Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to write daemon?
Top Forums Programming How to write daemon? Post 90063 by sg6876 on Friday 18th of November 2005 12:02:08 AM
Old 11-18-2005
Bug How to write daemon?

Hi ,

I want to know how to write a daemon process. I also want to know the concept behind daemon processes. Any material or sample program will be great Smilie .

Thanks in advance
-sg

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write a daemon in Unix?

Hi I have a directory where sometimes a file will come (in a name format say file001.txt). I want to run a job (.ksh file) as soon as a new file comes into the directory. How can I write a shell script which will run in the background and monitor arrival of new file in the directory? ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbasak
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to write Pro*C daemon process using multithreading?

Hello, I am new to this forum and this is my first post here... I have never worked on either Pro*C or Multithreading..Now, i have to write a Pro*C, Multithreading daemon process.. I dont know where to start.. Can anybody help me with examples? 1. need to write a Pro*C multithreading... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kachiraju
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all files with group read OR group write OR user write permission

I need to find all the files that have group Read or Write permission or files that have user write permission. This is what I have so far: find . -exec ls -l {} \; | awk '/-...rw..w./ {print $1 " " $3 " " $4 " " $9}' It shows me all files where group read = true, group write = true... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunter63
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write daemon in UNIX

Hi Guys, I hope this is the right forum to post this. I have a directory where files will be dumped at any time of the day and I want to run scripts as soon as new files come into the directory. How can I write a daemon that detects when new files have been uploaded to the directory? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: regie101
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

read/write,write/write lock with smbclient fails

Hi, We have smb client running on two of the linux boxes and smb server on another linux system. During a backup operation which uses smb, read of a file was allowed while write to the same file was going on.Also simultaneous writes to the same file were allowed.Following are the settings in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swatidas11
1 Replies

6. Programming

Write-Write on a socket

Can anyone tell what happens if each end writes at the same time on the same socket ? - if one of them issues a read() after write() has completed, will it record into the buffer what the other sent ? ex. e1 writes to e2 - - - while - - - e2 writes to e1 (at the same time) e1 read () - what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gendaox
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to write write multiple cronjobs in shellscript??

Hi All, I need the answer of below question? 1) How to write multiple cronjobs in shellscript? Is there any way or we cant write in shellscript... Regards, Priyanka (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pspriyanka
2 Replies

8. Programming

Interactive Python 3.5+ sys.stdout.write() AND sys.stderr.write() bug?

(Apologies for any typos.) OSX 10.12.3 AND Windows 10. This is for the serious Python experts on at least 3.5.x and above... In script format sys.stdout.write() AND sys.stderr.write() seems to work correctly. Have I found a serious bug in the interactive sys.stdout.write() AND... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to write a daemon script?

My requirement is to run two scripts simultaneously. Let say, script1.ksh is running in a loop : example: script1.ksh is: for i in 1 2 3 do script2.ksh 1 & #psedu code which is required to write here # if script 2.ksh is running, execute a script3.ksh (which actually check the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumitc
2 Replies
lockd(8c)																 lockd(8c)

Name
       lockd - network lock daemon

Syntax
       /usr/etc/lockd [ -t timeout ] [ -g graceperiod ]

Description
       The  daemon processes lock requests that are either sent locally by the kernel or remotely by another lock daemon.  The NFS locking service
       makes this advisory locking support possible by using the system call and the subroutine.  The daemon forwards  lock  requests  for  remote
       data  to  the  server  site's lock daemon.  The daemon then requests the status monitor daemon, for monitor service.  The reply to the lock
       request is not sent to the kernel until the status daemon and the server site's lock daemon have replied.

If either the status monitor or server site's lock daemon is unavailable, the reply to a lock request for remote data is delayed until  all
       daemons become available.

When  a server recovers, it waits for a grace period for all client site daemons to submit reclaim requests.  Client site daemons are noti-
       fied by of the server recovery and promptly resubmit previously granted lock requests.  If a client site's daemon fails	to  secure  previ-
       ously  granted  locks  at  the server site, the daemon sends the signal SIGLOST to all the processes that were previously holding locks and
       cannot reclaim them.

Options
       -t timeout      The daemon uses timeout (in seconds) as the interval instead of the default value  of  15  seconds  to  retransmit  a  lock
		       request to the remote server.

-g graceperiod  The daemon uses graceperiod (in seconds) as the grace period duration instead of the default value of 45 seconds.

See Also
       fcntl(2), lockf(3), signal(3), statd(8c)

lockd(8c)