Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Learning to script...want a project to work on (making a small MUD) Post 9205 by LivinFree on Wednesday 24th of October 2001 01:58:01 AM
Old 10-24-2001
That sounds to me to be a very complex script, and I'm not sure if you'll be able to get the results you want...

I hate to sound like a broken record, but Learning the Korn Shell, by O'Reilly is great, and gives you some cool examples to work with along the way...

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

A small project with bash script and craigslist

Before I start, I'm posting this for community knowledge, not to offend anyone. I thought it was an interesting project so that's why I'm sharing it. In the notorious erotic classified ads of craigslist, thousands of individuals post classifieds, using the internet to sell themselves with an... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hexpill
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making a program compiled on Unix (HPUX) work on Linux

I am trying to make an application which works on unix to work on linux. I already tried copying the binary files and start it up but I am getting an error stating "Cannot execute binary file". Then I tried to recompile but i am getting an error whenever I tried to recompile. I am getting the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khestoi
1 Replies

3. Programming

Need Help in Small Project

I need help with a small project that I am doing for my client. My clients have a company that does staffing for hotel workers and when they sign up with him, they have to watch 4 separate training videos. What I need help with is a script of some sort that will pop-up a sign in box of some sort... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AimyThomas
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making a bash script and small C program for a homework assignment

Here's the assignment. I'll bold the parts that are rough for me. Unfortunately, that's quite a bit lol. The syntax is, of course, where my issues lie, for the most part. I don't have a lot of programming experience at all :/. I'd post what I've already done, but I'm so lost I really don't know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: twk101
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Learning project ideas - shell, python, UNIX tools, system administration

Hi guys, I am currently working as a system administration engineer, administering telecom applications on linux/unix platforms. I want to learn new things and improve the ones that i have and for this i though to really work on some project or something but i lack of ideas. I want to be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: capitanui
2 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Small project help

hey..i need help with one small project..basically at the shell script level..have for that approx 2 days..and willing to pay..actually before went to fiverr.com and www.enotes.com/homework-help and www.upwork.com and yourhomeworkhelp.org but they are charging me a lot for this type of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: steph33
1 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.10 30 Jan 2004 script(1)