Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Setting up subdomains...
Special Forums IP Networking Setting up subdomains... Post 924 by PxT on Saturday 27th of January 2001 11:54:47 AM
Old 01-27-2001
Hvae you tried reading the <A HREF="http://www.apache.org">Apache</A> web site? They have extensive documentation on configuring the server.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New ip setting

I want to change the IPsetting and the broadcast setting. With ipconfig I get this: hme0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2 inet xx.17x.18x.xx netmask fffffff0 broadcast xx.17x.18x.xx ether yy:0:yy:b6:yy:xx What command(squence) do I use to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuultak
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SNMP setting

Hi all, I m monitoring the linux host via snmp software under windows xp. I have installed the net snmp and i can retreive information from the windows. However, i m unable to do it reversely. Do i need to configure the snmpd.conf to allow snmp request from other workstation? Thanks many (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coldstarhk
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UMASK setting

How can we set the Sticky bit in the umask itself. Please help me :confused: I tried to set like umask 1000 but when I run umask, the value of umask is 00 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: geniman2004
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find out subdomains

I am the new user I want to find out sub domains in the URL using shell script. e.g http://abcd:8380/matcher This is the URL. The suburl is given below http://abcd:8380/matcher/servlet/viewnudatasource http://abcd:8380/matcher/servlet/addnudatasource... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strip subdomains from domains list

Hello, I'm trying to strip all the subdomains from a domains list. Let's say the list is: ---------- http://add.my.yahoo.com ad.doubleclick.net admin.searchhippo.com www.advertise.about.com.br ---------- I need to get ----------- yahoo.com doubleclick.net searchhippo.com... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rlopes
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need some help on setting up rsync

I need to "sync" a directory from a prod server to a test server. Rsync is working but it prompts for a password and I'd like to automate the process. The directory on the prod/source server is owned by root, and some subdirectories are only readable by root. On the test/destination servers, I can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LAToro
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

alias setting

I want to set an alias to connect to sqlplus and also run a command while it it logs in. How can I do that? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Cronjob setting

Hi there There's a script I would like to run daily every 5 minutes and this job should restart every 12:03AM so it would append to a new file with the following day date format instead of running and updating continuously into one log. I am not sure of the syntaxing, what I did was to set it... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up Xlaunch

I have a Win7 laptop that I have installed Xming with Xlaunch so that I can remote a Solaris10 server. After the initial install on my Win7 machine what do I need to set and configure to be able to remote Solaris. This is my 3rd day working with Unix. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SIFT3R
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Is there a difference between setting a user as nologin and setting it as a role?

Trying to figure out the best method of security for oracle user accounts. In Solaris 10 they are set as regular users but have nologin set forcing the dev's to login as themselves and then su to the oracle users. In Solaris11 we have the option of making it a role because RBAC is enabled but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: os2mac
1 Replies
Catalyst::Manual::Deployment::Apache::mod_perl(3pm)	User Contributed Perl Documentation    Catalyst::Manual::Deployment::Apache::mod_perl(3pm)

NAME
Catalyst::Manual::Deployment::Apache::mod_perl - Deploying Catalyst with mod_perl mod_perl Deployment The recommended method of deploying Catalyst applications is FastCGI. In many cases, mod_perl is not the best solution, but we'll list some pros and cons so you can decide for yourself. Pros Speed mod_perl is fast, and your entire app will be loaded in memory within each Apache process. Shared memory for multiple apps If you need to run several Catalyst apps on the same server, mod_perl will share the memory for common modules. Cons Memory usage Since your application is fully loaded in memory, every Apache process will be rather large. This means a large Apache process will be tied up while serving static files, large files, or dealing with slow clients. For this reason, it is best to run a two-tiered web architecture with a lightweight frontend server passing dynamic requests to a large backend mod_perl server. Reloading Any changes made to the code of your app require a full restart of Apache. Catalyst does not support Apache::Reload or StatINC. This is another good reason to run a frontend web server where you can set up an "ErrorDocument 502" page to report that your app is down for maintenance. Cannot run multiple versions of the same app It is not possible to run two different versions of the same application in the same Apache instance because the namespaces will collide. Cannot run different versions of libraries If you have two different applications which run on the same machine, and each application needs a different versions of a library, the only way to do this is to have per-vhost perl interpreters (with different library paths). This is entirely possible, but nullifies all the memory sharing benefits that you get from having multiple applications sharing the same interpreter. Setup Now that we have that out of the way, let's talk about setting up mod_perl to run a Catalyst app. 2. Install Apache with mod_perl Both Apache 1.3 and Apache 2 are supported, although Apache 2 is highly recommended. With Apache 2, make sure you are using the prefork MPM and not the worker MPM. The reason for this is that many Perl modules are not thread-safe and may have problems running within the threaded worker environment. Catalyst is thread-safe however, so if you know what you're doing, you may be able to run using worker. In Debian, the following commands should get you going. apt-get install apache2-mpm-prefork apt-get install libapache2-mod-perl2 3. Configure your application Every Catalyst application will automagically become a mod_perl handler when run within mod_perl. This makes the configuration extremely easy. Here is a basic Apache 2 configuration. PerlSwitches -I/var/www/MyApp/lib PerlModule MyApp <Location /> SetHandler modperl PerlResponseHandler MyApp </Location> The most important line here is "PerlModule MyApp". This causes mod_perl to preload your entire application into shared memory, including all of your controller, model, and view classes and configuration. If you have -Debug mode enabled, you will see the startup output scroll by when you first start Apache. Also, there have been reports that the block above should instead be (but this has not been confirmed): <Perl> use lib '/var/www/MyApp/lib'; use MyApp; </Perl> <Location /> SetHandler modperl PerlResponseHandler MyApp </Location> For an example Apache 1.3 configuration, please see the documentation for Catalyst::Engine::Apache::MP13. Test It That's it, your app is now a full-fledged mod_perl application! Try it out by going to http://your.server.com/. Other Options Non-root location You may not always want to run your app at the root of your server or virtual host. In this case, it's a simple change to run at any non- root location of your choice. <Location /myapp> SetHandler modperl PerlResponseHandler MyApp </Location> When running this way, it is best to make use of the "uri_for" method in Catalyst for constructing correct links. Static file handling Static files can be served directly by Apache for a performance boost. DocumentRoot /var/www/MyApp/root <Location /static> SetHandler default-handler </Location> This will let all files within root/static be handled directly by Apache. In a two-tiered setup, the frontend server should handle static files. The configuration to do this on the frontend will vary. Note the path of the application needs to be stated explicitly in the web server configuration for this recipes. AUTHORS
Catalyst Contributors, see Catalyst.pm COPYRIGHT
This library is free software. You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-20 Catalyst::Manual::Deployment::Apache::mod_perl(3pm)