Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sending SMS on AIX unix
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sending SMS on AIX unix Post 904 by chriss on Friday 26th of January 2001 04:41:01 AM
Old 01-26-2001
Question

Is it possible to send SMS messages from an AIX unix machine?
Preferable using a unix script.

I hope somebody knows the answer.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

sending sms to handphone

Hi guys, anyone knows exactly how to send sms to handphone from a unix server? What is/are needed to perform such a task??Pls Advise. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alexjee
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sending SMS

Hi, Can any one tell me how to send SMS using Unix shell scripting. My scenario is whenever my count on particular tables exceeds beyond certain limit i need to trigger out an sms to the client. It could be better if there is no third party tools involved in it. Thanks in advance... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarojadevi
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending SMS Via Unix Script?

Hi, Is it possible to send sms to a mobile from unix box using Shell Scripting? I really wonder if anyone can help me with some information regarding how to setup the environment if possible. Iam also searching and trying to setup the same. My Environment: HP-UX B.11.11 U 9000/800... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Omkumar
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

sending sms through shell script

pl. if any one can help me in this . i wouldlike to know if there is a way to send sms through unix box. i have tried using mailx option. but what type of servers will be required . if any one can give me references... Thankxs in advance Regards, Alpa (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alpareshamwala
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash unix cron + sending sms

Hi all, i'm trying to send an sms (notification sms) via a bash script executing throw crontab. The script works fine, but the sms itsn't sent to me. can you help me to resolve this issue, plz. Thanks. Yes - we probably COULD help you if you WOULD provide us with your script, the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arezki76
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Sending SMS from Solaris 10 - Help

All, I'm an in-experienced Solaris user, but our application is now hosted on Solaris 10, after being hosted on HPUX for many years. In some of our scripts, we send a text message to a support persons cell phone using the mailx command: echo "process count high on $HOST" | mailx -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: turk22
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Help with SMS sending Script

I would like assistance on a script that could send a text message to my mobile phone when I run a command and the text should be send only if a condition is met. I want to have a cron-job running every 10 minutes to check the system for overload conditons with a command: more logfile.log | grep... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thinktank
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending sms through Shell script

Can anyone please help me to in scripting of sending sms through shell script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gargidas15
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending sms from UNIX server

Hi, I am currently using Unix solaris server. I need to send a sms to my mobile whenever the CPU usage exceeds the threshold. I tried using mail command its not working. I am using Vodafone sim. Can anyone help me to find this as soon.:confused: And also exactly i don't know the SP name... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arasu123
9 Replies

10. AIX

Sending SMS from my AIX server

Hello AIXian :) I'm trying to send SMS from my AIX server, but I can't find any good solution :confused: Can anyone help me please to finish this task? Many thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohannad
2 Replies
sendsms(1)							      gnokii								sendsms(1)

NAME
sendsms - command line tool to send SMSes using gnokii SYNOPSIS
sendsms [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
sendsms allows you to send a SMS using gnokii not knowing the syntax of gnokii command. It is written using dialog and allows to send a text SMS choosing recipients from the phone address book or entering it manually. OPTIONS Available options: [--debug|-D] May bother with more debugging messages. For debugging purpose. --simul[ate], -S Simulation mode. Doesn't really send SMS by phone. Only simulates. For debugging purpose. --forceSMread, -s Forces sendsms to read phonebook from SIM card, and to parse the generated file in order to update the numbers' list (useful only if required to pickup number from the phone's memory). See NOTE. --forceMEread, -m Forces sendsms to read phonebook from phone memory, and to parse the generated file in order to update the numbers' list (useful only if required to pickup number from the phone's memory). See NOTE. --skipgnokiicheck, -K Skip the test of the presence of binary 'gnokii'. (It must be somewhere in your $PATH). It allows you to try this script program, even if you don't have 'gnokii' already. ;) --smsset, --setsms Allows you to preset a SMS message from STDIN. (pipe or input redirection). This message will be proposed on the 'SMS message' field during the program input cycle. --help, -h, /h display this help and exit --version, -V output version information and exit" NOTE: If you require to pickup number from phone's memory (or from SIM card), for the first time, it anyway reads phonebook from your mobile phone. (It may take a while... please, be patient ;-) BUGS
None reported. AUTHOR
Sendsms was written by Gabriele Zappi - Rimini <gzappi@inwind.it>. This manual page was written by Pawel Kot. COPYING
This program is distributed under the GNU Public License. SEE ALSO
gnokii Pawel Kot August 29, 2003 sendsms(1)