Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell scripts problem...
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell scripts problem... Post 90695 by bakunin on Friday 25th of November 2005 03:49:11 PM
Old 11-25-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by parola
so how i can remove all "#" and remplace with a 1 space ?????
You're joking, aren't you?

sed 's/##*/<spc>/g'

Replace the "<spc>" with a literal space.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Difference between writing Unix Shell script and AIX Shell Scripts

Hi, Please give me the detailed Differences between writing Unix Shell script and AIX Shell Scripts. Thanks in advance..... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

scripts problem

Hi, the only experience I have with Unix is on C360 workstations using 10.20 and Omniback II to restore email with HP Openmail. I have four brand new machines that I am installing the OS and software on, however, their are scripts that were written specifically for our tape process that I have... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asheley Ryan
13 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PHP scripts problem!

Hi, I've configured a server with Debian Etch 4.0. I followed these instructions: Install and Configure Apache2 with PHP5 and SSL Support in Debian Etch -- Debian Admin But when I try to launch a php script with phpinfo() in my browser, It showed me the download manager window.(i.e. wanna to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdousti
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script Problem-Processing multiple scripts

Hi All, I have four scripts to run. My 1st script will make script2 and script3 to run. I am setting a cron job for this script1 to run continuously. This script1 will check for 2 text files and based on the existance of those text files it will initiate the script2 and script3. Now my doubt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron and multiple scripts problem.

Hello All, I have 3 scripts namingly 1X 2X and 3X. I have one directory ABC created which contains some 40 sub directories. I have one input file in the below format.The input file resides in ABC directory. Inputfile format; subdirectoryname date subdirectoryname1 date subdirectoryname2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with ftp scripts and cron

Need some help / advice with the follow script... Basically i have an FTP server that connects to other ftp servers and sends and downloads files every few hours or so. There are 12 different accounts that all have 2 scripts each, one to send and one to receive. Below is an example send script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mokachoka
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling 'n' number of shell scripts based on dependency in one shell script.

Hello gurus, I have three korn shell script 3.1, 3.2, 3.3. I would like to call three shell script in one shell script. i m looking for something like this call 3.1; If 3.1 = "complete" then call 3.2; if 3.2 = ''COMPlete" then call 3.3; else exit The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shashi369
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell performance problem with locating scripts

I am currently trying out MKS Toolkit C Shell, and I've no problems with it until I try add directories to PATH that are located on a network drive. When I do that, the shell performance slows down significantly and no longer runs fast. In fact, it takes seconds for something that should take... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vas28r13
1 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Problem with Shell Scripts deleting text in files.

Me and a friend are working on a project, and We have to create a script that can go into a file, and replace all occurances of a certain expression/word/letter with another using Sed. It is designed to go through multiple tests replacing all these occurances, and we don't know what they will be so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Johnny2518
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in two scripts

I wrote one script it is showing wrong out but i wrote another script it is showing right out. I really don't know the difference. first-script-showing mistake. #!/bin/bash echo "Counting the Databases" countp1=`ps -ef |grep pmon |grep -v grep | wc -l` echo $countp1 #countp=3 if ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
3 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)														 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)