz tunable that is used by the instant snapshots feature of Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM). No other VxVM tunables are currently tunable using vxtune. You can use vxtune to display, set or change the memory tunables that are used by VVR. To maximize VVR performance, you can use this util- ity to experiment with different values before deciding on the optimal tunable values. The main advantage of using vxtune to change tunable values is that the new values are available immediately without needing to reboot the system. When invoked with no arguments, vxtune displays a list of the tunables whose values may be displayed or set. When invoked with the name of a supported tunable as the argument, vxtune displays the value of that tunable. When invoked with the name of a supported tunable and a value as arguments, vxtune attempts to set the tunable to that value. The specified value can take the following prefixes as base specifiers: 0 Value is in octal. 0x Value is in hexadecimal. By default, decimal is assumed. The specified value can take the following suffixes as unit multipliers: g or G The specified value is in gigabytes. k or K The specified value is in kilobytes. m or M The specified value is in megabytes. By default, the units are assumed to be bytes. The values of the following memory tunables may be displayed or set: vol_max_nmpool_sz Maximum memory that will be used by VVR on a secondary to hold the write requests coming from the primary. This memory is sys- tem-wide and restricts all secondary RVGs on the system. It may also be useful to increase this tunable if multiple Secondary RVGs are present on the system. vol_max_rdback_sz Maximum memory that will be used by VVR, when write requests are being read back from the SRL. You may need to increase this tun- able if you have multiple asynchronous RLINKS in one or more RVGs. vol_max_wrspool_sz Used in the clustered version of VVR. vol_min_lowmem_sz Minimum Threshold of available VVR memory needed to keep the write requests in memory on the primary RVG to send it to secondary. If available VVR memory is less than this threshold, write requests are freed early so that readbacks can be performed later. This tunable is used by asynchronous RLINKs. vol_rvio_maxpool_sz Maximum memory requested from the system by VVR for internal purposes. This tunable has a direct impact on the performance of VVR as it prevents one I/O operation from using all the memory in the system. The value of vol_rvio_maxpool_sz must be at least 10 times greater than the value of the maximum I/O size. volpagemod_max_memsz Maximum memory, measured in kilobytes, that is allocated for caching FastResync and cache object metadata by the instant snap- shots feature of VxVM. This tunable has a default value of 6144KB(6MB) of physical memory. The memory allocated for this cache is exclusively dedicated to it. It is not available for other processes or applications. Setting the value of volpagemod_max_memsz below 512KB fails if cache objects or volumes that have been prepared for instant snap- shot operations are present on the system. If you do not use the FastResync or DRL features that are implemented using a version 20 DCO volume, the value of volpage- mod_max_memsz can be set to 0. However, if you subsequently decide to enable these features, you can use vxtune to change the value to a more appropriate one. OPTIONS
-r (Raw) By default, tunable values are displayed in kilobytes. This option causes values to be displayed in bytes. EXAMPLES
Display the tunable parameters that vxtune supports: vxtune Display the value of vol_min_lowmem_sz on a host: vxtune vol_min_lowmem_sz Modify the value of vol_min_lowmem_sz to 2 megabytes on a host: vxtune vol_min_lowmem_sz 2M EXIT CODES
The vxtune utility exits with a non-zero status if the attempted operation fails. A non-zero exit code is not a complete indicator of the problems encountered but denotes the first condition that prevented further execu- tion of the utility. NOTES
The vxtune command only affects the tunable values on the host on which it is run. If required, you must run the command separately on each host for which you want to change the tunable values (for example, for the log-owner node and any of its failover nodes in a cluster). Values that have been specified using vxtune are persistent across reboots. SEE ALSO
vrport(1M), vxmemstat(1M), vxsnap(1M) Veritas Volume Replicator Configuration Notes Veritas Volume Manager Administrator's Guide VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxtune(1M)