Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers change user through shell script Post 92470 by raviraushanjha on Monday 12th of December 2005 02:11:33 AM
Old 12-12-2005
Data change user through shell script

hi,
my problem is that i am calling a script from my perl program.
the script checks wether a particular process is running or not if the process is not running then it should start the process.
the problem here is that the front end logs into backend with a user which does not have the permission to restart the process.
i tried using SU command it prompts me for the password. expect is not installed so was not able to use it. i even tried setting the SUID bit of the script and running the script as
su - user -c "/path/test.sh
here it starts asking for the roots password
the script is:

#!/bin/sh
var1=`ps -ef | grep -v grep | grep ravi | awk '{print $2}'`
echo $var1
if [ -z $var1 ]
then
echo "The Process is Running"
else
xx=`whoami`
echo $xx
cwd=`cd /user/bin`
pwd=`pwd`
echo $pwd
`su - user`
`ravi`
xx=`whoami`
echo $xx
prrestart=`/ravi/admin/KickWatchdog -restart`
echo "You win"
fi

echo $vasr1
echo 'ravi'

Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

change user in a shell

Hi, is it possible to chnage the user in a shell script? i would like to create a script with should make some actions on the host which needs root permissions. i want do give the user which should start the script the root permissions. so is it possible to make a command in the script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottl
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i change to super user then revert back to ordinary user ,using shell script?

Hi all, I am trying to eject the cdrom from a livecd after certain stage... Now assuming that it is possible to eject,please consider my issue!!! The OS boots into a regular user by default...so i am unable to use the eject command to push out the drive... However if i try pfexec eject it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

root user command in shell script execute as normal user

Hi All I have written one shell script for GPRS route add is given below named GPRSRouteSet.sh URL="www.google.com" VBURL="10.5.2.211" echo "Setting route for $URL for GPRS" URL_Address=`nslookup $URL|grep Address:|grep -v "#"|awk -F " " '{print $2}'|head -1` echo "Executing ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change to user root without end the script

Hello there! I need help: I have this script: #!/bin/bash #chage to root user sudo su #Insert actual date echo -n "Ingrese fecha actual: " #Read the actual date read fecha #clean RAM memory sync ; echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches ; swapoff -a && swapon -a #backup opennms... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbasystem
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change Default Shell for any user?

Hi, I am new for solaris... how can we change default shell for any user and how to check that which shall currently we are in...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lalit21984
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to change a user password using script

Hi Experts, I had tried to executes this script to change the user password through script: No lines in buffer #!/bin/ksh cat /etc/passwd | grep -v userid >> /tmp/pass.tmp1 cat /etc/passwd | grep userid >> /tmp/pass.tmp2 PASS1=`cat /tmp/pass.tmp2 | cut -d ":" -f2` PASS2=`q2w3e4r5` sed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indrajit_renu
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change user passwords using shell script

Hi, I want to change the password of unix users on a number of servers.My plan was to ssh to all the servers in a shell script and use the passwd command. I tried to do so but everytime i run it i get this error. ssh -x -n -l user1 host passwd Changing password for "user1" 3004-709 Error... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: poojabhat
3 Replies

8. Linux

script for password change for exiting user

Dear Forum, In our organization 100 user is existing. Now i want to change password for 100 user in linux server. Pls help to write script for changing password. Regads// Taifur (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: taifurakhand
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change default shell of a specific user with awk

I would like to replicate the functionality of chsh (or passwd -e) by awk. This is what I got so far, but I think there should be an easier way to search and replace field $7 only for lines beginning with user_name: awk -v user_name="$user_name" -v new_shell="$new_shell" -F: '$1 == user_name {... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nomad84
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change user in script

i have a script that needs to be run as a specific user. lets call this specific user "skysmart". sure, i can check the username of the person running the script and if it isn't "skysmart", simply abort with a descriptive error message. but then, that would require the user to have to "sudo su... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies
asadmin-delete-profiler(1AS)					   User Commands				      asadmin-delete-profiler(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-delete-profiler, delete-profiler - deletes the profiler element SYNOPSIS
delete-profiler --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s] [--passwordfile filename] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive=true] Deletes the profiler element. A server instance is tied to a particular profiler by the profiler element in the Java configuration. Chang- ing a profiler requires you to restart the server. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --interactive if set to true (default), only the required password options are prompted. Example 1: Using delete-profiler asadmin> delete-profiler --user admin --passwordfile passwords.txt --host localhost --port 4848 Deleted Profiler Where: profiler is the deleted profile element. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-profiler(1AS), asadmin-list-profiler(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-delete-profiler(1AS)