Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cronjob question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Cronjob question Post 8969 by patvdv on Friday 19th of October 2001 04:58:33 PM
Old 10-19-2001
PS

One more important thing about cron: it has no ENV set.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cronjob

Please can someone help me. I need to set up a cron job to measure CPU usage, Disk I/O and memory usage over a period of 1 minute along with the number of users logged into the system. I also need to send it to another user besides myself every hour. Please can someone help me! Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gerwhelan
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

CronJob

Dear Guru, I have submitted some cronjobs that has been running for quite sometimes. However, today I counter some cronjob did not run. Can you please explain what causes this to happen. Any system setting that limit number of cronjob per minutes to be started, etc? Thanks. Kelly (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcng08
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cronjob

hi iam new at unix.iam running a cronjob,which i want to run on the first day of every month at 1AM.this is what i have specified: 00 01 1 * * is this corect? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wiz83
1 Replies

4. Solaris

at vs cronjob

HI, What is the differnece between at / con job? thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mokkan
1 Replies

5. AIX

cronjob

Hi, I want to schedule a script on daily basis in morning 8:00 A.M and 5:00 P.M , how can i achieve this, i want the parameter 0 ? * * * what will be the second parameter in my case. Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maooah
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to cancel a cronjob if the cronjob still running

hi everyone I'm newbie in this forum hope I can get some help here :) I have a command in crontab that executed every 1 minute sometime this command need more than 1 minute to finish the problem is, the crontab execute this command although it's not finish processing yet and causing the system... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2j4h
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cronjob help

Hi I am very new to linux. I want to run a cronjob every 15 minutes that checks a directory for files. If the directory contains more than ten files I want it to send an email to me. All I have is this... */15 * * * * ls -l | wc -l | | mail -s "This is just a test" I would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxNewb
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about cronjob

Dear all, I wrote a script and set it as a cron job to automatically download the data from the website. Here is the problem, when I run this script in terminal, it works well, while it can not download the files when I run it as a cron job, I feel so weird. The script as follows:... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: handsonzhao
28 Replies

9. AIX

Cronjob question about root emails.

I'm running a few cronjobs under a differnt user name that basically do the same thing: /usr/bin/find /home/userid/userid/archives -mtime +30 -type f -exec /usr/bin/gzip -1vN {} \\\; ; /usr/bin/mv /home/userid/userid/archives/*.gz /msgs/archive_msgs >/dev/null 2>&1 Seems to be working except... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixnj
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cronjob

How to set cronjob for 48 hours. I can set for 2 days as shown below. * * */2 * * It is creating confusion for 30 days & 31 days per month. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nishit
3 Replies
DH_BUGFILES(1)							     Debhelper							    DH_BUGFILES(1)

NAME
dh_bugfiles - install bug reporting customization files into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_bugfiles [-A] [debhelperoptions] DESCRIPTION
dh_bugfiles is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing bug reporting customization files (bug scripts and/or bug control files and/or presubj files) into package build directories. FILES
debian/package.bug-script This is the script to be run by the bug reporting program for generating a bug report template. This file is installed as usr/share/bug/package in the package build directory if no other types of bug reporting customization files are going to be installed for the package in question. Otherwise, this file is installed as usr/share/bug/package/script. Finally, the installed script is given execute permissions. debian/package.bug-control It is the bug control file containing some directions for the bug reporting tool. This file is installed as usr/share/bug/package/control in the package build directory. debian/package.bug-presubj The contents of this file are displayed to the user by the bug reporting tool before allowing the user to write a bug report on the package to the Debian Bug Tracking System. This file is installed as usr/share/bug/package/presubj in the package build directory. OPTIONS
-A, --all Install debian/bug-* files to ALL packages acted on when respective debian/package.bug-* files do not exist. Normally, debian/bug-* will be installed to the first package only. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/reportbug/README.developers.gz debhelper(1) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_BUGFILES(1)