Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users HPUX : identify NFS mountpoint Post 89890 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 16th of November 2005 03:36:59 PM
Old 11-16-2005
Thank you.

How would you interpret this?
Code:
/banner_remote/banner_rpts (vcspnm:/banner_envs/banner_rpts) :     nfs3
/banner_remote/banner_tst1 (kcsqa1:/banner_envs/banner_tst1) :     nfs3
/banner_remote/banner_rpts (vcspnm:/banner_envs/banner_rpts) :     nfs3
.... more stuff removed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script to Use CPUs on a HPUX server to simulate Workload Manager on HPUX.

I am running HPUX and using WLM (workload manager). I want to write a script to fork CPUs to basically take CPUs from other servers to show that the communication is working and CPU licensing is working. Basically, I want to build a script that will use up CPU on a server. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

pwage-hpux-T for Trusted HPUX servers

I'm sharing this in case anybody needs it. Modified from the original solaris pwage script. This modified hpux script will check /etc/password file on hpux trusted systems search /tcb and grep the required u_succhg field. Calculate days to expiry and notify users via email. original solaris... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get mountpoint from filename

Dear Guru's Given a full filename /a/b/c/d/file.txt how do i determine what part is the mount point ( say /a/b). Cheers, Karel (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karelb
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Testing NAS /mountpoint accessible

Hello. What's the best way to ensure that a NFS filesystem mounted from a disk-cabine (NAS) is accessible? My proposal: 1. ping to the ip of the cabine 2. verify filesystem is mounted 3. touch a file inside the /mountpoint Any other suggestions? Thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asanchez
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Filesystem and partition, mountpoint

Hello All, I am new to System/plat-form administration work. Right now I am facing some issues while creating the filesystem and mounpoint. I am using Linux 6.0 SuSE 11. Last time I was used one command to partition the given space along with filesystem in SuSE 9 and it was done in GUI mode but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nvkuriseti
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Mountpoint 100% but no data inside

One of our mountpoint shows 100% but we have less data on that mountpoint. Pls help me to find which data/process holds the space. bash-3.00$ cd /oracle/server_software/oracle10 bash-3.00$ du -sh * 0K admin 260M app 0K flash_recovery_area 0K lost+found 0K oradata ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rock123
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to format new mountpoint

Can some one help me i try to mkfs new mountpoint from storageIBM but give some problem # mkfs -t ext3 /dev/sdd1 mke2fs 1.39 (29-May-2006) /dev/sdd1 is apparently in use by the system; will not make a filesystem here! my os is redhat 5.3 using fdisk # fdisk -l Disk /dev/sda: 298.9... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickyid04
4 Replies

8. AIX

Space not getting released on the mountpoint

root@atldc-oragrid-ux01:/oragrid_01> du -sg * 0.58 11gR2gridBase 47.31 Grid_11203 4.17 app 0.00 lost+found 0.01 oraInventory root@atldc-oragrid-ux01:/oragrid_01> cd Grid_11203 root@atldc-oragrid-ux01:/oragrid_01/Grid_11203> du -sg *|sort 0.00 JRE 0.00 OPatch_old 0.00 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mountpoint monitoring script

Hi, I am new to shell scripting. I prepared a very simple script to monitor mount points but not geting desired output. df -h|awk -F' ' '{ if ($5 >= 80) print "CRITICAL\n" $NF " mount point has reached " $5;}'|sed -n '3,$p' When I run above script in Sun solaris box it is executing... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
8 Replies

10. HP-UX

HPUX 11.11 NFS client hang

Hi. I'm having problems with my HP C8000 and 11.11 (ifs client needs to be restarted every week), trying to get it worked out. When I searched the web it seems, I require the following patches: PHKL_41041, PHKL_43823, PHKL_43577 Is there anyway to get hold of these packages? Many thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: plantage
2 Replies
UMOUNT.NFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     UMOUNT.NFS(8)

NAME
umount.nfs, umount.nfs4 - unmount a Network File System SYNOPSIS
umount.nfs dir [-fvnrlh ] DESCRIPTION
umount.nfs and umount.nfs4 are a part of nfs(5) utilities package, which provides NFS client functionality. umount.nfs4 and umount.nfs are meant to be used by the umount(8) command for unmounting NFS shares. This subcommand, however, can also be used as a standalone command with limited functionality. dir is the directory on which the file system is mounted. OPTIONS
-f Force unmount the file system in case of unreachable NFS system. -v Be verbose. -n Do not update /etc/mtab. By default, an entry is created in /etc/mtab for every mounted file system. Use this option to skip delet- ing an entry. -r In case unmounting fails, try to mount read-only. -l Lazy unmount. Detach the file system from the file system hierarchy now, and cleanup all references to the file system as soon as it is not busy anymore. -h Print help message. NOTE
For further information please refer nfs(5) and umount(8) manual pages. FILES
/etc/fstab file system table /etc/mtab table of mounted file systems SEE ALSO
nfs(5), umount(8), AUTHOR
Amit Gud <agud@redhat.com> 6 Jun 2006 UMOUNT.NFS(8)