Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Oracle-performance tuning
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Oracle-performance tuning Post 92057 by kthri on Wednesday 7th of December 2005 11:11:57 AM
Old 12-07-2005
Tried Analysing,session is getting expired as the table size is around 200 million

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Performance tuning.

can someone tell me a good site to go to in order to learn this. please do not recommen nay books because i dont have interest in that. if you know of any good sites with good straight forward explanation on how to split loads on machines that has excessive loading, please let me know Also,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

EXT3 Performance tuning

Hi all, long time ago I posted something, but now, it is needed again :( Currently, I am handling with a big NFS Server for more than 200 clients, this sever has to work with 256 NFSDs. Because of this huge amount of NFSDs, there are thousands of small write accesses down to the disk and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: malcom
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Performance Tuning

Hi to all, I'm interested in finding an introduction about Performance Tuning under Unix (or Linux); can somebody please point me in the right direction? Best regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: domyalex
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance Tuning

Hi All, In last one week, i have posted many questions in this portal. At last i am succeeded to make my 1st unix script. following are 2 points where my script is taking tooooo long. 1. Print the total number of records excluding header & footer. I have found that awk 'END{print NR -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Performance diagnosis & tuning

Hi, I am facing a strange issue. Application is deployed in a cluster with 2 Unix nodes (with same configuration). On one node the application is working fine but on another node we see this behavior I found using vmstat- when the server is not yet started everything is OK; when you start the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ash.abrol
3 Replies

6. AIX

Performance issue / tuning advice

Please take a look at this system and give your analysis / advice. Can it be tuned to get a better performance? We are not getting more hardware ressources at the moment. We have to live with what we have. Application running on the system is SAS. OS is AIX 6.1 Let me know if you need output of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: firefox111
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris Performance tuning

Dear all, I have a Local zone , where users feel that performance is not good. Is it wise to collect the inputs from the local zone rather than taking from the global zone. And also Can I tune from Global zone , so that it will reflect in local zone. Rgds rj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies

8. Tips and Tutorials

The Most Incomplete Guide to Performance Tuning

Overview: Introduction What Does Success Mean? What Does Performance Mean? Every Picture is Worth a Thousand Words Work Like a Physicist Work Like You Walk - One Step at a Time Learn to Know Your System Choose Your Weapons! Tools of the Trade 1 - vmstat A Little Theory Along the Way -... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bakunin
1 Replies
OCI_SET_EDITION(3)														OCI_SET_EDITION(3)

oci_set_edition - Sets the database edition

SYNOPSIS
bool oci_set_edition (string $edition) DESCRIPTION
Sets the database "edition" of objects to be used by a subsequent connections. Oracle Editions allow concurrent versions of applications to run using the same schema and object names. This is useful for upgrading live systems. Call oci_set_edition(3) before calling oci_connect(3), oci_pconnect(3) or oci_new_connect(3). If an edition is set that is not valid in the database, connection will fail even if oci_set_edition(3) returns success. When using persistent connections, if a connection with the requested edition setting already exists, it is reused. Otherwise, a different persistent connection is created PARAMETERS
o $edition - Oracle Database edition name previously created with the SQL " CREATE EDITION" command. NOTES
Note Oracle version requirement This function is available from Oracle 11 gR2 onwards. Caution Persistent connections To avoid inconsistencies and unexpected errors, do not use ALTER SESSION SET EDITION to change the edition on persistent connec- tions. Caution DRCP Connection Pooling To avoid inconsistencies and unexpected errors when using editions and DRCP with Oracle 11.2.0.1, keep a one-to-one correspondence between the oci8.connection_class and the edition name used by applications. Each pooled server of a given connection class should only be used with one edition. This restriction has been removed with Oracle 11.2.0.2. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Two scripts can use different versions of myfunc() at the same time <?php // File 1 echo "Version 1 of application "; oci_set_edition('ORA$BASE'); $c = oci_connect('hr', 'welcome', 'localhost/XE'); $s = oci_parse($c, "begin :r := myfunc(); end;"); oci_bind_by_name($s, ":r", $r, 20); oci_execute($s); echo "The result is $r "; ?> <?php // File 2 echo "Version 2 of application "; oci_set_edition('E1'); $c = oci_connect('hr', 'welcome', 'localhost/XE'); $s = oci_parse($c, "begin :r := myfunc(); end;"); oci_bind_by_name($s, ":r", $r, 20); oci_execute($s); echo "The result is $r "; ?> PHP Documentation Group OCI_SET_EDITION(3)