Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to ftp multiple files
Operating Systems HP-UX how to ftp multiple files Post 91209 by isingh786 on Wednesday 30th of November 2005 12:45:08 PM
Old 11-30-2005
Hi,

Thanks for the response!!

But isn't the -i is for disabling interactive processing. But In this case, I am not even getting a single file ftp'd.

Thanks,
Inder

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP multiple files to different directories

The script below is written to ftp files to different directories on the destination server, but I'm not sure whether I have written the code correctly or not. Can anyone help me on this? #!/bin/sh FILE_NAMES="FileA FileB FileC" SERVER=xxxx USERID=abcd PASSWD=xxxxx... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: abrd600
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to send multiple files during ftp

Hi guys... I'm working on #!/bin/sh script in a Solaris 7 box that should send several files over to another machine via FTP. Here's what the script looks like: # This script will send the daily MSP customer counts # to the Crystal Reports server located at 192.168.2.106 cd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdunavent
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting multiple files through ftp

Hi, I have a situation where I need to delete multiple files from a folder once I connect to FTP server. I am using ftp script to get the files, number of files always vary from 1 to 100. once I get the files I need to delete all the files downloaded I am making a list of all the files... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
4 Replies

4. IP Networking

Automated ftp for Multiple files

I have seen the script posted yesterday for automated ftp Can we do some thing like ftp ing multiple files in one script Example input.txt has all files names to be ftped input.txt ------ a.tar b.ccp c.perl i need to ftp all the files present in input.txt i tried something like... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbsrinivas
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To remove multiple files in FTP

We have a files in FTP server..... after getting the files from FTP by mget *.* i hav to remove all files (multiple files) at once... is there any command to delete multiple files at once (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani1984
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP multiple files from multiple directories

I have multiple files that starts as TRADE_LOG spread across multiple folders in the given structure.. ./dir1/1/TRADE_LOG*.gz ./dir2/10/TRADE_LOG*.gz ./dir11/12/TRADE_LOG*.gz ./dir12/13/TRADE_LOG*.gz when I do ftp uisng mput from the "." dir I am getting the below given error mput... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasperl
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp multiple files at the same time

Hi All, I am using ncftpput in one of my c-shell script to upload files to a remote location. The source files keep coming continuosly and to upload each file ncftpput opens a new connection everytime. It means ncftp uploads the file1 than file2 than file3 .... There is gap 20-25 secs between... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sraj142
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer multiple different files in FTP

Hi All, i am doing ftp how can i transfer multiple different files example- 03-21-13 06:33AM 46800 CATT_HOURS.pgp 03-21-13 06:33AM 266392 CATT_TAX.txt 03-21-13 06:33AM 91448 CATT_STATUS.txt 03-21-13 06:33AM 468 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krupasindhu18
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ftp multiple files one at a time

Hi, I have a problem while ftp'ing zip files one after the other from linux source directory to a ftp host machine. here is the shell script: #!/bin/ksh dir=data/dir1/dir2 # this dir is linux source directory where zip files located. rmtdir='/home/' echo $dir for i in /$dir/*; do if ;... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj78
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Script for Multiple Files of Same Name

Hello! I'm having a bit of trouble coming up with a script that can connect to 3 different log boxes and pull down files for that day into a single directory, where the files will all have the same name as per: stats_websites_20150801010000-20150801015959.csv.gz... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cludgie
2 Replies
ftpd_selinux(8) 					 ftpd SELinux policy documentation					   ftpd_selinux(8)

NAME
ftpd_selinux - Security-Enhanced Linux policy for ftp daemons. DESCRIPTION
Security-Enhanced Linux provides security for ftp daemons via flexible mandatory access control. FILE_CONTEXTS SELinux requires files to have a file type. File types may be specified with semanage and are restored with restorecon. Policy governs the access that daemons have to files. Allow ftp servers to read the /var/ftp directory by adding the public_content_t file type to the directory and by restoring the file type. semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_t "/var/ftp(/.*)?" restorecon -F -R -v /var/ftp Allow ftp servers to read and write /var/tmp/incoming by adding the public_content_rw_t type to the directory and by restoring the file type. This also requires the allow_ftpd_anon_write boolean to be set. semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_rw_t "/var/ftp/incoming(/.*)?" restorecon -F -R -v /var/ftp/incoming BOOLEANS
SELinux policy is based on least privilege required and may also be customizable by setting a boolean with setsebool. Allow ftp servers to read and write files with the public_content_rw_t file type. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_anon_write on Allow ftp servers to read or write files in the user home directories. setsebool -P ftp_home_dir on Allow ftp servers to read or write all files on the system. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_full_access on Allow ftp servers to use cifs for public file transfer services. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_use_cifs on Allow ftp servers to use nfs for public file transfer services. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_use_nfs on system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
selinux(8), ftpd(8), setsebool(8), semanage(8), restorecon(8) dwalsh@redhat.com 17 Jan 2005 ftpd_selinux(8)