Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unable to view contents of a directory Post 9143 by Apex on Tuesday 23rd of October 2001 09:46:23 AM
Old 10-23-2001
got the right user access to list the contents ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to view the output through this cgi

#!/bin/env perl read(STDIN,$temp,$ENV{'CONTENT_LENGTH'}); @pairs=split(/&/,$temp); $DISPLAY1 = "/u/inarram111/dev/web/HNW/BNY/unsecure-html/myscript2.html"; $DATAFILE1 = "/u/inarram111/dev/web/HNW/BNY/unsecure-cgi-bin/datafile"; open (DATAFILE1, ">$DATAFILE1") || die " Error opening log file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishchand
0 Replies

2. Programming

view contents of shared library

Hi , i have two doubts in Hp-Ux 1) How to View objects or contents in a shared library in HP-Ux 2) Can i added a c object file to the existing shared file from a different directory . for example : I have two directories X and Y I have a.o b.o c.o object files in X directory I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naren_chella
4 Replies

3. Linux

Unable to view files in a particular directory under /opt

Hi Everybody, I am Unable to view files in a particular directory under /opt. But, when I reboot the server, I am able to view the files.. Its happening daily. Do u 've n e answers/suggestions. Kindly help.. :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: its.simron
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to view files in a particular directory under /opt

Hi Everybody, I am Unable to view files in a particular directory under /opt. But, when I reboot the server, I am able to view the files.. Its happening daily. Do u 've n e answers/suggestions. Kindly help.. :eek: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: its.simron
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

[Solved] How to view the contents of the .depot files

Hi, I have one depot file. I would want to view the contents of this file with out extracting and with out installing in a machine. Like for $rpm -qlp rpmfilename will list out all the files in a rpm. Like I would want a command to view the files from a .depot file. I tried with swlist... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skmdu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

trying to view contents of an existing script

root#pwd /opt/tools root# cat check_traffic /opt/tools/utils/commands $1 /opt/tools/utils/DIR/check_traffic root# cat /opt/tools/utils/DIR/check_traffic gew "check_traffic -v" Hi above script works for checking traffic for an ip address im trying to view the check_traffic script by... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashbash
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

Unable to view output of Sar File for memory

Hi I am unable to view the output of sar file using below command sar -f sar07, it is showing below error. Invalid system activity file: sar07 (0x920) above file is in location /var/log/sa wheather for memory it is creating the file at different location? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using vim to view the contents of a directory

When I use this command: vi /home/bob/.vimI expect to see. " ============================================================================ " Netrw Directory Listing (netrw v149) " /home/bob/.vim " Sorted by name " Sort sequence:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

View file contents created by dbCAmplicons as tab delimited

I have run the following command : od -c Results_May18.fixrank | head Here is the result. I wanted the results in tab delimited. Thanks $ od -c Results_May18.fixrank | head 0000000 M 0 1 6 0 1 : 1 2 9 : 0 0 0 0 0 0000020 0 0 0 0 - A T T D Y ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Benard
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

View all jar files contents in one go ?

I can view a jar file contents using the below command: $ jar -tvf ./checker-compat-qual-2.0.0.jar 0 Mon May 02 18:28:46 IST 2016 META-INF/ 184 Mon May 02 18:28:44 IST 2016 META-INF/MANIFEST.MF 0 Mon May 02 17:20:16 IST 2016 afu/ 0 Mon May 02 17:20:16 IST 2016 afu/org/ ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
5 Replies
showmount(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     showmount(1M)

NAME
showmount - show remote mounts SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/showmount [-ade] [hostname] DESCRIPTION
showmount lists the clients that have remotely mounted a filesystem from host. This information is maintained by the mountd(1M) server on host, and is saved across crashes in the file /etc/rmtab. The default value for host is the value returned by hostname(1). The showmount command does not display the names of NFS Version 4 clients. OPTIONS
-a Print all remote mounts in the format: hostname : directory where hostname is the name of the client, and directory is the root of the file system that has been mounted. -d List directories that have been remotely mounted by clients. -e Print the list of shared file systems. FILES
/etc/rmtab ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnfscu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
hostname(1), mountd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations BUGS
If a client crashes, its entry will not be removed from the list of remote mounts on the server. SunOS 5.10 26 Oct 2004 showmount(1M)