Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Track changes in files
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Track changes in files Post 92111 by rahulrathod on Thursday 8th of December 2005 03:26:18 AM
Old 12-08-2005
Question Track changes in files

All,

Is there any command or method by which we can track changes in a file in Unix (Something similar to track changes in a word document).

I know there is CVS which is used to store code changes and track changes in the code. But other than CVS any way to find out changes done in a file which is not stored in CVS.

Regards,
Rahul Rathod.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

9-track dinosaur

We just went from HP-UX 10.20 to 11.00. All the bugs are out, except for a small detail...the old 9-track isn't working. We receive large amounts of data on reel-to-reel so I kinda need it fixed. In the meantime, I'm trying to see if they can send me a DAT tape instead. I'm pretty sure the drive... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncmurf00
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Possible to track FTP user last login? Last and Finger don't track them.

Like the topic says, does anyone know if it is possible to check to see when an FTP only user has logged in? Because the shell is /bin/false and they are only using FTP to access the system doing a "finger" or "last" it says they have never logged in. Is there a way to see when ftp users log in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

keep track of every user

dear all , I m new to shell programming and I need your help. Actually i want to keep track of all the commands executed in a bash prompt of users , very much in same manner as it is displayed when we run "history" command. now the users are smart enough as they delete their history by... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xander
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to track FTP logins

I have put in the "script" command in the .profile of a particular user id that tracks the terminal session when the user id logs in. But when the user logs on to the server using FTP, how can this be tracked? Any input will be appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Track user

Hi, i suddenly realized that a directory is deleted unfortunately there are many user have pervilages on this directory is there a way to track the user who delete this directory or atleast from now can i enable something so that i can track from now I think there is way from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crackgeek
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I read several files and track "wc -l" Every 1min X 4 Iterations

I need help with these requirement: I have a FILE1, single column with list of filenames (about 30-150). I need to read each line from FILE1, do a word-count-lines of the filenames and echo a message if word-count-lines is same for 1minute X 4 iterations Example and idea below: FILE1:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: olu
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Track the files accessed by a script.

How can i track all the files accessed by script. The script is supposed to bring up my application and this script is just the main script which inturn calls another scripts and executable. I need to know all the the files this main script calls and the files accessed by all the other scripts... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chacko193
2 Replies
AFGETFRAMECOUNT(3)														AFGETFRAMECOUNT(3)

NAME
afGetFrameCount, afGetTrackBytes, afGetDataOffset - get the total sample frame count, length of audio track in bytes, offset of the audio track for a track in an audio file SYNOPSIS
#include <audiofile.h> AFframecount afGetFrameCount (AFfilehandle file, int track); AFfileoffset afGetTrackBytes (AFfilehandle file, int track); AFfileoffset afGetDataOffset (AFfilehandle file, int track); PARAMETERS
file is an audio file handle created by a previous call to afOpenFile(3). track is an integer which specifies an audio track within file. All supported file formats contain exactly one audio track per file, so the constant AF_DEFAULT_TRACK should always be used. DESCRIPTION
afGetFrameCount returns the total number of sample frames contained within the specified track of the specified file. Each sample frame of audio consists of a fixed number of samples (equal to the number of audio channels in the track. For monaural data, a sample frame consists of one audio sample. For stereophonic data, a sample frame consists of a stereo pair. afGetTrackBytes returns the total number of bytes of raw audio data (i.e., prior to decompression or conversion) in the track. afGetDataOffset returns the offset in bytes of the start of the audio data contained within the specified track of the specified file. RETURN VALUE
afGetFrameCount returns the total number of sample frames in track. afGetTrackBytes returns the total number of bytes of audio data in track. afGetDataOffset returns the offset in bytes to the beginning of the audio data in track. Each of these routines returns -1 in case of error. AUTHOR
Michael Pruett <michael@68k.org> Audio File Library 0.3.6 03/06/2013 AFGETFRAMECOUNT(3)