Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers I want to turn my home computer into an internet server. Post 9203 by LivinFree on Wednesday 24th of October 2001 01:55:05 AM
Old 10-24-2001
Don't forget security... There's nothing worse than being cracked into because you didn't know what was running on your machine.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

home network - can you have a primary name server, or only a caching-only name server

i'm setting up a solaris 9 box to be my home network's DNS server. actually it's up and running, but it's set as a caching-only name server. can i set it up to be the primary name server? what are the advantages if i can set it up to be a primary name server vs. a caching only name server? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

Internet access via home router / cablemodem and Solaris9

Hello all, Let me preface this note by expressing my thanks to anyone that can help. I have cable modem access to the internet and a D-Link router (which is also running DHCP) for multiple machine access. I have 3 windows machines running XP Pro and '98 working OK and able to access... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bpmoran3
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

why doesn't this script work on my home computer?

Now it could be as simple as at work I use tsch, and at home it is bash. Warning, first post and I am a complete newbie to unix. At work, I use a simple script for updating a window when I am watching to see how a render is doing... while 1 echo --------------------------- echo ls -lrth... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iStealMusic
1 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

how to access computer behind cable modem, from outside,across "the Internet"

hi im running a web server running, connected to my cable modem, which, as usual, has 2 different network address. one from "outside"(ie from isp), and the other for the internal network. im giving a static ip to the server.how do i access this server from outside the network across "the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: R00tSc0rpi0n
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which Linux to get for home computer?

the most popular ones on distrowatch seems to be PCLinuxOS, Ubuntu, openSUSE and Fedora. any tips, suggestions you can give this super newb about choosing something? i'd like to do a dual boot. Unfortuately my laptop's only got a single hard drive and it's only got half a gig of ram. Will... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeuceLee
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp server on old home computer - a few questions

Hi! Very new to unix stuff, and this is my first post to the forum. I'm pretty sure I know enough to know I know nothing, so please be patient with me and don't laugh too hard. Ok, I've got an old computer and a laptop - the old computer was bought in the mid 90's it's still running windows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boredbody
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copying script from server to home computer using nova terminal

I'm using a nova session to create and edit scripts on my school's unix server. I would like to pull my script off the server and put it in a notepad file on my desktop for the purposes of editing and copying and pasting my script in forums. Can someone please help me with this? I'm sick of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazeman27
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy the newest file from a different server to your home server.

Hi all, So I am on server 1, and I want to grab the newest file from a particular directory on server 2, and place this in a directory on server 1. I am trying to use: ls -tr | tail -1 This works, and gets me the newest file in a particular directory. Using svn `ls -tr | tail -1` etc I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lexx87
1 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

The C64 is back, this time full-sized with a working keyboard for the dedicated retro home-computer

Retro Games has announced that the C64 is back, this time full-sized with a working keyboard for the dedicated retro home-computer fan, available December 2019. See also: CNN: Iconic 80s computer The Commodore 64 to return with fully-functional keyboard YouTube: The C64 | Trailer ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
asadmin-delete-connector-security-map(1)			   User Commands			  asadmin-delete-connector-security-map(1)

NAME
asadmin-delete-connector-security-map, delete-connector-security-map - deletesthe named security map for the given connector connection pool SYNOPSIS
delete-connector-security-map --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s] [--passwordfile filename] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive=true] --poolname connector_connection_pool_name mapname Deletes the named security map for the given connector connection pool. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --interactive if set to true (default), only the required password options are prompted. --poolname connector connection pool name for which the security map that is to be deleted belongs to. OPERANDS
mapname name of the security map to be deleted. Example 1: Using delete-connector-security-map asadmin> delete-connector-security-map --user admin --password adminadmin --poolname connector-pool1 securityMap1 Command delete-connector-security-map executed successfully EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin- create-connector-security-map(1AS), asadmin-list-connector-security-maps(1AS), asadmin-update-connector-security-map(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-delete-connector-security-map(1)