Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unable to view contents of a directory Post 9140 by Apex on Tuesday 23rd of October 2001 09:33:11 AM
Old 10-23-2001
ls -all

by any chance ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to view the output through this cgi

#!/bin/env perl read(STDIN,$temp,$ENV{'CONTENT_LENGTH'}); @pairs=split(/&/,$temp); $DISPLAY1 = "/u/inarram111/dev/web/HNW/BNY/unsecure-html/myscript2.html"; $DATAFILE1 = "/u/inarram111/dev/web/HNW/BNY/unsecure-cgi-bin/datafile"; open (DATAFILE1, ">$DATAFILE1") || die " Error opening log file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishchand
0 Replies

2. Programming

view contents of shared library

Hi , i have two doubts in Hp-Ux 1) How to View objects or contents in a shared library in HP-Ux 2) Can i added a c object file to the existing shared file from a different directory . for example : I have two directories X and Y I have a.o b.o c.o object files in X directory I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naren_chella
4 Replies

3. Linux

Unable to view files in a particular directory under /opt

Hi Everybody, I am Unable to view files in a particular directory under /opt. But, when I reboot the server, I am able to view the files.. Its happening daily. Do u 've n e answers/suggestions. Kindly help.. :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: its.simron
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to view files in a particular directory under /opt

Hi Everybody, I am Unable to view files in a particular directory under /opt. But, when I reboot the server, I am able to view the files.. Its happening daily. Do u 've n e answers/suggestions. Kindly help.. :eek: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: its.simron
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

[Solved] How to view the contents of the .depot files

Hi, I have one depot file. I would want to view the contents of this file with out extracting and with out installing in a machine. Like for $rpm -qlp rpmfilename will list out all the files in a rpm. Like I would want a command to view the files from a .depot file. I tried with swlist... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skmdu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

trying to view contents of an existing script

root#pwd /opt/tools root# cat check_traffic /opt/tools/utils/commands $1 /opt/tools/utils/DIR/check_traffic root# cat /opt/tools/utils/DIR/check_traffic gew "check_traffic -v" Hi above script works for checking traffic for an ip address im trying to view the check_traffic script by... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashbash
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

Unable to view output of Sar File for memory

Hi I am unable to view the output of sar file using below command sar -f sar07, it is showing below error. Invalid system activity file: sar07 (0x920) above file is in location /var/log/sa wheather for memory it is creating the file at different location? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using vim to view the contents of a directory

When I use this command: vi /home/bob/.vimI expect to see. " ============================================================================ " Netrw Directory Listing (netrw v149) " /home/bob/.vim " Sorted by name " Sort sequence:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

View file contents created by dbCAmplicons as tab delimited

I have run the following command : od -c Results_May18.fixrank | head Here is the result. I wanted the results in tab delimited. Thanks $ od -c Results_May18.fixrank | head 0000000 M 0 1 6 0 1 : 1 2 9 : 0 0 0 0 0 0000020 0 0 0 0 - A T T D Y ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Benard
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

View all jar files contents in one go ?

I can view a jar file contents using the below command: $ jar -tvf ./checker-compat-qual-2.0.0.jar 0 Mon May 02 18:28:46 IST 2016 META-INF/ 184 Mon May 02 18:28:44 IST 2016 META-INF/MANIFEST.MF 0 Mon May 02 17:20:16 IST 2016 afu/ 0 Mon May 02 17:20:16 IST 2016 afu/org/ ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
5 Replies
G_WITHER_GEOM(9)					   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual					  G_WITHER_GEOM(9)

NAME
g_wither_geom -- destroy geom and related providers and consumers when you get a chance SYNOPSIS
#include <geom/geom.h> void g_wither_geom(struct g_geom *gp, int error); DESCRIPTION
The g_wither_geom() function tells GEOM that geom gp is to be destroyed. GEOM sets an error on each provider of the given geom (in the orphaning process) and waits for a chance to destroy the geom. If the access count of any possessed consumer goes to 0, the consumer will be detached and destroyed automatically. If the last consumer attached to any possessed provider will be detached, the provider will be destroyed. If there are no more providers nor consumers, the geom will be destroyed. This is an automatic ``garbage collect'' to avoid duplicated code in all classes. Before it is called, field softc should be disposed of and set to NULL. Note that the g_wither_geom() function gives no guarantee that the geom will be immediately destroyed, mostly because the access counts of the geom's consumers and providers may not be 0. That is why calling this function for every geom from a given class is not enough to be sure that the class can be unloaded. RESTRICTIONS
/CONDITIONS The argument error must be nonzero. The topology lock has to be held. SEE ALSO
geom(4), DECLARE_GEOM_CLASS(9), g_access(9), g_attach(9), g_bio(9), g_consumer(9), g_data(9), g_event(9), g_geom(9), g_provider(9), g_provider_by_name(9) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
January 16, 2004 BSD