Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to know what program is install on Unix server? Post 92351 by zp523444 on Friday 9th of December 2005 01:06:59 PM
Old 12-09-2005
How to know what program is install on Unix server?

I would like to know how to check what program is install on the Unix system?
like the add/remove inside the control panel can show what program installed.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

running dos program from unix server

Hello, My apologies if this sounds like a stupid question...... but is it possible to call a script that is located on a w2k machine from a csh script bing run on a unix server. Many thanks rkap (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkap
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not able to install Oracle Workgroup Server on SCO Unix 5.0.2 box

After having to replace a video card and having a corrupt root directory, I had to wipe out and reinstall my SCO OpenServer Enterprise System 5.0.2. because nothing would work for the root password. I am now trying to reinstall the Oracel Workgroup Server SCO v7.1.5.2 and it tells me I need to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sheilaj1
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Program permission (to install etc)

hi! all i've setup my PC with FreeBSD 6.2 and i've created login ID for my friends i would like to allow them to install program (since they're requesting to use bnc/psybnc) using their shell however, they have encounter such error to install the program they have to sudo in order to run... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdns
3 Replies

4. SCO

How to install UNIX 5.0.7 on an ML 330 G3 server with IDE array instead of scsi bus

My boss get a Proliant ML 330 G3 server with IDE ARRAY Bus, I try to isntall UNIX 5.0.7 on it but i't didn't detect as a hdd, I try to configure it as single logical drive and many combinations but UNIX always says taht there is no hdd, does anyone knows how to?? the boss of course won't say it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jactroo
0 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to install Nagios on Unix server

Hi all, i have install nagios on my Linux Centos 5 server and i want to install the agent on unit server to monitor it. I can monitor a linux and windows servers but still looking for a article on how to intall nagios on Unix server. Thanx in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tulz
2 Replies

6. AIX

Cannot compile/install gnu program on AIX

Hello, I'm trying to install ansifilter which is a program that translates ansi text to HTML. The idea is to install it on AIX 7.1 but is failing. All de appropriate gcc libraries and requirements for this software were installed successfully, but when I do the gmake I get the following... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bazajav
0 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Cannot compile/install gnu program

Hello, I'm trying to install ansifilter which is a program that translates ansi text to HTML. The idea is to install it on AIX 7.1 but is failing. All de appropriate gcc libraries and requirements for this software were installed successfully, but when I do the gmake I get the following... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bazajav
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running program from local install?

Dear forum, This is my first post here, nice to meet you all. My question might be a beginner one, also it might have been answered before (I searched but found nothing). I am a new Unix user. I am using a terminal to connect to Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS (GNU/Linux 3.2.0-48-generic x86_64);... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: athina
10 Replies

9. Solaris

Install some Linux program on Solaris

Hi I have a problem with install some Linux program on Solaris. I use Ubuntu on everyday. At my university My professor wants from me to install some program from Linux on Solaris. I try with many files, but all not run. I can't deal with it. Do you know how install .deb files on Solaris? Hmm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tsuisou
3 Replies
UPDATE-FLASHPLUGIN-NONFREE(8)				      System Manager's Manual				     UPDATE-FLASHPLUGIN-NONFREE(8)

NAME
update-flashplugin-nonfree - program to get the newest Adobe Flash Player SYNOPSIS
update-flashplugin-nonfree --install update-flashplugin-nonfree --uninstall DESCRIPTION
The program update-flashplugin-nonfree takes care of downloading last minute information from Debian about suitable versions, removing the installed Adobe Flash Plugin if it has been reported as insecure, or, if a newer suitable version is available, downloading a newer Adobe Flash Player and its installer from the Adobe download site, run the downloaded installer to install the Adobe Flash Player on the local system, and then move the installed files to where they fit on a Debian system. A copy of the downloaded .tar.gz is saved in /var/cache/flashplugin-nonfree for later reuse. The program update-flashplugin-nonfree is used in the postinst and prerm scripts of the Debian package, but this program can also be run manually by root. OPTIONS
--install To install, update or remove the Adobe Flash Player depending on downloaded last minute information from Debian about suitable ver- sions. --uninstall To remove the Adobe Flash Player. --verbose Produce detailed information about what's happening. --quiet Produce no informational output. SEE ALSO
http://wiki.debian.org/FlashPlayer If you subscribe to this wiki page, then you will receive updates via e-mail. http://www.adobe.com/ The Adobe homepage. August 15, 2007 UPDATE-FLASHPLUGIN-NONFREE(8)