Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Fedora and Ubuntu not working out with GRUB Post 89508 by eugrus on Monday 14th of November 2005 03:04:38 AM
Old 11-14-2005
There is. No one could help you if you do not want to read.

This task is extremely easy and I even told you what to do, so find section begining like
Code:
title "distro1"

and move it to the active grub's config.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Ubuntu to Fedora/OpenSolaris

I have installed Ubuntu and i am planning to install Fedora or opensolaris. Please let me know whether the drivers will be pre-installed or manually installed. If manually installation of drivers are required, where will i get the drivers. Currently i have Lenovo laptop with Windows Vista and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkca
3 Replies

2. Linux

Fedora 12 how to remove grub

Hi, I have a dual partition set up with Windows 7 and Fedora 12 installed. The default boot loader is grub which lets me choose the OS into which I want to boot into. Is there a way to remove grub as the default bootloader and get the Windows7 bootloader back? I tried to boot from the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neil.0412
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

Wireless stopped working- Fedora 12

I installed F12 around the time it was released and it picked up my wireless card and worked like a charm.....Suddenly last week everything stopped working and I receive what appears to be a driver error when wlan0 tries to load. Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06) : SET failed on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: woodson2
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Grub rescue problem after installing ubuntu 10.04 amd64 after i386

Hi all, I have Windows XP dual boot with Ubuntu 8.10 on my system. I brought in a portable HDD on which I installed Ubuntu 10.04 32-bit. The grub boot loader was installed along with this and to boot windows, I've had to plug in the HDD (with lucid install) everytime. It had been working fine.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: morningSunshine
0 Replies

5. Linux

fedora 11 updates not working

I am running fedora 11 as a virtual machine on vmware. when i open software updates they do not start.neither can new software be installed.but i am getting lan connection as firefox is working.have changed system proxy too. the directory /etc/yum.repos.d/ is not empty.this is output of ls... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxstudent
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

fedora grub help, moving to tri boot (XP, ubuntu, fedora soemething)

I will shortly be adding a fedora flavor to my devel box. I currently have XP (installed first on an ssd), ubuntu 10.04 (installed second on the first partition of a platter drive), and I want to add either Cent or SL on the second partition of the platter drive. I will probably also want to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command works on Fedora/Ubuntu, but doesn't work in Mac

Hi, I have a question. I define a function using sed command: replace() { searchterm=$1 replaceterm=$2 sed -e "s/$searchterm/$replaceterm/ig" $3 > $WORK'tempfile.tmp' mv $WORK'tempfile.tmp' $3 } Then I call replace 'test = 0' 'test = 1' $myfileThis code works well in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dark2Bright
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command works on Fedora/Ubuntu, but doesn't work in Mac

Hi, I have a question. I define a function using sed command: replace() { searchterm=$1 replaceterm=$2 sed -e "s/$searchterm/$replaceterm/ig" $3 > $WORK'tempfile.tmp' mv $WORK'tempfile.tmp' $3 } Then I call replace 'test = 0' 'test = 1' $myfile This code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dark2Bright
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Wine is not working in fedora 15

Hi Frnds I dont know where to post thread for fedora so here i am posting I have fedora 15 with kernel-2.6.41.4-1.fc15.x86_64.It was previously kernel-2.6.40.6-0.fc15.x86_64 which i updated today through Yum.After than i restarted with new kernel and installed wine-1.3.35-1.fc15.x86_64... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaibhav.T
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Jre not working in Fedora

I am having trouble getting my jre to work. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it several times but that is not working. I have setup the firefox symlink. sudo ln -s /usr/java/jre1.7.0_21/lib/i386/libnpjp2.so I have tried to follow these instructions. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
4 Replies
byobu-quiet(1)							       byobu							    byobu-quiet(1)

NAME
byobu-quiet - Silence all of Byobu's status indicators and eliminate the hardstatus line USAGE
byobu-quiet [--undo] DESCRIPTION
byobu-quiet will disable ALL of Byobu's status indicators and eliminate the hardstatus line. Some administrators, in some environments, at some times may prefer a very minimal, quiet Byobu, without the potentially distracting status indicators and eye candy. However, the window menu is preserved, as well as all of Byobu's keybindings and helper utilities. To elminate the window list, use byobu-silent(1). SEE ALSO
byobu-silent(1) http://launchpad.net/byobu AUTHOR
This manpage and the utility were written by Dustin Kirkland <kirkland@ubuntu.com> for Ubuntu systems (but may be used by others). Permis- sion is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document and the utility under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 published by the Free Software Foundation. The complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL on Debian/Ubuntu systems, or in /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-*/GPL on Fedora systems, or on the web at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt. byobu 10 May 2011 byobu-quiet(1)