Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Career Change
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Career Change Post 9035 by Recon on Monday 22nd of October 2001 01:56:00 AM
Old 10-22-2001
I just finished HPUX SysNet I training, and
am taking SysNet II this week.

The place mentioned by Jerzey is in Phoenix.
(44st & 202).

But is can be very expensive for an individual
to take. It can be about $2000 -$3000 depending
on what you take. I concur, you can learn Fundamentals
on your own. Load Linux on a machine, and learn to move
around in the system. RedHat for Dummies, (which comes witha copy of RedHat) is an excellent start.

Once you think you got a grip on the basics, you have 3 choices:

1) Find a job that will pay to send you to HP training.
2) Pay for the classes, then pay for the test.
3) By a book on HP-UX Sytem Admin & Networking, pay for the
test, and become certified.

My suggestion if for a combination of 2 & 3

Take SysNet 1, then buy a book, refresh what you learned,
and learn the rest. Then take the test. I took the practice test
near the end of SysNet1 and passed, so if you think logically, you won't have a problem.

Good Luck,
For contact information for GE Access, email me...

RECON

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Career

Who in here works as an Unix administrator? I currently finishing up my BS Technical Management and im considering going into Unix base environment, if anybody is already in the field what do you recommended for a fresh meat like me, i currently studying to go for my solaris 10 certification as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gueso
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

career help

I just completed my solaris 10 certification, i also plan on learning shell scripting in depth can anyone advise what is the best way to job hunt in this field i have extensive expierience on windows networking and i am based in atlanta, ga Any suggestions??? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: niravx18
0 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Career Path/Change - Cert Help

This is a very serious post. I am a Cell Technician (Cellular Base Station Tech) who is completely bored because my job has basically evolved into a Field Secretary position. I love working on T1's and troubleshooting equipment outages and so on and so forth but my job has become VERY... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CoopDeVille
2 Replies

4. AIX

Need career advice please

Hi all, I'm a Solaris/linux sysadmin with a good general UNIX skills and with a little tiny background on AIX with no exposure to IBM's hardware ( just reading ) , but i think i can cope with it . UNIX jobs nowadays are rare here ( i mean hp-ux , solaris , aix ) not linux specially after the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
6 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Thinking of career change to software development

I'm currently administering applications and unix OS. Have no IT degree, learned on the job over last 6-7 years. Have good shell scripting skills, basic perl, know some apache, mysql, sql etc. I enjoy scripting, setting up scripts to use in conjunction with databases and apache etc. I think... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
3 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Career Path

First I like to say hi to all the people in this community. The reason I am here is because I am lost and looking for advice on my career path. Here is a short history. I worked in the IT industry for about 10 yrs, sys admin, QA, and developer. During 911 I lost my job. Since then I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: navy
4 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Career in Unix

I need some advice regarding my career. I have been working for a major it company in a unix based support project. I have not learnt much in the 2 years except for basics in unix. I am really worried about my career thinking about what would happen next. I always wanted to be a developer but i... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani2say
10 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Career Advice

Hi, I not sure if this is the right place to ask this question and if I'm wrong I apologize. I'm a systems administrator and have about 5 years of experience. I have worked on Solaris HP-UX *linux Visualization ( VMWare ) And I'm comfortable with shell and Perl. Of late,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
0 Replies
OPENCV_CREATESAMPLES(1) 					   User Commands					   OPENCV_CREATESAMPLES(1)

NAME
opencv_createsamples - create training and testing samples SYNOPSIS
opencv_createsamples [options] DESCRIPTION
opencv_createsamples creates positive samples from a single object image or a collection of positive images. The scheme of test samples creation is similar to training samples creation since each test sample is a background image into which a ran- domly distorted and randomly scaled instance of the object picture is pasted at a random position. OPTIONS
opencv_createsamples supports the following options: -info collection_file_name A database of positive source images. Use it together with -img to create test samples instead. -img image_file_name A positive source image. Use it together with -info to create test samples instead. -vec vec_file_name The output file name containing the generated positive samples for training. -bg background_file_name The background description file (the negative sample set). It contains a list of images into which randomly distorted versions of the object are pasted for positive sample generation. -num number_of_samples The number of positive samples to generate/train. The default is 1000. -bgcolor background_color The background color (currently grayscale images are assumed); the background color denotes the transparent color. The default is 0. -inv Invert the colors. -maxidev max_intensity_deviation The desired maximum intensity deviation of foreground samples pixels. The default is 40. -maxxangle max_x_rotation_angle The maximum rotation angle in x-direction in radians. The default is 1.1. -maxyangle max_y_rotation_angle The maximum rotation angle in y-direction in radians. The default is 1.1. -maxzangle max_z_rotation_angle The maximum rotation angle in z-direction in radians. The default is 0.5. -show [scale_factor] Show each created sample during the creation process. Optionally a scaling factor can be defined. The default is 4.0. If <ESC> is pressed, the creation process will continue without showing the samples. This can be useful for debugging purposes. -h sample_height For the creation of training samples, it is the resulting sample height. The default is 24. In case of creating test samples, it is the minimal height of placed object picture. -w sample_width For the creation of training samples, it is the resulting sample width. The default is 24. In case of creating test samples, it is the minimal width of placed object picture. The same information is shown, if opencv_createsamples is called without any arguments/options. EXAMPLES
To create training samples from one image applying distortions and show the results: opencv_createsamples -img source.png -num 10 -bg negatives.dat -vec samples_out.vec -show To create training samples of size 40x40 from some images without applying distortions: opencv_creasamples -info source.dat -vec samples_out.vec -w 40 -h 40 SEE ALSO
opencv_haartraing(1), opencv_performance(1) More information and examples can be found in the OpenCV documentation. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Daniel Leidert <daniel.leidert@wgdd.de> and Nobuhiro Iwamatsu <iwamatsu@debian.org> for the Debian project (but may be used by others). OpenCV May 2010 OPENCV_CREATESAMPLES(1)