Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting set EDITOR=vi -> default editor not setting for cron tab Post 92085 by aarora_98 on Wednesday 7th of December 2005 04:39:20 PM
Old 12-07-2005
oops.............. even

$set EDITOR=vi
$export EDITOR

OR

$export EDITOR=vi

is also not working..... I feel sad. :-(

Help Plz......

Aru

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing default editor

Redhat 9 I want to change my default text editor from vi to pico. When I look in the .bash_profile or .bashrc I do not see the EDITOR variable. So how do I change the default permanently? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tony Empire
1 Replies

2. AIX

How to set path for the EDITOR variable?

For some reason something has changing in my AIX environment where when I type: ACLEDIT filename ...I get: 3002-104 acledit: EDITOR environment variable must be full pathname I know I need to reset the EDITOR variables path to /usr/bin/vi but I can't remember the syntax anyone? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heprox
2 Replies

3. Solaris

where can i set editor option to yes

Hi all I am new to this forum (just registered) I need help from you guys Even if it is a basic question please don't hesitate to answer.Any answer will be helpful to me I am unable to get the previously entered commands by pressing uparrow When i enered uparrow it is giving ^[[A I got... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oracle_sri
2 Replies

4. Solaris

cron tab setting

hi guys , i need some help i want to set cron job for every sunday , of each month so any body plz help or this proble :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kbharat20
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pasting text in VI editor from a different editor

Hi, I knw its a silly question, but am a newbie to 'vi' editor. I'm forced to use this, hence kindly help me with this question. How can i paste a chunk 'copied from' a different editor(gedit) in 'vi editor'? As i see, p & P options does work only within 'vi'. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: harishmitty
10 Replies

6. Solaris

Epic Editor was not able to obtain a license for your use. Feature Epic Editor :Licen

Epic Editor was not able to obtain a license for your use. Feature Epic Editor :License server is down (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
1 Replies

7. Solaris

How to set VI editor column size on Solaris?

I am setting the size using "stty columns 120" . But I still get the prompt saying "terminal too wide " when I am in vi. is there any time limit for this setting? how to set the column size to 120 permanently? Thanks in advance, Devi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvkdevi
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Default editor in zsh

Guys, Can somebody help in setting vi as the default editor in zsh shell. I know that in ksh and bourne we can achieve the setting through .profile file. I want to replicate the behavior of ksh in zsh where on command prompt when one presses escape the screen acts as a vi. And one can use all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yabhi_22
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with setting vi as my default editor in ksh

Hi , Below is the content of my .profile $cat .profile # Workstation users: Make changes to your .profile file in your home dir. . /.profile set -o vi PS1=$ But anytime I login I have to source "set -o vi" separately.Please suggest (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramesh12621
8 Replies

10. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

GNOME Desktop - Setting missing from dconf-editor?

Hello All, Last night I installed OpenSuSE 12.1 (i586) on a HP Mini 110 laptop. And I selected GNOME as my Desktop during install... So I was trying to customize some things about the desktop, for example adding the Maximize/Minimize/Close options to the titlebar of a window. I did this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
2 Replies
BF-model-EDITOR(1)					      General Commands Manual						BF-model-EDITOR(1)

NAME
bf-model-editor -- The model editor for the Bear Engine. SYNOPSIS
bf-model-editor [-h] [--log-concise] [--log-file=file] [--log-level=string] [--log-uniq] [-c] [-u] file(s) ... DESCRIPTION
This program is the model editor for the Bear Engine. This is a part of the Bear Factory. OPTIONS
The following options can be passed to the program: -c, --compile Compile the files and exit. -h, --help Show summary of options. --log-file=file Write log output in "file". --log-level=string Output log messages up to a given level, among "error", "warning" and "verbose". -u, --update Open and save the model files. -v, --version Print the version of the editor and exit. SEE ALSO
running-bear(6), bf-animation-editor(1), bf-level-editor(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Julien Jorge julien.jorge@gamned.org. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. BF-model-EDITOR(1)